News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

NotorM4's Hat Sprite.

Started by NotoriousM4^, August 18, 2009, 10:31:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotoriousM4^

I'm pretty sure I've shown a few people this sprite already, and I always end up getting mixed feelings about it. So I've decided to finally post it up on the forums.

As for the stats I would imagine they would be somewhere around the means of: +3 Str, +3 Agi, +2 Vit, +4 Def, +35 HP +20 Stam.

I am not quite sure what it should drop from, I was considering Sand Fiends. This would bring back a little more life in the desert, (no pun intended) and inadvertently promote SG hunting.

I still haven't created a name for it, so suggestions are welcomed. Try not to get to carried away with suggestion for names though, seeing as I would really like some feedback as how I could better the design.

I am considering a change in color scheme.

Criticism welcomed, needed, and much appreciated.  ;)

Dragx_Rage

I like it. I think it looks good and it has good, fair stats. Maybe it could be a rare drop from skeles, as not many people are at the temple these days. As for a name, I'm not sure maybe Cyber Hat, I'll have a think.

Pinball

The shape of it I like, but the coloring needs work.  The main color should be a dark gray but not so dark you can't make out the outline around the hat, and for the shading on it I couldn't even make it out unless I zoomed into it so uses some lighter grays.  As for the green color it's fine, but I probably would use the 1st three brighter color of it to help avoid making the hat look overdone.  For the shading you should have it lite from above and get darker downwards, if you do it correctly the hat can get more details to it such as making it look round instead of looking flat.

~Pin

Lingus

It's sorta meh. And the stats seem way overpowered.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Lingus on August 18, 2009, 03:08:34 PM
And the stats seem way overpowered.

I don't know, it's pretty close to the DH.

Lingus

No... No it's not.

This hat:
+3 Str, +3 Agi, +2 Vit, +4 Def, +35 HP +20 Stam

DH:
+3 Str, +2 Agi, +2 Vit, +5 Def

Torch

I don't like it. Poor color choice and I can't tell what the hat is supposed to be. The shape of it doesn't make sense. Also, what's the point of suggesting stats? I'm pretty sure Meiun could come up with stats for hats on his own.

yottabyte

I don't think it will fit in SO.  :(

The sprite is good. But yeah... yeah.

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Mystery

Yeah, it doesn't look like it'd fit into Stick Online. The stats are pretty overpowered, as Lingus mentioned. The sprite is pretty....meh. The design is odd(to me, at least) and the colors don't really match it. With some work, it could be better.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Mr Pwnage

Well, it looks kind of ridiculous...if anything that should lower agility, not give bonus to it >.> The coloring/shading of the sprite looks really sketchy too...

Also I've chosen not to sprite for SO anymore...Meiun isn't even responding to PMs about sprites anymore, it seems. 3 weeks ago I sent him a PM about the inventory icons I made, and no reply. I've only sent him one sprite other than that before (the scorpion helm), and he didn't care for that. It's probably that schools starting and he is too busy, or in my personal opinion...he has all the spriters he needs and is choosing to ignore all player submissions. Fine by me, whatever he chooses...but I just want to throw out there that all sprites made for SO2, and likely for SO3 aswell, will be lost causes. Don't get me wrong, I sprite all for fun...but if I feel I've put a lot of effort into something and it doesn't even get considered/acknowledged, I have no more desire to keep making things, for this game at least. Just throwing this out there for those of you who do make sprites...not trying to bash Meiun at all if it came across like that.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Torch

Pwnage, you have to realize that it's impossible to sprite for SO3 when we don't even know what the stick figure will look like.

crozier

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 18, 2009, 09:08:33 PM
Well, it looks kind of ridiculous...if anything that should lower agility, not give bonus to it >.> The coloring/shading of the sprite looks really sketchy too...

Also I've chosen not to sprite for SO anymore...Meiun isn't even responding to PMs about sprites anymore, it seems. 3 weeks ago I sent him a PM about the inventory icons I made, and no reply. I've only sent him one sprite other than that before (the scorpion helm), and he didn't care for that. It's probably that schools starting and he is too busy, or in my personal opinion...he has all the spriters he needs and is choosing to ignore all player submissions. Fine by me, whatever he chooses...but I just want to throw out there that all sprites made for SO2, and likely for SO3 aswell, will be lost causes. Don't get me wrong, I sprite all for fun...but if I feel I've put a lot of effort into something and it doesn't even get considered/acknowledged, I have no more desire to keep making things, for this game at least. Just throwing this out there for those of you who do make sprites...not trying to bash Meiun at all if it came across like that.
yeah but torch he made most of them for v2.

Has meiun responded to any graphics topic?

krele

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 18, 2009, 09:08:33 PM

Is it so hard to face the fact you won't be added to the team by your sprites? The onliest person that has any chance would be ceroblitz. I mean, dude, compare yours to his...

Lucifer

Krele, that was unnecessary. -karma for joo. There is no need to turn this topic into an argument because you can't keep your arrogant dick in your pants. Mr Pwnage spent a lot of time on his ideas and sprites, because he figured that with the server down Meiun would be more open to them. He was just telling Notorious, and everyone else, that there is a very low chance that any sprites will ever be put in unless you're so good Meiun invites you to the team, because as he has said numerous times he doesn't usually accept player made sprites.

Back on topic, I can't say I can imagine myself wearing it. It looks like a combination of a halo mask and a snorkel, XD. Honestly, at the moment, I can't see any new items dropping from any current monsters.  What I'd like to see made, would be some new areas and new monsters instead of new hats over and over again.

Dragx_Rage

I agree with Lucifer, Krele that's a bit harsh. I like Mr_Pwnage's sprites.