News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Mr Pwnage's Sprite and Idea Page *UPDATE: OVER 9000*

Started by Mr Pwnage, July 14, 2009, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

***My thread is effing up so i had to switch around order and whatnot cause some text in certain areas keeps not appearing :/

Hello one and all, you have just entered into the one of the strangest places on earth. A place so vial and loving, so disgusting and sexy, so idiomic, you don't even want to know. Of course, I am refering to the mind of Mr Pwnage. Enjoy your stay, as it may be your last...dun, dun, duuuuuuuun. (By the way, I know that doesn't make sense, hush hush.)

From hence forth, all twisted abominations that spawn in my cranium, shall be documented in this thread. Blarhg...I am no good at this suspenseful speech...ENGLISH TIME! So yeah, all sprites I make and ideas I have can be found on this page. The *UPDATE:<number>* part of the title tells you when I have made an addition to this first post. Every time the number changes, so does this post. Without further ado...

SPRITES

HATS

Demonic Mask:

Description: Possible drop for the Halloween event.

WEAPONS

Description: A pretty cool weapon I made. It forms in your hand like an SF's sword, and than you swing it underhand, one handedly. I don't exactly know what would drop it, maybe a BBB, because they don't have a weapon specific to themselves yet. The BBB roams in the shadows of the forest, who would have guess they possessed a weapon just as mysterious? This weapon possesses an arcane magic, which gives +4 to INT when equipped. It is slightly weaker than a slasher, and slightly more upward knockback than a stone hammer, but less horizontal knockback than a stonehammer, meaninging it is great for getting things closer to the clouds, but not for moving/launching things side to side. It would mainly be used together with a wizard hat for regaining stamina, launching things into the air vertically, and a somewhat decent weapon for noobs who spend time killing BBBs and lesser monsters like that. Because of it's great INT bonus, and decent range, not to mention spiffy looks, there will definately be a reason to desire this weapon.
Shadow Blade:

IDEAS

STICK ONLINE 3

Garunteed Reward Items:
Don't you hate it how you kill 10,000 black bunnys but never get ears, than a newb gets them on his/her first black bunny kill? The following idea will ease much of this tension, and at the same time will make that day when you finally get ears, a lasting one.
Every rare monster (bosses, minibosses, and things like bunnys) would have a set number you have to kill, before you are 100% garunteed an item (this number would be a borderline obnoxious amount, but reasonable for the addicts/long term players of SO.). The item would depict the rarest item the monster drops, but would be a play on it, or lesser version. The item would have stat bonuses in the same areas as the item it is depicting, but lessened. Once you have reached the designated number, you would recieve a pop-up from the game, using the format: "The <insert monster name here> gods beg that you leave their kind alone. You have been provided with <insert garunteed item here> as on offering of peace. Do you accept the offering?" You are than prompted "Yes" or "No". If you hit "Yes", the item is spawned on top of you, about 32 pixels above. This is because people may have a full inventory. The number than resets to 0, and you have to start over again. If you hit "No", the item isn't spawned on top of you, and the number resets to 0.
This isn't the easiest idea to explain flat out, so let me provide an example, using SO2 logic: You need to kill 300 black bunnys to recieve the garunteed item. The garunteed item the black bunny drops is black bunny ear. (notice there is no "S") It would look like black bunny ears, but only 1 ear. The actual drop of Black Bunny Ears gives +6 to agi, so black bunny ear would give +4 or somthing. You reach the number required kill count after much hard work, and get recieve the messages I said in the above paragraph with the information entered. So you hit yes, and recieve the item. So what if you don't have the ACTUAL drop? At least you can show people that you have made an effort, a really big one. Maybe you already have the actual drop, you just want to stand out from the crowd, or show seniority perhaps? We all know the Dark Sage drops the dragoon helm, how about it's garunteed item be a baboon helm? That would be epic.
Finally, I think that the kill count number for the garunteed item should be kept secret, and people can figure it out for themselves as time progresses. This would keep people killing, and be suprised one day with recognition for their hard work. And just to clarify, when I say "kept secret", that means the game doesn't tell you, if sombody actually takes the time to figure out the exact number, they can share the discovery with everyone...good god, that person would have no life. O.O
So that raps up that lengthy idea...lord, I need to get out more.

