News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

When an SG Spawns...

Started by Mr Pwnage, July 28, 2009, 10:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

Hey people...this next idea is for SO2, but I am not putting it in my idea page cause this one is kinda short, but very effective, and I wanted it to get out easier.

So...When an SG spawns...I think the sky should DARKEN/change, and stay DARK/changed till the beast is dead! Not only would this visually be awesome, but, everybody all over the Stick Online World would know to rush to the desert, to help their fellow sticks! This would eliminate having to scout out where each 1 person is on SO, to help fight an SG, and would also alert people to go to the desert right as they log on.

As far as what color the sky should darken/change to, I had 4 ideas:
1) It could be the same as the old halloween? Just a darker shade of the current sky color.
2) It could be a dark shade of grey?
3) Indigo maybe? A nice dark color, spooky too.
4) Crimson? A blood red sky is tight for any evil-fighting occassion?

So, what do you all think? It would be easy as potato chips to impliment? A nice addition? Need I say more? All comments appriciated...maybe you all can post shades of colors, I'll look at the ones I like, and we can have a poll?
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

11clock

I actually like this idea. Indigo wouldn't really match the SG, so I'd say the Halloween sky.

ArtGames

i kind like brown like a sand storm.

scsox

just like artgames except have the sandstorm rip sand up from the ground and swirl like a tornado or something in the background would be cool!

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: scsox on July 28, 2009, 01:00:27 PM
just like artgames except have the sandstorm rip sand up from the ground and swirl like a tornado or something in the background would be cool!
I really like that Idea but...
Animated Backgrounds on S.O. = Major Lag?
I guess you could make the sandstorm affect sorta like the snow, cept have it fly around the screen in random directions, and of course be brownish gold. But It probably wouldn't look as good.

EpicPhailure

Make it like snow. Only it's sand. You just have to have a command to turn off the sand/snow like on Christmas.

ArtGames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 28, 2009, 01:12:58 PM
Make it like snow. Only it's sand. You just have to have a command to turn off the sand/snow like on Christmas.

yeah! i like this idea the best so fare.

Looperpuck

I like the idea of having a Crimson background. That would be pretty epic. Nice topic as usual Mr.Pwnage.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lucifer

I would love to have this and/or a global message saying "A Sand Golem has appeared...." seems like a nice idea. I mean it's an epic enough boss that it needs everyone on SO to defeat, might as well give it a way to attract everyone (besides Stickho shoutbox and spamming people's MSN)

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: ArtGames on July 28, 2009, 01:23:59 PM

Wow Epic... Way to repeat ideas T___T

Bo-sox

EpicPhailure

Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on July 28, 2009, 03:16:05 PM

Not exactly. You also said it should/could fly in random directions, whereas I didn't mention that ^_^

Aqua

Heh, as soon as I saw this topic I thought of a sandstorm, only to read that someone said it :(.
~Aqua

ArtGames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 29, 2009, 12:02:34 PM
Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on July 28, 2009, 03:16:05 PM

Not exactly. You also said it should/could fly in random directions, whereas I didn't mention that ^_^

dude im sorry i did not see that part of your post.

jonsploder

Easy way for meiun to do this is just to draw a square over the view screen and set the transparency to 0.5. Making everything darker. Apart from sticks maybe, because the depths would already be set. Like they appear to shine :P.

Cool idea. But backgrounds would be needed to be loaded for halloween.