News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Screenshot key

Started by yottabyte, July 31, 2009, 04:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yottabyte

In a nutshell, press a key to take a screenshot of SO and it's saved as an image in the SO folder.
A lot of games has this feature and it would be easier taking screenshots.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

BraveBro2

Why bother?  Windows has one built-in.  Just press Print Screen to the right of F12 (or Alt+Print Screen for just the active window), and the image is copied to the clipboard.  You can open Paint, or your favorite image manipulation program, paste it in there, and save it.

yottabyte

Quote from: BraveBro2 on July 31, 2009, 04:04:38 PM
Why bother?  Windows has one built-in.  Just press Print Screen to the right of F12 (or Alt+Print Screen for just the active window), and the image is copied to the clipboard.  You can open Paint, or your favorite image manipulation program, paste it in there, and save it.

I know, that's what I do now but if you want to take pictures like when killing a boss it's just better to have a fast key because windows can't keep several images in the clipboard.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

EpicPhailure

In addition, opening Paint or any other graphics program will lag S.O and

A. Disconnect you
B. Take REALLY long to load up

yottabyte

Quote from: Epicphail on July 31, 2009, 05:17:55 PM
In addition, opening Paint or any other graphics program will lag S.O and

A. Disconnect you
B. Take REALLY long to load up

THAT's why I get disconnected so much! I have like 5 programs running besides of SO including Adobe Photoshop

ArtGames

Use fraps. http://www.fraps.com/

the free one can do want you need. It will take screen shots and save them into ware ever you want with quickness and without opening anything. You can also set the hotkey.

@Epicphail
What are your pc specs?

yottabyte

Quote from: ArtGames on July 31, 2009, 05:32:37 PM
Use fraps. http://www.fraps.com/

the free one can do want you need. It will take screen shots and save them into ware ever you want with quickness and without opening anything. You can also set the hotkey.
I know about fraps, I've used it for about 2 years in other games and I even have the registred. But, fraps + GM games = Fail. It's like.... cereals with.....
Ok I can't come up with anything but you get the point. The pictures get messed up

ArtGames

What kind or problem? For me all it seems to do is have a big black offset. But you can just crop that off easy.

EpicPhailure

@Epicphail
What are your pc specs?

It's not my computer, it's the program that I open up. You see, I barely use Paint anymore so it's not in my quicklist. So I don't want to search for it, and open up the program that I use for siggys and whatnot. I'm pretty sure having a better computer wouldn't help.

ArtGames

Quote from: Epicphail on July 31, 2009, 08:30:48 PM
@Epicphail
What are your pc specs?

It's not my computer, it's the program that I open up. You see, I barely use Paint anymore so it's not in my quicklist. So I don't want to search for it, and open up the program that I use for siggys and whatnot. I'm pretty sure having a better computer wouldn't help.

Nah. I use firework/phontoshot (like when im making a sig or img for a site) at the same time of stick online running without problem. But its ok. its not your pc.

Also what i did once at one time was if you too screen shots with ms word(old 2004 one i used), it would keep history of chipboard. Im not sure if you can still do that in the newer ms sweet.

yottabyte

Quote from: ArtGames on July 31, 2009, 06:37:30 PM
What kind or problem? For me all it seems to do is have a big black offset. But you can just crop that off easy.
Yeah I know, fraps is the best program out atm for taking screenshots.
Here's a test ss I just took

But hey, should everyone that takes screenshots often install fraps?
The big black border is easily taken off but do people have the time and will to do that to all their screenshots?

I say it would be easier with an ingame system

Yokto

For 2 years ago i used fraps, but i'm totally for a in-game system!

ArtGames

@yottabyte
There are plenty of batch image croppers/rezer/formations on the internet. here a list of them: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/batchresizecrop/Batch_Resizing_Cropping_Tools_Tips.htm
These tool can be usefull for other things than stick online. so they are just nice to have.

But if your on a pc that's not yours it would be ok to have a built in one. so i do like your idea. Just convince meiun of it.

yottabyte

Quote from: ArtGames on August 01, 2009, 12:24:42 PM
@yottabyte
There are plenty of batch image croppers/rezer/formations on the internet. here a list of them: http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/batchresizecrop/Batch_Resizing_Cropping_Tools_Tips.htm
These tool can be usefull for other things than stick online. so they are just nice to have.

But if your on a pc that's not yours it would be ok to have a built in one. so i do like your idea. Just convince meiun of it.

The problem is that it would need another program and I don't want to spam my computer with not that useful programs.

PizzaBoy

if keyboard_check_pressed(vk_home) {
  screen_save("stick"+string(date_current_datetime())+".bmp");}

That just needs to be added to a step event somewhere.

(When I tried it with vk_printscreen, it didn't work)