News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

SG hit zones

Started by Pinball, July 30, 2009, 03:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

Simple idea, basically have two hit zones for the SG instead of one.  The bottom hit zone would do damage like normal, but hitting the upper one would do double damage.  The reasoning for this would be to speed up how fast it dies, but for balancing the players have to jump up on a platform to hit the upper zone, leaving them a small area to dodge the SG's attacks.

Attacking the red outline area would be double damage, the green outline would be normal damage.

~Pin

Looperpuck

Good idea, this will definitely speed up the death of the great Sand Golem. Could also get some people more chances of items.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ArtGames

I would like the idea more if you could attack while jumping.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ArtGames on July 30, 2009, 01:27:38 PM
I would like the idea more if you could attack while jumping.

Hell yes. But I think that's an idea for another topic, don't you think?

Aqua

It's okay, but 2x is pushing it. Even 1.1x would really add up.
~Aqua

Torch

Great idea. As well, this would give incentive for players to keep the SG near the wall/temple, instead of dragging it away from the other players.

Lingus

Actually, at the temple this would be opposite. Most people stand on the platform and hit it from there as is. Doing this would mean that everyone would have the advantage. It would be easier to hit it for more damage than less. Obviously at the wall this wouldn't be the case, but you can't design a monster for only one area if it spawns at another that would defeat the purpose.

Pinball

Quote from: Aqua on July 30, 2009, 01:58:06 PM
It's okay, but 2x is pushing it. Even 1.1x would really add up.
~Aqua

Seems you assume everyone would do this, people with low agi/vit would probably get hit too much and would stick with base hitting.  Even if everyone did go for double damage it would still take around 50 minutes for it to die, so I don't really see how it would add up.

Quote from: Lingus on July 30, 2009, 06:12:58 PM
Actually, at the temple this would be opposite. Most people stand on the platform and hit it from there as is. Doing this would mean that everyone would have the advantage. It would be easier to hit it for more damage than less. Obviously at the wall this wouldn't be the case, but you can't design a monster for only one area if it spawns at another that would defeat the purpose.

Because people hit it more on the platform then other areas doesn't ruin the idea, it still involves the same risks as anywhere else.  Going by your logic, the sg shouldn't spawn at the temple at all since it's the only area that supports a place not to get hit from it.

~Pin

Lingus

Quote from: Pinball on July 31, 2009, 12:33:00 AM
Quote from: Lingus on July 30, 2009, 06:12:58 PM

Because people hit it more on the platform then other areas doesn't ruin the idea, it still involves the same risks as anywhere else.  Going by your logic, the sg shouldn't spawn at the temple at all since it's the only area that supports a place not to get hit from it.

~Pin
Well, I'm not saying it shouldn't spawn there... the fact that that is a smaller area than the rest of the desert making it less likely for an SG to spawn there in the first place is good enough. My point is that if an SG spawns there, not only do you get the benefit of not getting hit, but you would also be doing more damage. The point is, there is already a benefit of staying higher up so you don't get hit by the SGs attacks. It would actually make more sense to make the lower half do more damage. That way in the desert where there is no place that is safe from the attacks everyone would do more damage and it would be slightly easier to kill. Also, it would give people incentive to keep it AWAY from the wall because you want to stay off the wall when hitting it (and most people rest on the wall so they don't get hit by any other monsters). And then at the temple there would be incentive to jump off the platform where you could potentially get hit but you would do more damage. If you choose to stay on the platform, you won't get hit but you would do less damage.

ArtGames

keep it the way it is.

Dragx_Rage

Not sure about this idea really.

hartless!

whats the point of this?, then everyone will hit the top part, if your going to implement this you might as well decrease its health. I think it should be left alone.