News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Level 100 reward.

Started by Turkey, August 17, 2009, 05:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is this a good idea?

I like it
12 (52.2%)
Dont like it
9 (39.1%)
I'm iffy
2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Turkey

Since the journey to level 100 is so frustrating and time consuming, plus it's the end of the road other than getting new items. I think it should be more heavily rewarded. Since level 100 came out i have been playing a decent amount, yet i am only 1/4 of the way through. So i think a good reward for reaching level 100 would be a new account... (I guess there not much more to say. o.o)

Now, i dont know if this is to much for Meiun's standards, but for me it would be a good reason to play more and work harder.

Now go vote and explain why you have chosen what you did.

Forum

You already get 5 stat points for reaching lvl 100 and a free account over $10 i really don't think so. I think we should get to keep getting exp on the exp bar but not let us lvl or let us still lvl because we'd still be killing monsters.
Officially quitted

Torch

Obviously, it would take a lot of work, but I think the best reward would be access to a lvl 100 exclusive area. Another idea would be to give a stat reset option.

Lingus

Honestly, giving something that removes the possibility of getting a donation doesn't make sense. The donations will go towards the SO3 server. I'd rather have a good server for longer than allow people who spend too much time playing the game the ability to get something without donating.

Stat resets would be nice, but as I mentioned in another topic I think Meiun should make stat resets available for a donation... but seeing as how that probably won't happen, I doubt it will be done as a reward for lvl 100 either.

Obviously a lvl 100 exclusive area would be cool for SO3. Though, it would be better if it were done as a high level area instead. Like you would need to be 80/90+. But, to stay in fashion with the rest of SO, there wouldn't be a level req, it would just be extremely difficult to get through or survive once you get there if you aren't at a certain level.

EpicPhailure

Or maybe perhaps we could have a rebirth system, although it'll probably get out of hand.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on August 17, 2009, 05:54:12 PM
Obviously a lvl 100 exclusive area would be cool for SO3. Though, it would be better if it were done as a high level area instead. Like you would need to be 80/90+. But, to stay in fashion with the rest of SO, there wouldn't be a level req, it would just be extremely difficult to get through or survive once you get there if you aren't at a certain level.

I like that. It could be a game in which you try to get a lower level player there for fun.

Lingus

See, therein lies the beauty of no level caps. It is up to the players skill/resiliency to take advantage of the things offered to them. If they don't have the stats/items that would allow them to survive, then they might have the ability to gather more powerful allies to allow them to take some advantage of the system. If they don't have allies, they would have to rely on their own abilities. But nothing in the system itself should stop them from using anything at their disposal to do so.

With that said, it would be nice to have something for when grinding the same old same old gets boring. Those at the upper end of the level scale might want to go off and fight much much stronger monsters. In fact, having an area that would require a highly organized group of upper levelers just to survive might be interesting. It wouldn't be enough just to be level 90 or 100, you would have to be that level AND bring along 5-10 of your 90+ friends AND you would all have to coordinate with eachother well enough that something doesn't catch you off gaurd and kill your entire group. That would up the stakes a bit.

Torch

I would prefer for Lingus' idea to be added in a patch since, upon release, everyone will be lvl 1 and won't be able to make use of it.

Dragx_Rage

I like Lingus idea. +Karma.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Torch on August 17, 2009, 07:33:20 PM
I would prefer for Lingus' idea to be added in a patch since, upon release, everyone will be lvl 1 and won't be able to make use of it.

Do you mean in S.O. V3?

Torch

Quote from: Epicphail on August 17, 2009, 08:23:15 PM

Do you mean in S.O. V3?
Obviously. I really doubt Meiun would put that much time into SO2.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Torch on August 17, 2009, 08:48:01 PM
Quote from: Epicphail on August 17, 2009, 08:23:15 PM

Ah, was kind of confused by the patch part. I took that to mean something like one of those bug repair version updates.
Do you mean in S.O. V3?
Obviously. I really doubt Meiun would put that much time into SO2.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Lingus on August 17, 2009, 07:12:13 PM
See, therein lies the beauty of no level caps. It is up to the players skill/resiliency to take advantage of the things offered to them. If they don't have the stats/items that would allow them to survive, then they might have the ability to gather more powerful allies to allow them to take some advantage of the system. If they don't have allies, they would have to rely on their own abilities. But nothing in the system itself should stop them from using anything at their disposal to do so.

With that said, it would be nice to have something for when grinding the same old same old gets boring. Those at the upper end of the level scale might want to go off and fight much much stronger monsters. In fact, having an area that would require a highly organized group of upper levelers just to survive might be interesting. It wouldn't be enough just to be level 90 or 100, you would have to be that level AND bring along 5-10 of your 90+ friends AND you would all have to coordinate with eachother well enough that something doesn't catch you off gaurd and kill your entire group. That would up the stakes a bit.
Perhaps like a party quest?

Lingus

Actually, I was thinking back to Everquest where they had areas of the game that held the gods of the game. I don't know if there was a level cap to it and I never got to that point. But you had to have a massive group of max level players, the right combination of player classes (tanks, healers, high damage mages, etc) and everyone had to play their part just right or else everyone would die. It was just that crazy.

Not sure if WoW has anything similar. I guess the high level instances?

So yea, not a quest really, just an area with tons of high level monsters and maybe one or two extremely difficult bosses.

God-I-Suck

Uhm, I wouldn't mind a new account at level 100. Because I'm dying to make this other account xd
Not a lot of people get to level 100 so easily and it could be a good reward I guess, and if they don't wanna wait that long they could just donate another $10. But maybe a 1 account reward limit maybe? Idk

As for the higher level areas, I think that would be pretty cool. Since the monsters would be tougher and the higher levels could get exp faster, so the lower levels could get some time of their own to level up.