News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

ideas

Started by swordmaster, August 21, 2009, 07:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordmaster

I have a couple of ideas for S.O.3 here are they:
Weapons:
Linghtening Sword
Bow and Arrow
An Element Dagger
Brode Sword
Morning Star
Shields
Hats:
Jason Mask
Wrestler Mask
IGN:iCup

ARTgames

Quote from: swordmaster on August 21, 2009, 07:00:27 PM
I have a couple of ideas for S.O.3 here are they:
Weapons:
Linghtening Sword
meh
Bow and Arrow
i would like rang weapons if implemented right.
An Element Dagger
what kind of Element?
Brode Sword
too generic IMO
Morning Star
meh
Shields
would this be like you equip it and while you have a weapon. you press d or something before something hits you and you loose less hp? or does it just give you more defense?
Hats:
Jason Mask
Wrestler Mask
i like masks but im not sure if meiun does.

i placed my comments inside the box above.

swordmaster

yah if you hit d the damege u take is half

EpicPhailure

Bow and arrow I think were put down. Or at least, it wasn't presented well enough.

ARTgames

this are idea for so2 or so3 swordmaster?

swordmaster

Lingus

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 21, 2009, 07:12:33 PM
Bow and arrow I think were put down. Or at least, it wasn't presented well enough.
That's not how I remember it. I think there was a pretty lively debate about ranged weapons on one of the old forums. I don't remember the final result, but there were people on both sides. Ranged weapons are definitely something that would add to the combat of the game. It wouldn't be bad.

Quote from: swordmaster on August 21, 2009, 07:11:35 PM
I've always liked the idea of a shield action that you have to press a button to perform. Of course, halfing the damage wouldn't make sense. It would have to depend on your stats and the stats of the shield you are using.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on August 21, 2009, 07:26:19 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 21, 2009, 07:12:33 PM
That's not how I remember it. I think there was a pretty lively debate about ranged weapons on one of the old forums. I don't remember the final result, but there were people on both sides. Ranged weapons are definitely something that would add to the combat of the game. It wouldn't be bad.

Quote from: swordmaster on August 21, 2009, 07:11:35 PM
I've always liked the idea of a shield action that you have to press a button to perform. Of course, halfing the damage wouldn't make sense. It would have to depend on your stats and the stats of the shield you are using.

i agree with this. i also think ranged weapons are good for the people who are strong and have a lot of health but are slow.

Lingus

typically ranged archetypes are fast, strong, and low on health/armor. The idea is they are able to deal a good amount of damage, but they have to keep away from the crowd. They need to be fast because they need to keep the range between them and their target. If their target can get close to them, their ranged is pointless. So focusing on speed and str is the key.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on August 21, 2009, 07:45:58 PM
typically ranged archetypes are fast, strong, and low on health/armor. The idea is they are able to deal a good amount of damage, but they have to keep away from the crowd. They need to be fast because they need to keep the range between them and their target. If their target can get close to them, their ranged is pointless. So focusing on speed and str is the key.

i agree. But dont they like have good damage over time but like one arrow does not do much? but there fast so they shoot alot? im not sure.

Lingus

Depends. Normally ranged players are not necessarily high DPS (damage per second). They ussually rely on a long duration, high damage attack. It's like it takes a long time to draw the arrow in the bow and release and all that, but the piercing damage of the arrow is very effective.

But it doesn't have to be that way...

ARTgames

oh ok i see. ether way i will be happy with it in so.

Mr Pwnage

Ranged weapons would certainly make agility a more desired stat for pvp...and I think all rpg like games should have at least some for of ranged weapons...so I would be in favor of them.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Mystery

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on August 22, 2009, 02:58:41 AM
Ranged weapons would certainly make agility a more desired stat for pvp...and I think all rpg like games should have at least some for of ranged weapons...so I would be in favor of them.
Same here. I've always liked the idea of them. The rest of the item ideas here are kinda.....meh.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Torch

Ranged weapons could potentially balance agi with the tank stats. As for your other ideas, nothing there is very original.