News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NEW SO2 MiniBoss! *2 ITEM DROPS REVEALED* >BUMBLEBIRD<

Started by Mr Pwnage, July 11, 2009, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Monster name: Bumblebird
Shortened name: FB (Flying Bumblebird)
Thanks to Mystery for the great name! I love it!

Hello everybody! For those of you who aren't aware, Mr Pwnage is back again! I am known for my spriting, which to be honest, hasn't been all that great in the past...till now! I am also known as a gml programmer by some...I am known as "The Thorn" on yoyogames.com. My back is currently in great pain, and therefore I am not really in much a position to type a whole lot...so I'll just show you all what you came here to see...the sprites, and a brief description! kkthxbai!

This MiniBoss was created by me, Mr Pwnage, for the use of Stick Online Donor Server Content, use anywhere else is copyright infringement... This boss is a flying monster, and therefore the AI for it will require some slight tweaking, but I'm sure it wouldn't be all to hard to work out. This mini boss is unique because I can spawn ANYWHERE! Much like presents on Christmas...but it wouldn't fall from the sky. I say it is a flying monster, but it will fly only slightly off the ground, similar to the ghost from the Halloween event. The only 2 changes necessary at that it can fly over cliffs, and therefore cannot be drowned, and that it doesn't jump when colliding with the ground, it just flies up and over. I already have the drop ideas for it, but will keep them secret incase by a lucky chance it is chosen for use in game play, in which case I would provide Meiun with them. So without further ado...here is...The Bumblebird!

Picture:

Idle/Movement Animation:

Attacking Animation:

UPDATE:
I have decided on revealing 2 hats that the monster would drop, along with the stats/abilities I believe they should have. I plan on making 2 more items for this monster to drop, but the will remain a secret, until further notice. So, here are the 2 hats, tell me what you think!

Bird Beak:

Description: +2 str, and the ability to say global messages all over SO2 with the limitations: The color of the text would be a light yellow, so it is not confused with moderator text. Players may only send global messages every 10 minutes. To use the global message feature, the bird beak must be equipped, than the chat, type /beak/ followed by your message. Example: /beak/Hello world!
This would be very useful for calling people anywhere in the world to help kill bosses, etc. So an SG spawns, and everybody around you turns to you and says, ?Bird call it?, and you type /beak/SG at the wall!  Of course, Meiun could change any part of this idea or not use it at all if he desires.
Shortened Name: Beak

Bumble Cap:

Description: +6 to int, would be a useful item to acquire with all the new weapons recently, and the wizard hat is way out dated anyways =p. Many people have wanted a dunce cap in SO for some time now, the bumble cap offers all the fun of a dunce cap AND a stylish, yet dangerous finish on the top! Again, if Meiun has different plans for it, those are the plans of action.
Shortened Name: BC

Dunce Cap:

Me and Lucifer were conversing on msn about this and well...here's the result. It would replace the bumble cap. I plan on making other bee/wasp related items anyways. Kind of ironic the dunce cap gives +6 to int! It's epic.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Nice work. It doesn't seem too unfitting for Stick Online, either. Kind of looks like a cross between a crow and a bee. So on that note, why not call it the Bumblebird? (The best I could think of.)
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Mystery on July 11, 2009, 05:42:59 PM
Nice work. It doesn't seem too unfitting for Stick Online, either. Kind of looks like a cross between a crow and a bee. So on that note, why not call it the Bumblebird? (The best I could think of.)
You sir...are a genius! I love that name, Bumblebird. Has a great ring to it! I think the shortened name for it should be "FB", for Flying Bumblebird, to avoid it starting with a "B" as there is already an abundance. And the monster is a cross between a raven and a wasp, with a demonic tone to it. I was keeping the SO style in mind the whole time I was making this one, and I think the result is quite pleasing. Thanks for the positive words and great name! I think I'll make it the official name.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

God-I-Suck

I like the idea of the monster. For the sprite, I think it looks pretty good! The only problem is that I think it is a little too detailed, but other than that, I think it would match pretty nice! But for S.O. 3 I have no clue. Good Job!

