News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Titan's sprites/ideas

Started by Titan, August 04, 2009, 01:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

V1

V2

V3

Samurai hat. Stats 4/4/0/0 +20 stam
Army Helmet Stats 0/6/0/0 +3 def
Cowboy hat Stats 1/2/0/4 +15 hp

Drop Rates
Just an interesting idea I had concerning drop rates. Say a hat drops from a blob with a 1/100 chance. Everytime you kill a blob the count goes down one. 1/99 , 1/98 etc. Up to a max of 25% off. 1/75 in this case. Making it easier to get hats with hard work.

Critism is accepted.
Livin' in a lonely world.

scsox

Lucifer

About your drop rates, this has been discussed thoroughly in Pwnage's topic. http://www.stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=128.0

I have nothing really to complain about your hats. I can't say they're very original ideas, but they're sprited very neatly. Well done!

Dragx_Rage

Nice sprites! Keep up the godd work. :D

Mr Pwnage

Not too bad. 3 things though.
1) Your shading is very linear. I used to do this a lot too. I have learned that in Stick Online, there is a lightsourse directly in front of whicher way the character is facing, if that helps you. Look at the skull mask to see what I mean, it's a good example. But yeah, the hats have unrealistic/senseless shading currently.
2) You might want to rework the shapes a little more, particularly on your ninja hat, and cowboy hat. On the ninja, you need to shrink the sprite down vertically, and cut it right where it's fartherest points are horizontally. Right now it looks kinda like a pancake. For the cowboy hat, shrink the err, Camel toe on the top of the hat, and try to rework your side rims.
3) Maybe rename the Ninja Hat, more appropriately a Samurai Hat?
4) This one is pretty important...though last: Remember when making hats for SO, they have to be distinctly facing one direction, I don't see that in any of those right now, they are looking right at me. I usually give some tilt to my hats to work around this, helmets are easy, but there's many ways you can.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Titan

Thanks for the feedback. V2 up. Shading fixed. Helmet brighter green and darker gray. Trimmed down the Samurai hat. Changed the rims on cowboy.

To Mr.Pwnage I think that the top hat and the shady hat both follow the stay style as mine.(by not facing one direction)

EpicPhailure

It may help if the rims of the cowboy hat were curved up a bit.

Titan

V3 of the current hats are up. Curved rims on cowboy hat and added a rope to samurai hat.

Lucifer

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 04, 2009, 09:15:09 AM
4) This one is pretty important...though last: Remember when making hats for SO, they have to be distinctly facing one direction, I don't see that in any of those right now, they are looking right at me. I usually give some tilt to my hats to work around this, helmets are easy, but there's many ways you can.
As Titan pointed out, no this is not necessary. Shady and Tophat function just fine without having a distinct left/right.

Pinball

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 04, 2009, 09:15:09 AM
Not too bad. 3 things though.
1) Your shading is very linear. I used to do this a lot too. I have learned that in Stick Online, there is a lightsourse directly in front of whicher way the character is facing, if that helps you. Look at the skull mask to see what I mean, it's a good example. But yeah, the hats have unrealistic/senseless shading currently.
The light source is from above (the sun?), the reason the skull mask is lite up a little in the top front is to show that part is curved.

As for the hats, the samurai hat doesn't even fit the stickman's head.  The army helmet is too simple shaped, add things like a chin strap and reshape the bottom, so half of it would be above the eyes and the other half would be below the ears.  The cowboy hat has the dent on top that makes it look as if the stickman is looking right at the player and should be tweaked.  For the shading most hats contain one main color, one single/double pixel bright shade around the top, and a single/double pixel dark shade around the bottom; shading can differ a little from hat to hat tho, so you should look at the hat closest to yours and use it's shading style.

~Pin

hartless!

Sorry but i agree with pin and pwnage, but with a little work these could be much better!