News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Double Stamina Costs

Started by Torch, July 30, 2009, 12:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torch

To balance int with the rest of the stats, I suggest doubling the stamina costs for all weapons and attacks. This would require players to invest more than 6 points into int. Obviously, a stat reset would be necessary.

EDIT: I rethought my idea and I instead suggest that large weapons such as the great sword, inferno sword, sand sword, and stone hammer be significantly improved damage-wise and also much more stamina-consuming, to allow but not require high-int builds.

scsox

Looperpuck

Could you break it down, don'r really understand what you mean by double stamina costs.
Resurrected

Lucifer

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 30, 2009, 01:10:21 AM
Could you break it down, don'r really understand what you mean by double stamina costs.
He means exactly how he worded it. All the weapons would have the stamina cost to swing them doubled. For example, the Spire Dagger takes 14 stamina to swing, after implementing this idea it would take 28 stamina to swing. Might be surprising, but I don't like this idea. It forces people to get a large amount of intelligence, and forcing people to get stats ruins the entire point of customization. However INT Does need a little more balancing, whether it be the implimentation of skills, higher stamina usage weapons, etc, I don't really care, but at the moment it's a bit forgotten on most accounts.

Looperpuck

Ahhh, yeah. I understand now. I don't really like that idea.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

yottabyte

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

EpicPhailure

Less amounts? Like 1.5 or something.

Aqua

How about better weapons which need intelegence- such as Legendary Sand Sword, or Spire Dagger. It'd be cool to have more such weapons in the future.
~Aqua

ArtGames

implement skills or what for so3. i like how int is now.

11clock

I don't like that idea. 58 stamina for a single GS swing? :o

Mr Pwnage

Well, I have 2 problems with your idea...
1) Doubling stamina costs?! I hope your also improving the bonus INT gives...
2) Your suggesting a stat reset after it...if people are getting a stat reset, why the hell did I make HotChocolate to try out a new build? That is A LOT of time wasted for nothing.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

I sort of agree, but doubling it would be too massive an adjustment. The stamina cost could be slightly upped(say, 1.5 like Epic said)so people would have an easier time than if it was doubled, yet some INT would still be really important. And a slight increase to what INT gives would help calm the high-levels who barely have any.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Torch

You're right, Lucifer. I instead suggest that large weapons such as the great sword, inferno sword, sand sword, and stone hammer be significantly improved damage-wise and also much more stamina-consuming, to allow but not require high-int builds.

It's unlikely that skills will be implimented into SO2. I think it's much more realistic to suggest tweaks in variables that require very little effort to change than to suggest the addition of things that will require time and effort.

Alot of the mod weapons are very stamina-consuming. Because of the mods perks, it's not as big a problem as is we had them, but they are a good example of what I'd like to see implimented into the game. People with weapons like that would definetely want to invest more points into int.

Lingus

SO2 shouldn't get any balancing tweaks this drastic. The weapons are all balanced pretty well. Doing this would ruin that.

Skills, implemented in SO3, will take care of making Int usefull. In SO2 Int is already pretty usefull, but people just don't recognize it. In a pvp build it's not extremely necessary to have very high int since the fight ussually ends before you stam out, but in pvm it is extremely usefull to have more int than most people have. It reduces downtime as you can fight longer before stamming out.

Titan

An idea that i had that I think would work to help balnce int is that every 3 stat points in int it would take 1 less stam per weapon up to a max of 10 off.
Livin' in a lonely world.