News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

ADDED:3 CCs, SS, Dagger ***NEW Inventory Icons***

Started by Mr Pwnage, August 05, 2009, 01:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pwnage

V4:Added LSS icon.V3 NOW INCLUDES SMALL FLAMES ON THE IS ICON (thanks Pinball), RIGHT BELOW THE V2 IS ICON!
Pretty much, the title says it all. Below I've tried working my hand at remaking the inventory icons for the GS, IS and Spire. The above ones are the current In-Game ones, and the bottom ones are my remakes, as I'm sure you guys can tell. To the right of each icon I have an ingame picture of the weapon being used, so you can see how accurate the icons I have made are. Without further adu...here they are:
Version 4
New LSS Icon added! I have 2 versions. If you guys like the new small flames on the IS, you can thank Pinball. He helped me a lot with making them. We tried not to make them too big and bulky because it's an icon, yet still gave it some nice flames. You can see it below the V2 IS icon.

Other Icons V1
Thanks to www.jesusland.co.cc for the Candy Cane picture! I made an icon for both blue and green CCs, so you won't have to scroll over to know which one is which now! Also, I redid the short sword, and I have 3 version of a redone dagger. The format is a little different this time, too...

Please comment and tell me what you think!
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

VERY nice. I like the new GS one, more dignified and fits the old preview of S.O.

The IS inventory icon...eh. I think it strives for more detail. Maybe add a small flame to it like the original?

And spire dagger looks too small in both the inventory and the attacking pose.

scsox

yottabyte

I like the old IS better. The GS... meh I think it should be as it is now. Oh and the spire dagger doesn't look spire-ish.

Sorry if I sound mean or anything. This is just IMO. Anyways, good spriting.  :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Epicphail on August 05, 2009, 01:34:20 PM
VERY nice. I like the new GS one, more dignified and fits the old preview of S.O.

The IS inventory icon...eh. I think it strives for more detail. Maybe add a small flame to it like the original?

Ummm, attacking pose? That is the actual spire dagger size in game, and that icon I made is slightly bigger than a regular dagger, so I was a bit generous >.<
And yeah, I might go back and find a way to add a flame to the IS...I kinda ran out of room for a decent flame and was a little hesitant on shrinking it more...cause I want it to be GS size or slightly bigger so that it accurate...I'm sure I'll find a way.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

11clock

I love what you did to the GS! I don't know about the IS and Spire Dagger, though...

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 05, 2009, 01:37:46 PM

Ummm, attacking pose? That is the actual spire dagger size in game, and that icon I made is slightly bigger than a regular dagger, so I was a bit generous >.<
And yeah, I might go back and find a way to add a flame to the IS...I kinda ran out of room for a decent flame and was a little hesitant on shrinking it more...cause I want it to be GS size or slightly bigger so that it accurate...I'm sure I'll find a way.

Maybe it's because of the swing tail that makes the Spire look different to me in the attacking animation. I think the Spire needs a new shape though.

11clock

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Epicphail on August 05, 2009, 01:41:19 PM
Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 05, 2009, 01:37:46 PM

Maybe it's because of the swing tail that makes the Spire look different to me in the attacking animation. I think the Spire needs a new shape though.
What your seeing is like, the same thing as a blur of a GS...except the spirte is 2 fast frames. That tail thing your seeing is supposed to be it spiraling out. The dagger itself has the shape I gave it. Look at the picture of the spire ingame I have up there, it is the first frame before the stick uses it, spiraling it out.

Mystery

I personally really like these new icons, because they look more like the weapons do when you attack. The only thing is that the Spire looks a tad small to me, but that's actually bigger than the attacking animation...meh. Kudos to you, Mr Pwnage.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Titan

I really like the all. I think it would look better if inferno was shrunk a tiny bit and had flames added.
Livin' in a lonely world.

ArtGames

I like the gs and the is. But i don't like the spire one. but im one of the few who likes the current spire icon.

Lucifer

I like the GS, although it seems the handle is a darker shade of gold than the attacking animation.
The IS is too fat, honestly it should be roughly the same size as the GS. Flames aren't completely necessary.
I like the spire dagger, although for some reason you changed the sprite for it in the inventory and on the ground. Why is the base of the dagger thinner for the ground sprite, and fatter for the inventory sprite?

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Lucifer on August 05, 2009, 02:49:23 PM
I like the GS, although it seems the handle is a darker shade of gold than the attacking animation.
The IS is too fat, honestly it should be roughly the same size as the GS. Flames aren't completely necessary.
I like the spire dagger, although for some reason you changed the sprite for it in the inventory and on the ground. Why is the base of the dagger thinner for the ground sprite, and fatter for the inventory sprite?
Funny you say that about the GS handle, because I used a tool in paint to rip the exact shade from the GS in the in-game pic, its exactly the same.
Yeah, the IS has a slightly fatter shape than the GS, maybe I exagerated it...
And for the spire, thats because there a very feint shade of white outlining it, the same shade as ingame, so the on in the white background you cant see the glowy edge...this wouldnt happen in game though, because the sky is blue.

Torch

The GS handle should be more contrasting to the blade. I like the IS icon. Spire, not so much.