News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Heal while offline

Started by God-I-Suck, August 21, 2009, 12:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God-I-Suck

This is a little idea I thought about. My idea is when you log off but you didn't heal your stam etc, you will heal as if you would be sitting down. The regeneration time would go by the equipment you had on when you logged off. I like this idea because sometimes I have to log off in the middle of battle or something, so I would have to regenerate it all back when I log on. What if there is a Dark Sage, or a Sand Golem? Tell me what you guys think, I believe this would be a great add to Stick Online 3.

Looperpuck

Hmm yeah, that is kinda annoying where you get back on and you gotta sit for like 5 minutes to regain everything back. Good idea.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

EpicPhailure

I don't see anything that could be abused in this idea. I like it.

Pat

I think you used to login, can't remember but I am pretty sure and have full energy and health, but I think it was removed because it was abused, much before the desert update. Back then you also spawned with full energy when you died, maybe health as well, not sure.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: Pat on August 21, 2009, 02:37:22 AM
I think you used to login, can't remember but I am pretty sure and have full energy and health, but I think it was removed because it was abused, much before the desert update. Back then you also spawned with full energy when you died, maybe health as well, not sure.
Yeah I remember that...it was energy. Whenever you died you spawned with full energy, but health was the same as it is now. And he isn't suggesting we automatically get full on log in, but while we are logged out it simulates sitting, so that you regenerate when you log out...which should eliminate the abuse factor...Correct me if I am wrong, GIS.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

Pat

It could be done, but while you're offline think of it as you being dead.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

CherryPie

I do not even see a problem with regaining full health and stam after relogging, regarding that it takes longer to kill application and relogin than to sit down and regain full health and stam, so it cannot be abused.

edit: owait, have to correct myself... you actually can abuse it. Just open SO 2 times. logout in one and just reenter name and password in the 2nd application -> BAM full hp/stam in less than 10 seconds.

Hambone

This could work. While it's saving your stats, the game would save the time you left, then subtract it from the time you logged back on to find out how much health you gained.

ARTgames

anything that will make the time in which i can start fighting stuff in game faster im fine with. I would like to log in and be able to just to start playing then.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: CherryPie on August 21, 2009, 03:54:56 AM
edit: owait, have to correct myself... you actually can abuse it. Just open SO 2 times. logout in one and just reenter name and password in the 2nd application -> BAM full hp/stam in less than 10 seconds.
Just kind of on another note here...this brings up another issue. Many of the annoying players on stick have learned they can do this...so after being kicked they are right back on in a split second...
There is a simple solution for it though, and I think it would be worth Meiun's time to do it on V3 at least...

Not being able to open multiple game windows. It can solve/prevent a lot of problems. Such as multiple logging in, people getting kicked and entering right back in, and the matter this current topic is addressing.

In addition, I've always thought there should be a 3 minute timeout before you can re-enter the game after being kicked...just throwing that out there.

God-I-Suck

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 21, 2009, 02:42:41 AM
Quote from: Pat on August 21, 2009, 02:37:22 AM
Yeah I remember that...it was energy. Whenever you died you spawned with full energy, but health was the same as it is now. And he isn't suggesting we automatically get full on log in, but while we are logged out it simulates sitting, so that you regenerate when you log out...which should eliminate the abuse factor...Correct me if I am wrong, GIS.

You're correctomundo Pwnage. Please stay on topic guys.

ARTgames

@Mr Pwnage, CherryPie

When you get kicked meiun could just right down the time and date in your save file when you can come back.

same for the healing. just save the time/date when you logged out and when you log back in see how much time has past and how much time it takes you to heal and give your respected amount of HP and MP.

The only down side is if the server has a power out and could not get last time. in that case you just refer to the last save spot.

Lingus

Regardless of whether this can be abused or not I don't think it should be added. It's not that big of a deal to regen when you log in. If you're that worried about it, take the time to sit down until you're full before logging off. It's not that hard. And even if you can't, you can just do it when you log back in. I say stop complaining...

God-I-Suck

I'm not complaining.. I'm just saying how it could be somewhat useful for the people on S.O. . And yeah, sure it isn't REQUIRED to be added.. so?  Sometimes games have things added that could help them in a way. I'd rather have a good feature than have not have that feature at all. And I'm pretty sure Meiun could easily code something like that, not hard or anything. Not trying to start things up.*