News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Opposite Day for SO3

Started by Mr Pwnage, July 13, 2009, 08:12:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

I just had a funky idea...

So pretty much this day would come once a year, on a date significant to stick online. Somthing like, the very first day stick online was ever released, or the release of SO3, or maybe Meiun's Birthday, or better yet Lucifer's Birthday? Anyways, a special date to Stick Online.

On the day, all monsters spawn in the opposite locations. I'll use SO2 as an example:
Sand feinds and cacti would spawn in noobland, and blobs would spawn in the desert. In addition to that, all rare monsters spawns would have triple the chance of spawning than they usually do. Finally, all players would walk backwards. The keys would not be reveresed, but all sprites would be horizontally flipped. Can I hear a "HOOT HOOT" for moonwalking?!

What do you guys think?

New additional ideas:
1) Since gold is a somewhat trivial item (not saying it's worthless because I hear it will have more purpose in SO3, but trivial because it's a constant drop), gold could have opposite gravity, meaning it travels off into the sky, so you have to grab it quick! It would be destroyed offscreen. Only gold though, NOT ITEMS. God forbid a rare item floats to jesusland, never to return :(
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

HOOT HOOT.

But yeah, that's an awesome idea! The only thing that'll be annoying is that we'll have to go back to the Town to kill SFs and Cacti, and the clubhouse/whatever to kill skeles.

God-I-Suck

Haha. That sounds like a nifty idea. It would be pretty fun! O:

Dragx_Rage

HOOT HOOT. Nice idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lingus

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 13, 2009, 08:12:33 PM
Finally, all players would walk backwards. The keys would not be reveresed, but all sprites would be horizontally flipped.
Does that mean you'd have to stand behind a monster to hit it? Might still be a little difficult...

Aqua

That actually sounds great, as hard monsters in easy areas would need something to balance out the... Great drop chance change.

Oh, and HOOT HOOT.
~Aqua

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lingus on July 13, 2009, 08:47:58 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 13, 2009, 08:12:33 PM
Finally, all players would walk backwards. The keys would not be reveresed, but all sprites would be horizontally flipped.
Does that mean you'd have to stand behind a monster to hit it? Might still be a little difficult...
You relize what you said is kind of (unintentionally) irrelavent...because you can hit a monster in front of, or behind it. It will get hit as long as your weapon hits it. It only affects your walking, and which way your character is facing. In that sense, things are a little reversed, but there should be somewhat of a challenge seeing as the rare spawns would be tripled. You attack whichever way your character is facing.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Aqua

So if your animation is flipped, you're facing the other direction.
You missed his point.
~Aqua

Dragx_Rage

Opposite pvp tournement would be cool as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EpicPhailure

God, that would be so funny. Imagine us all trying to pvp when we're all flipped and stuff.

Dragx_Rage

It would be interesting to see who would win.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11clock

Imagine what the new people would think when they first log in! Now imagine when they get to the monsters! :P

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: 11clock on July 13, 2009, 10:04:27 PM
Imagine what the new people would think when they first log in! Now imagine when they get to the monsters! :P
There would probably be an announcement on the login screen explaining it, and plenty of players there to explain it aswell. No worries.

Aqua

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Aqua on July 13, 2009, 10:21:37 PM
That ruins the fun.
~Aqua
Signing your name after every little comment you say makes you look like a jackass.
~Love Mr Pwnage