News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

PMing in Game

Started by Bo-sox, July 11, 2009, 12:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo-sox

My suggestion is to be able to send Personal Messages to people in the game. These person who recieves this message can see it anywhere in the world.

I think this would help because i hate running around looking for people. 

EpicPhailure

+support.

I mean, the reason is pretty obvious, right?

ARTgames

This is one of those things that all only games had by default. so yeah i think its ok.

Lucifer

I forget what exactly Meiun had against this... but I personally see nothing wrong with it. However I don't mind at all just MSNing people >_>.

Celson

This idea could also be useful if you are having a team pvp and you need to make a plan with your team mates but you haven't got time to talk them onto a chat program such as MSN. I was going to suggest the idea but I seem to have forgotten. Anyway, I hope it gets added  :)

EpicPhailure

Also, if you're pvping say, in a tournament or something similar, you aren't going to MSN them because they won't be able to see the message until the PvP is over. PMing makes it so that they just have to look up at the chatbox to read what your friend has to say.

Of course, this idea needs a block system to prevent spam.

Dragx_Rage

I support this idea. During tournements I sometimes have to log out of MSN for lag reasons, therefore PMing in-game would be very useful.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aqua

Quote from: Lucifer on July 12, 2009, 02:38:03 AM
I forget what exactly Meiun had against this... but I personally see nothing wrong with it. However I don't mind at all just MSNing people >_>.
I remember him saying that his original plans was having people find eachother, not talk whenever; defeating the original purpose. Whatever it was he had said, I know that this will not be implemented.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Quote from: Aqua on July 13, 2009, 12:41:16 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on July 12, 2009, 02:38:03 AM
I remember him saying that his original plans was having people find eachother, not talk whenever; defeating the original purpose. Whatever it was he had said, I know that this will not be implemented.
~Aqua

in other words back to msn.

LeGuy

I think it's sort of stupid that Meiun doesn't want to implement PMing or Clan Chat on the basis of how he intended the game to be played. There are about a billion (exaggeration) technologies, like MSN, the SHO shoutbox, and an official
Ventrilo Stick Online hosts, (Or at least they used to, I'm not sure if it's still online.) that people can and do use to communicate long-distance despite the game's limitations. The only difference is convenience, so I think that Meiun should probably change his mind.
Whee!

niwXOR

ARTgames

Quote from: LeGuy on July 13, 2009, 01:11:44 PM
I think it's sort of stupid that Meiun doesn't want to implement PMing or Clan Chat on the basis of how he intended the game to be played. There are about a billion (exaggeration) technologies, like MSN, the SHO shoutbox, and an official
Ventrilo Stick Online hosts, (Or at least they used to, I'm not sure if it's still online.) that people can and do use to communicate long-distance despite the game's limitations. The only difference is convenience, so I think that Meiun should probably change his mind.

Maybe he does not want people to use his game as a im client. That's all i can think of.

Aqua

As I said, I don't remember it clearly, but what I reemmber is that it wasn't within his original intentions of the gameplay for players to freely talk to anyone within the game.

That may be another reason, and showing yet another: people have external programs for communication (with the responce that people prefer to do their gaming and chatting in one window).
~Aqua