News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Weapon damage spots

Started by Dragx_Rage, July 12, 2009, 07:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragx_Rage

Hello,
This my idea on weapon damage spots. I think different damage should dealt depending on what part of your weapon hits the monster/other player. Take the gs for example:

The sweetspot of the weapon is the green section. If you hit the monster/other player with this part of the weapon, you will deal 100% of the damage you possibly can with your build. If you hit the monster/other player with the blue section of the weapon, you will deal 75% of the damage you possibly can with your build. If you hit the monster/other player with the red section of the weapon, you will deal 50% of the damage you possibly can with your build.

Thanks for taking the time to read this topic, I would love some feedback. So what do you guys think? Are the percentages too low/high?

EDIT: This is just an idea I thought up, I don't even know if I like it myself really!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo-sox

Interesting idea....I think it needs some rethinking as its very hard to see what part of your weapon hits the monster. Also I think it would get very annoying worrying about how u hit the monster.

:)

Josh

i think it seems pretty cool but it would get annoying i guees :P
haha bluee

EpicPhailure

How will it work with the Spire and Katana, and any other weapons that have a stabbing or side to side slashing animation?

CherryPie

Sry to say, but your idea isn't worth the time coding it.
better idea: the more % of your attacking frame is in touch with your opponent, the more dmg you do.
So lets take the IS for example:
You won't be able to do the same dmg you do on SG's (where your whole animation hits the monster) as on blobs (where you only touch the monster with a small part of your weapon).
But if we would take a noob wep, like the hachet, you could do the same dmg on every monster..

Just a thought and no clue if it could work out with every weapon animations, but it would give you the same benefits and it would be a lot easier to code.

Aqua

Decent idea, but Link is right: more trouble than it's worth to code.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Supercowy

This idea is bad, and very hard to code. This idea will never get into the game.

Dragx_Rage

Thanks for the feedback, i agree that it would be very hard to code and may get annoying. Also, I don't know hoew it work for small weapons like katana but cherrypie's idea sounded ok. I just thought it would add more skill needed in pvp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~