News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Detention Center

Started by dyne21, July 09, 2009, 10:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyne21

Well i was wondering when you get banned you have to wait wait and wait to be able to go back on , why not make a detention center for them when they log in.

There sent into a building (where other players can see them and laugh, point and laugh :p) where they are able to train but without being able to get drops, or pvp,and they are mute, but just leveling up. So they dont fall behind. ;D

Titan

People are banned for reasons. There shouldn't be a special area just for the mand they shouldn't be able to log on at all when banned.
Livin' in a lonely world.

EpicPhailure

Plus, what's the point of leveling if it's not going to be useful?

Seifer

People are often banned for security reasons. Havent them still be able to acess the game is a bad thing.

Petro

This idea could be used for Tournaments, for people who jump onto the platforms. Instead of banning them, then unbanning them after the Tournament, just send them to Detention for the rest of the day.

Lucifer

I'd rather have a Wall of Shame, where the heads of all banned players are kept pinned to walls with Dunce hats equiped.

T-Rok

Luci would be on that wall alot

Looperpuck

Quote from: dyne21 on July 09, 2009, 10:37:47 PM
Well i was wondering when you get banned you have to wait wait and wait to be able to go back on , why not make a detention center for them when they log in.

There sent into a building (where other players can see them and laugh, point and laugh :p) where they are able to train but without being able to get drops, or pvp,and they are mute, but just leveling up. So they dont fall behind. ;D

I'm not sure why, but  I really like this idea. I guess I can picture it actually happening in S.O. I also like this idea because, it would give banned players still privileges to Stick-Online, but certain privileges. And I also like how he puts in the idea of leveling up while banned just so you don't fall behind.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lingus

I believe this idea is intended to be used for temp bans, not perma bans...

And I believe this has been suggested before numerous times. It's a fun idea.

Danimal

What's wrong with punishing someone with a temporary ban from the game?

Freeforall

Well, I would make this separate from normal bans. Like, this is just a punishment and you are stuck there until you realize what you have done wrong, and you are let out. Bans could be a step up from this. The Detention Center is served like a warning, and the next time it's a ban. 

EpicPhailure

Seriously, temp bans are just the same purpose for less work.

I mean, leveling up in prison doesn't really matter, seeing as it's not a race or anything.

Aqua

If a player gets banned for hacking, in allowing the player to be in detention, they are connecting to the server. They may continue their hacking, and even hack themselves out of detention.

As for temp-bans, that's fine. But there is a great difference.
~Aqua

Dragx_Rage

I think we should stick with temp bans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lingus

As far as I know, the game doesn't even have a method of temp banning currently... The only way it's done is the mod bans them, and then Meiun has to later unban them.