ARTgames

Its head does not move. and that make it look wired to me.

CherryPie

11clock

Freeforall

I think it's a little too detailed for S.O, but overall it's a very nice sprite and idea. I like the attack animation, too.

Mr Pwnage

Alright so...couple things:

1) Sorry the animations stopped working, image shack does that from time to time. They should be fixed now, tell me if you still can't see them.

2) I think GIS said somthing about SO3...no, I have no idea what the SO3 style will be like, these aren't for SO3. They are for the SO2 donor server.

3) Whoever said it's head doesn't move, there is a good reason for it. Unlike the sand fiend who bobs it's head, this is a flying monster. I have made many versions my monster with head movement and it always makes the bird look crippled/physically handicapped...So I watched a few youtube vids with bird movement and came to the conclusion no head movement is best. You have to remember that you are looking at a stationary sprite, ingame the movement will look much more natural, though it isn't too unnatural looking anyways...regarding head movement...the creature itself is horrifying I know!

4) Lastly I believe a majority of you in your comments have been saying that it might be too detailed for SO...I say not in the least, more like just right. I studied the most detailed monsters in SO...the RB, DS, SF (NOT SG good lord!), you'll see the amount of detail between the Bumble bird and them is almost identical. If you all are adamant about it being too detailed, please pull it up in full zoom, and tell me which part of it. (And don't use the zoom on your web browser, that makes it "jpeg-looking". Copy it into paint or somthing.)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's appriciated.

Also, I have already finished an item drop for it, but I don't plan on revealing it anytime soon...just incase it makes itself into the game.

Freeforall

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 11, 2009, 09:07:16 PM
Also, I have already finished an item drop for it, but I don't plan on revealing it anytime soon...just incase it makes itself into the game.
I don't think that will happen, but IDK. I just can't picture it, not being rude or anything, it's an awesome monster, but we'll have to let Meiun decide. Why don't you send it to him? :)

Lucifer

EpicPhailure

Actually, there was a concept (sprited and everything) of what S.O. 3 would look like posted after the topic Seifer made with the fake S.O. 3 preview. I believe the topic containing the real one was made by Venuse. Not that it matters, but just to reply to that 'I don't know what the style is' part.

Also, maybe Meiun will get it to S.O. 3 style and stick it into v3, since v2 is merely a way to keep us entertained.

Freeforall

Quote from: Epicphail on July 11, 2009, 10:14:58 PM
Actually, there was a concept (sprited and everything) of what S.O. 3 would look like posted after the topic Seifer made with the fake S.O. 3 preview. I believe the topic containing the real one was made by Venuse. Not that it matters, but just to reply to that 'I don't know what the style is' part.

Also, maybe Meiun will get it to S.O. 3 style and stick it into v3, since v2 is merely a way to keep us entertained.
Meiun told me he wishes to keep SO2 up after SO3 comes out, but he said he isn't sure he can.

EpicPhailure

Mr Pwnage

Alright guys, your taking this in the wrong direction...let me clarify a few things:

Bumblebird is a mini-boss I made for use in the SO donor server as content to keep interest in the game, though I'm sure interest wouldn't die out regardless, new content makes people happy. I appriciate that Meiun has been putting forth the effort to continue to add new content and host events, and I'd say after today's official tournament he's been doing a pretty damn good job. I am sure we are aware Meiun is limited to the content he can add into the game because he himself, does not design the graphics for his game. This is why a portion of the new donor content have been modifications to already exisisting content. So, to try and keep the game fresh and new, I, from time to time will try my hand at designing sprites for the game so that if desired by community and Meiun, may be used in the game. The main reasons I sprite are: A) I enjoy it.   B) The more I do it, the better I get.   C) It feels good when people like it.
I'd love to contribute graphics to a game that I so dearly love one day, but if that day never comes, that's fine too, because my sprites won't ever go to waste, I'd just use them in my games or add them into my scrap book.
Gah...typing all that I've just successfully put my back out again...a break is mandatory! Anyways, keep the comments comming positive or negative, because both help in their own way if spoken right.