News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Chang key settings

Started by ArtGames, July 31, 2009, 08:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtGames

This is for so 3 or 2. A simple idea. The idea is just to be able to change what keys do what.

Now I really really like how the keys are now. But its not good for all keyboards. On my laptop i have little arrow keys. So it would be nice if i could move the moving keys to the main letter part of my keyboard.

something else i have seen is when you are typing with other languages key mappings under windows it that it also changes it for normal in game stuff. So jump tuns into q or something depending on the language.

Now the simplest way to implement this that i can think of is to have a something like a /setkeys. When you type that in a box comes up and says "press what button you what for jump." You press the key you want for jump and then it will ask you "press what button you what for left" and so on.

If you have a simpler way post it.

EpicPhailure

Maybe this will take less work, no idea since I have no experience with Gamemaker/Java, but I say that instead of the text, it has a thing similar to Maplestory with squares representing the commands and you drag them to keys on your keyboard.

Lingus

Yea, definitely have to do this for SO3.

Better way to set the keys would be to have a window that has all of the commands and what keys they are currently set to. When you click where it shows what key you press the key you want and it sets it to that one. Standard method for most games.

ArtGames

Quote from: Lingus on August 01, 2009, 03:50:34 PM

Better way to set the keys would be to have a window that has all of the commands and what keys they are currently set to. When you click where it shows what key you press the key you want and it sets it to that one. Standard method for most games.

i agree.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: ArtGames on August 01, 2009, 04:21:39 PM
Quote from: Lingus on August 01, 2009, 03:50:34 PM

i agree.

I also agree.