News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Inns

Started by LeGuy, July 30, 2009, 07:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeGuy

This suggestion is for SO3.

For this to be implemented, some sort of multiple room system would have to be made as the current SO is just one big seamless world. This would also apply for shops, banks, etc.

Inns would be buildings located in cities and towns in Stick Online. Their appearance would vary depending on the town - for example: a simple shop-like building for a NewbTown like city, a tent for a desert town, or an igloo for a snowy settlement. These Inns would be monster free as well as a non-PvP zone, so you would not have to worry about being killed. (A disadvantage to this is that annoying people could attack others randomly and then flee to the Inn to avoid being killed, but I can't think of any way to prevent this yet.) Within the Inn you could just chat with others, heal in peace, or purchase simple items (potions, food, etc.) from the innkeeper. An Inn could also double as a fancy spawn point exclusively for cities by adding the option to get a room, (for a small fee) or save the inn's spawn point. When your spawn point is saved to an Inn instead of a spawn flag, instead of appearing in the sky over a flag you would regain consciousness in one of the inn's beds. When you awake in a bed your HP and MP are fully restored. (As Inns would only exist in cities, this would not add the advantage of having full health as you rush back into an epic monster battle.)

Another possibility would be a sleeping feature where you can get a room and fall asleep in its bed. If one then logs off while sleeping in a bed, the next time you logged in you would be rested. While rested, you would gain 2x experience from killing monsters. The longer one spends logged off sleeping in a bed, the longer they remain rested when they log back in.

Well, that's pretty much it. If you have any questions or comments please don't hesitate to post.  ;)
Whee!

EpicPhailure

QuoteA disadvantage to this is that annoying people could attack others randomly and then flee to the Inn to avoid being killed, but I can't think of any way to prevent this yet.

Could just have like, an invisible wall that prevents you from entering if you haven't been out of combat for at least 3-5 seconds.

QuoteAnother possibility would be a sleeping feature where you can get a room and fall asleep in its bed. If one then logs off while sleeping in a bed, the next time you logged in you would be rested. While rested, you would gain 2x experience from killing monsters. The longer one spends logged off sleeping in a bed, the longer they remain rested when they log back in.

I don't like this one because Stick Online is simple, and that's what makes it fun/addicting.

Aqua

2x experience is a lot. As I mentioned with the damage zones of a SG, 1.1 is plenty. Other than that, it's decent. But monsters near inns should have severe drawbacks, so people don't just stay near inns and constantly relog. This way people are forced to leave the inn to get good monsters/drops elsewhere.
~Aqua

LeGuy

QuoteI don't like this one because Stick Online is simple, and that's what makes it fun/addicting.

Well, lack of simplicity can sometimes interfere with entertainment value, but just having more experience gain from monsters doesn't conflict with any other aspects of the game. I have to disagree with you on this one.

Quote2x experience is a lot. As I mentioned with the damage zones of a SG, 1.1 is plenty. Other than that, it's decent. But monsters near inns should have severe drawbacks, so people don't just stay near inns and constantly relog. This way people are forced to leave the inn to get good monsters/drops elsewhere.
~Aqua

I don't really care about the exact amount of extra experience you'd get, that's for Meiun to decide. (If he chooses to implement this, that is.) And don't worry about people exploiting the system, if one logged out and logged right back in, he'd stay rested for about ten seconds. It'd take at least an hour or so of logout time to stay rested for a decent period of time. Additionally, in most MMO's, the bigger, badder monsters are far away from civilization whether or not they have a rested feature or not.

Whee!

Lingus

I really like this. I agree with all of the features you have mentioned. When I started reading I thought a bonus to exp for logging out would be good, and then noticed you already wrote it in... Nice. It makes sense the way you have it and I wouldn't change a thing.

Good suggestion post.

+Karma

ArtGames

I wonder if people read the middle post in a topic.

krele

Naming it a "Club House" would be perfect! =D

Mystery

I like this idea a lot. Things like these can be great staples for action RPGs, and the way you described it being would fit Stick Online quite well in my opinion.

QuoteA disadvantage to this is that annoying people could attack others randomly and then flee to the Inn to avoid being killed, but I can't think of any way to prevent this yet.
There's a way I could think of avoiding that similar to what EpicPhail mentioned. You could have a stick person outside the inn, sort of like a 'security guard'. If someone tried to enter directly after fighting(with PVP)he'd deny access. You'd have to wait a couple of minutes before he'd let you in, giving the attackees plenty of time for revenge.

AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lingus

Pretty simple. You can't enter if you have pvp activated. There is already a feature that doesn't allow you to turn off pvp for a certain period of time after hitting someone or getting hit by someone. That would be the amount of time before you would be able to turn pvp off and then enter the inn.