News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Threshhold indicator

Started by Aqua, July 30, 2009, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

This is a quite simple concept, once an instance of a monster has taken a certain amount of damage or more by a player (depending on the monster), an icon is drawn 3 pixels above the top of the sprite. Here is the icon I had imagined that it would look like: . I am a bit unsure of how this would be used on certain monsters, such as the Sand Golem, as people might hit the threshhold and leave. Also, on the Sand Golem, a tiny little icon over the humongus boss would look odd, and maybe it should be scaled in the same way as the Golem (9 pixels above, 3x wider/taller). Here is an example, SG left without an icon for realism, and the two reasons stated above. Some monsters do not have one, as that is also more likely to have not gotten the threshhold on everything.

Anyways, thoughts/ideas?
~Aqua

ArtGames

I would like a healthbare on top/bottom better when you hit the enemy. The icon reminds me of when a monster used a skill in maple story. :P

Mr Pwnage

Great idea. I love it. Not only is that useful...but it eliminates a lot of frustration regarding the whole "Losing Drops Offscreen" problem. Soo...thumbs up, and plaws karma.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Aqua

Quote from: ArtGames on July 30, 2009, 01:31:18 PM
I would like a healthbare on top/bottom better when you hit the enemy. The icon reminds me of when a monster used a skill in maple story. :P
I know that Meiun won't have a HP bar, so I'm unsure about what he'd think of this. On your comment about MapleStory, never played it.
~Aqua

Mystery

I really like this idea. Health bars seem a bit over the top, people usually just care about whether a monster is close to death or not. Maybe there could be different versions of the indicator(say, a gray skull when a monster has lost half its health and a red one when it has only 1/3 left)as well.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

ArtGames

It would be funny if when monster hits low health they start running from you.(like the bunny) kind of how you can tell if a person has low hp.

That was a joke btw.

Aqua

Quote from: Mystery on July 30, 2009, 01:46:17 PM
I really like this idea. Health bars seem a bit over the top, people usually just care about whether a monster is close to death or not. Maybe there could be different versions of the indicator(say, a gray skull when a monster has lost half its health and a red one when it has only 1/3 left)as well.
Well, as I said, I think Meiun won't like it even now. So, that's why I kept it simple. I also thought that the skull might fade in, but for that reason and on monsters with large threshholds, it'd be difficult to tell if it's partially transparent, or you've got the threshhold.
~Aqua

ArtGames

Quote from: Aqua on July 30, 2009, 01:55:38 PM
Quote from: Mystery on July 30, 2009, 01:46:17 PM
Well, as I said, I think Meiun won't like it even now. So, that's why I kept it simple. I also thought that the skull might fade in, but for that reason and on monsters with large threshholds, it'd be difficult to tell if it's partially transparent, or you've got the threshhold.
~Aqua

You know what, your right. i don't see meiun doing HP bars. I think your idea could be simple e-nuf that meiun might accepted it. This is only for npc's right?

EpicPhailure

Most likely. There aren't much places where you can hit the standard player sprite in a different place than if you were attacking on the same platform as the victim.

Aqua

Yeah, I thought about it being cool if a skull popped up at the destroy event of a player instance, and floated up fading away, but that would cause fps lag with ping lag, and just make things worse and worse.
~Aqua

ArtGames

Quote from: Aqua on July 30, 2009, 02:02:28 PM
Yeah, I thought about it being cool if a skull popped up at the destroy event of a player instance, and floated up fading away, but that would cause fps lag with ping lag, and just make things worse and worse.
~Aqua

Nah i don't think so. It would run alot better than gold and meiun gives that out like candy.

Quote from: Epicphail on July 30, 2009, 02:02:19 PM
Most likely. There aren't much places where you can hit the standard player sprite in a different place than if you were attacking on the same platform as the victim.

did you post in wrong topic?

Lingus

Oh yea, I like this idea. Though I think something better than the skull/crossbones should be used. Not necessarily a sprite of something. Something along the lines of recoloring the monster or adding a red border around the monster or something like that. I think something that doesn't stand out as much as a floating skull/crossbones would be better.

EpicPhailure

did you post in wrong topic?

I think I did >_<

krele

I like the idea... Nothing more I can say... Except for, why do you have -karma? O_o

+karma

Lingus

Quote from: krele on July 30, 2009, 08:24:36 PM
I like the idea... Nothing more I can say... Except for, why do you have -karma? O_o

+karma
Agreed. I think someone is going around smiting people.

I liked your idea and should've given u + Karma in the first place, but since Krele reminded me: +Karma