News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Non pvp HP potions

Started by ArtGames, July 29, 2009, 02:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtGames

This has been suggestion many times before but i have not see a topic here about it.

As you know the only to regain health in stick online is to do nothing. This is boring and i think should be last resorse of healing if you do not have any other resources to do so. This turns a lot of people off to the game.

What i what are Non pvp HP potions that you buy or drop from monster once and a while. Once you have them in your innovatory (they only take once slot and they have a # next to how many you have) and you press shift (just my idea) you use one and your health goes up. how much hp and the key you press ill let meiun choose.

There is no reason why this should be left out. This system has been used in many other fun game's without fault. To tell you the truth stick online is the only game that i can think of like this ware you haft to what on your own time so long. Other than Bord games and turn based games but stick online is not one of those. Its a real time rpg fighting mmo. You might call me inpatient but i don't play games to improve my it. i play them to have fun now. and alot of other games do that already.

We work for are gold why cant are gold work for us. I think giving it up to play more is worth it.

Of Course as i said above this should not be used in pvp. This should be about who is best and not who has the most potions.

If for some reason you think this is a bad thing to add to the game please say something. I just don't understand how sitting there literally is fun.

I would love for this to be implemented as soon as possible but this game not being in main development stick online 3 seem like a good choice for this idea?

Off note: I would like stam potions but that would make int even more useless.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: ArtGames on July 29, 2009, 02:28:36 PM
Of Course as i said above this should not be used in pvp. This should be about who is best and who has the most potions.
Heh, gotta love your bad grammer ArtGames.

Anyways as for the idea itself, I have to say no. Meiun has said many times before that the NPC combat system is already too easy as it is...so while this would be a nice luxury to have, I don't think we need anymore luxurys...for systematical gameplay purposes.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 29, 2009, 03:01:06 PM
Of Course as i said above this should not be used in pvp. This should be about who is best and who has the most potions.

::)

And I'd have to agree with Mr. Pwnage on this.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Mystery on July 29, 2009, 03:07:37 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on July 29, 2009, 03:01:06 PM

::)

And I'd have to agree with Mr. Pwnage on this.

Buddy. I. Will. Cut. You.
NOW FIX MY GRAMMAR IN THAT SENTENCE...IF YOU DARE.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

yottabyte

I like this idea cause I don't have much vitality and when I heal I often go AFK and forget that I was playing SO. It would be great. I say YES.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

ArtGames

Ill fix that. i alwas leave out a not or a cant. :P

But why not meiun increase monster strength? I don't care if the monster get harder to kill i just don't want to be sitting there doing nothing.

Looperpuck

I don't like this idea, Stick-Online isn't meant to have potions, it's just not that type of game. I like the way it is right now. And Pwnage is right, the monsters, are already pretty easy to kill the way it is. If there were stam pots, and Hp pots the monster would be dead in no time.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ArtGames

I know you all like the game how it now. You would not be if you did not. And this server is for people who like the game how it is.

I think i sould w8 till stick online 3 comes out and the flood of new players come in and ask them if they like it.

It could be really just be me. Not every one has one vit like i do and i dont think it was meiuns intention for that to happen. I think i sould have had a higher vit account befor i made this topic.

Side note:
Why does it matter how had hard it is to kill npc? I thought this game was a pvp game with a rpg tacked on to add a bit of depth. dont we just kill them for items and exp for the pvp?

Lingus

A major portion of the game is PVP, Art, but there are people who play this game simply for its RPG elements (such as myself).

In any case, I will refute your point that this is the only game of its kind that doesn't have potions. It's just not true. There are games where you have to sit or rest or meditate to regain health or mana or stamina. And every MMORPG has down time. Even if there are potions you don't always have them or it's far too expensive to buy enough of them to always be able to use potions, so inevitably you will be sitting/resting/meditating to regain health/mana/stamina in almost every MMORPG.

There are the rare RPG that stays away from downtime, such as Diablo 2. It's a very fast paced game and you either have a constant stock of potions for health and mana that you constantly have to replenish, or you have items which replenish your health and mana when you attack monsters and therefore you don't require potions. But Diablo 2 is really one of the only games I can think of that is like this, and it doesn't really qualify as a MMORPG nor is it similar to SO.

EpicPhailure

WoW requires it, or at least in some parts of the game (raids, instances, etc.)

Lingus

Not really. You can always sit and regen if you don't have potions... At least from what I remember. Potions were just to save yourself from dying, not reduce/eliminate downtime.

ArtGames

@Lingus
Thats nice but do you like the idea of potions in stick online? you did not seem to say that you do or don't.