News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Item magnet hat and other ideas

Started by ARTgames, July 14, 2009, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

What the idea behind this hat is when you kill a monster its drop(s) comes to you. if your inventory is full the item just lays there like normal.

Main reasons:
Why you might what this is if the monster is over a hole and some one kills it,(the item that dropped) the item wont fall into it.(just make sure you have the hat on) Also if your far away from a spawn point (i mean flag) and you have low hp with your item is in a big mess of enemy's that if you die you will be too far away and will loose your drop, you could put this hat on and get it.

Side reasons:
and if your playing that game ware you see how much gold you can leave on the ground but you still what the items. Or just for convince of not having to walk to it. town invasions.

Other Ideas:
Some times it gets hard to see which stick person is you when there is a lot of them in one place. What i was thinking is for there to be some kind of xray like effect when your in a large group.

The part of your body that intertwine with other people could change color so you can see ware you are in a big group.

examples:
before:
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8207/desertislandb4.png

After:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/8995/desertislandafter.png

More ideas:
A simpler idea that takes a lot less work but does not look as cool is just make your name only on your screen a different color (like green for example).

typing indication. While some one is typing a image of a little keyboard souled pop up above you head to show.

Also When you go afk for 5+min a "(AFK)" should appear by your name.

EpicPhailure

Nice!

What stats do you imagine this hat gives, if any?

Dragx_Rage

This is quite an interesting idea and would be useful if there was a rare drop on the floor but had low hp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 14, 2009, 10:55:49 AM
Nice!

What stats do you imagine this hat gives, if any?

not sure. i don't what it to be overpowered.

Dragx_Rage

Maybe it could use some stamina to attract the item to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo-sox

Great Idea! It would be really useful. Do you know what would drop it? I agree with Dragx Rage that it should use stamina to draw the item to you.

ARTgames

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on July 14, 2009, 11:56:20 AM
Maybe it could use some stamina to attract the item to you.

I wanted the item to be on its own and not use any of your stats. i assume that your no going to have much stamina because you were just fighting a monster. so no i dont like that idea.

EpicPhailure

Well, it really depends on how much you have, or whether you were JUST fighting or was just resting.

Also, another idea. If you encounter a person with another magnet hat on in PvP, then you guys would get knocked back a little, because when a magnet encounters another of the same type, then they repel each other. But this really needs a drawback, seriously.

Lucifer

Seems a bit unnecessary.

ARTgames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 14, 2009, 02:53:28 PM
Well, it really depends on how much you have, or whether you were JUST fighting or was just resting.

Also, another idea. If you encounter a person with another magnet hat on in PvP, then you guys would get knocked back a little, because when a magnet encounters another of the same type, then they repel each other. But this really needs a drawback, seriously.

Well what kind of draw back. i know what you mean. like maybe the father away you are the slower it comes to you.

Josh

i guees what luci said was right but i guees it'ed be a pretty cool idea

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ARTgames on July 14, 2009, 04:33:35 PM
Quote from: Epicphail on July 14, 2009, 02:53:28 PM

Well what kind of draw back. i know what you mean. like maybe the father away you are the slower it comes to you.

Well, you're basically having something done for you, with no effort on your part. So I'm thinking like, slightly less chance on getting an item drop.

Or maybe I'm just bent on nerfing everything xd

Rentofrent

Quote from: Lucifer on July 14, 2009, 03:11:25 PM
Seems a bit unnecessary.

I agree.
But this idea seems cool and interesting.

Mr Pwnage

I don't like any of these ideas but one, and the one I like, I strongly like. I might revise it a bit though:
I like your idea of your sticks body changing color, for large group scenarios. Escpecially for spawn partys at tournys. I think the system should work like this though:
Somewhere on the top menu bar, there is a button you can click on called "Spot Me". You click on the button, and your character's body brightens to a shade of mild-light grey, and head remains white. This wouldn't be done by making a new sprite, but by using a simple brightness command in GM, making it very easy to impliment. Click it again to turn it off. It is a toggle button.

If you don't mind art, I'd like to add that to my idea list, and give some credit to you? Tell me if that's alright.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

yeah sure. i don't mind. that works also.