STICK ONLINE 2

Scorpion Helmet:

Description: It is called the "Scorpion Helmet" because of the unique design of the helm, making it appear to have a scorpions tail of some sort. The helmet is my own unique design, all directly from imagination. I made this as a tournament prize for the second SO2 donor server tournament, whenever it may be. It's stat bonuses were supposed to be +6 to strengh.  I was particularly proud with how it turned out, so I messaged Meiun about it, where it was kindly turned down. I have decided on posting it for everyone's enjoyment though, so feel free to comment on it still, I personally think it's my best hat yet.

*More content will be added shortly, so make sure to check back, in the meantime just tell me what you think of the one hat and idea. Also I don't plan on keeping this picture up, but just for the meantime, here is what the scorpion helmet looks like with an inferno sword. It's pretty epic, and thanks Jiggy for letting me screenshot you, I appriciate it.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

ARTgames

Wow nice. good idea putting it with the IS in that last pic. :D

scsox

me likie... very good sprite... looks like a devil mask lol

ARTgames

Are all of you idea going to have sprites? thats would be a lot of work!

Dragx_Rage

Looks pretty cool and looks better with the IS. Good job, keep it up! +1 Karma.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr Pwnage

Just added my "Garunteed Reward Items" idea. It is very long, but very worth the read. Tell me what you think.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

scsox

idk it sounds cool but very time consuming for gm's... i don't think it will happen

Bo-sox

Man, i know that the garenteed item thing wont happen, but man would it be nice!

Dragx_Rage

I am not sure about your idea about getting the drop after killing a certain amount of monsters. However, maybe it could be a range of kills you need to get the drop. For example, getting black bunny ears instead of having to kill 300 black bunnies, you have to kill a random number of black bunnies between 200-400. These numbers would stiil be kept secert by the game and it would be harder to work out the range then just one number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on July 15, 2009, 03:27:23 PM
I am not sure about your idea about getting the drop after killing a certain amount of monsters. However, maybe it could be a range of kills you need to get the drop. For example, getting black bunny ears instead of having to kill 300 black bunnies, you have to kill a random number of black bunnies between 200-400. These numbers would stiil be kept secert by the game and it would be harder to work out the range then just one number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Osh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My only problem with that would be that it takes away from the whole fairness thing. Almost everything in the game is based on chance, the things that matter at least. The whole point of this idea was to add an aspect to the game not based on chance, something everybody has an equal opportunity at. If the number of kills needed for the item varied among players, that ruins the whole concept behind the idea. Though, the number could be less guessable than 300. Something like 296.

11clock

I have a better idea.

How about this? The more you kill a certain monster, the chance at getting a rare item increases. For example: You are killing BAs looking for a Spire. The first BA you kill has a 0.1% chance at dropping one. The next BA you fight will have a 0.2% chance at dropping a Spire. The percentage of getting a Spire increases by 0.1% each time you kill a BA. Once it hits like 5%, it won't go up anymore. :)

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: 11clock on July 15, 2009, 05:44:38 PM
I have a better idea.

How about this? The more you kill a certain monster, the chance at getting a rare item increases. For example: You are killing BAs looking for a Spire. The first BA you kill has a 0.1% chance at dropping one. The next BA you fight will have a 0.2% chance at dropping a Spire. The percentage of getting a Spire increases by 0.1% each time you kill a BA. Once it hits like 5%, it won't go up anymore. :)

Would it go back down to 0% once you get the item?

Mr Pwnage

I have a better idea.

No, I don't like that one bit. The current drop system is fine as it is, and should never be changed. The whole concept behind that idea is flawed, and is no replacement for the current drop system, or my suggested idea. Again, the whole point of my idea was to add items into the game that weren't based on chance, but hard work and/or seniority. If you are suggesting we tamper with the likelyhood of drops, than you miss the concept behind my idea entirely.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 15, 2009, 06:27:43 PM
I have a better idea.

No, I don't like that one bit. The current drop system is fine as it is, and should never be changed. The whole concept behind that idea is flawed, and is no replacement for the current drop system, or my suggested idea. Again, the whole point of my idea was to add items into the game that weren't based on chance, but hard work and/or seniority. If you are suggesting we tamper with the likelyhood of drops, than you miss the concept behind my idea entirely.

Oh I thought you were talking about all items.

CherryPie

That Garaunteed Rewards Idea is senseless if you ask me.
If you really want noobversions of the pro items (which makes no sense at all), you could just sell them in the shop, so they are "garaunteed rewards" aswell..