News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

New forums, new people, same old ideas.

Started by T-Rok, June 26, 2009, 12:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T-Rok

First off, not really a suggestion directed towards SO2 seeing as this would be just a wee little big for a donor only game. But it is easily possible.

I don't know what it is about achievements in a game that fascinates people. Maybe that feeling of accomplishment or possibly the rivalry to get it before someone else. But achievements have always made games more of a joy to play. As well as give reason to go for hours on end. So not only could peopel go after weapons, but they could also go after achievements. This would be one of the easier additions code wise seeing as the hardest part would be to save the achievement status and I'm pretty sure Meiun has saving down pat by now. :P In this post I will keep a list of achievement ideas. From me and from anyone who decides to post here with an idea. Presuming those suggestions are not out of whack that is. So enjoy, and add/comment were you see fit. Try to come up with a witty name to go along with the achievement as well. You can also suggest new names for achievements already on the list. Now I know the problem with PvP achievements is the fact that people can just work together to obtain them. But this is all just a suggestions thread. So don't flame saying "WTF they can just stand there killing each other" if someone suggest a PvP achievement.

You would display the gaining of these achievements by a simple 32x32 or whatever size icon you want appearing in the top right corner for say 5-10 seconds
To look at achievements after having gained them, you would need another menu or something.

These gained achievements could also give a "title" that would display under your name allowing for you to show off what you have obtained.

Please note that there can be any number of the idea of the same thing or close to the same thing. But that is because some people may have different names for it. All duplicates will be put for name comparison so that people can choose the funniest one. I will not put achievements that make no sense at all in the list.

Also if you could, please try and use proper spelling and capitals. I hate Having to go through and fix everything >.>

Achievement Idea List

Gold Based

Weighed Down Obtain x amount gold
I'm Rich B) Collect 100 000 gold coins
I'm Richer! Collect 1 000 000 gold coins
Pay Day Obtain x amount gold in a day

Level Based

NOT A NEWB! Obtain level 10
I'm Pro? Obtain level 99
Nowhere Else To Go  Obtain level 100

Stat Based

Speedy Speed Boy! Obtain 30 agility
Oxiclean Obtain 30 strength before level 50

PvP Based

Shanked Die in PvP x amount of times
WW3 Enter an area with x amount of people with PvP on
The Ultimate Warrior Defeat Meiun while he is wearing his full gear in a PvP battle

Death Based

Be Kind, Please Rewind/Back To Square One Spawn at the far left spawn point after dying at the far right of the map
Underworld Excavator Fall in every hole in the game

Item Based

Hats R' Us Obtain every public hat
Locked And Loaded Obtain every public weapon
Pack Rat Obtain every public item
Snake Eyes Get a double drop
I Hate Gravity Lose an item to a hole (not gold)

Season Based

Christmas Be online for Christmas
Halloween Be online for Halloween
Easter Be online for Easter
Visiting Uncle Bob Participate in every holiday of the year

Time Based

Get Your Head Out Of The Clouds Stay in the air for x amount of seconds
Welcome To the Stick Dimension Log in for the first time
Rookie Be Gone Log in on 365 different days
Early Bird Be the first one to log on that day without that achievement

Other Based

I've Been Everywhere/Around The World Get to and save at all the flags
Stickinator/King Of Stick-kind! Win an official tournament
Meet Sandman/OMGITSHUGE Have help kill a SG
Faithful Blow/You Must Be Cheating Land the killing hit on a GM
Meaning Of Life The Universe And Everything GM given only
Apocalyptic Swarm Participate in a spawning event
Making It Out Alive Participate in a spawning event and never die
Bunny Bashing Find x amount eggs
Santa's Bad Aim Break open x amount presents
Mount Olympus Be online with all the mods
Mega Mosh Be online with x amount of people
Its My World! Be the only person online
Cheating Death Have your Health Points reduced to 1

Color Chart
Name
Requirement
Amount

Yes, I like my colors. :P

mikkelet

Im a pro?obtain level 99 (or 100)
Im rich B) Collect 100.000 gold coins
Im richer! Collect 1.000.000 gold coins

And to make this REAL interesting: add points to the achies, so people can count some sort of score =)

ARTgames

no ware else to go get to Lv: 100.
iv been every ware get to and save at all the flags.
stickinator win a official tournament.
Hats R' us have gotten every public hat.
Locked and loaded   have gotten every public weapon.
pack rat have gotten every public item.
Meet sandman have help killed a SG.
I hate gravity loose a item to a hole. (not gold)
faithful blow Land the killing hit on a GM.
snake eyes get a double drop.
meaning of life the universe and everything GM/ Administer given only.

i don't know how long they must stay in the air but i think this one might still be good to have.
get your head out of the clouds Stay in the air for (?)sec's.

Danimal

Those are pretty cool  ;) How would you suggest a way to display these acheivements, assuming people would want to show them off?

T-Rok

You would display the gaining of these achievements by a simple 32x32 or whatever size icon you want appearing in the top right corner for say 5-10 seconds
To look at achievements after having gained them, you would need another menu or something.

crozier

ARTgames

your a lot better at that colour stuff and spelling so ill leave that up to you. :D

welcome to the stick dimension: given at first log in.
visiting uncle bob: have participate in every holiday in the year.
rookie be gone: have loged on 365 different days.
apocalyptic swarm: participate in a spawning event.
making it out alive: participate in a spawning event and never die.
bunny bashing: find (?) eggs.
Santa's bad aim: break open (?) pretty boxes.

Twinky

Quote from: T-Rok on June 26, 2009, 03:21:35 PM
On another forum I frequent, they have some special achievements that people go after, and they display these achievements by putting these little "banners" in their signature, which are a little bigger than userbars.

I'd also suggest making the majority of the achievements extremely hard, so you can give those people who find the game boring after level 99 (or 100) something impossible to do.

EpicPhailure

I want to rename :

I've Been Everywhere -> Around the World
Be Kind, Please Rewind -> Back to Square One
Meet Sandman -> OMGITSHUGE
Stickinator -> King of Stick-kind!
Faithful Blow -> You must be cheating

T-Rok

You don't rename, you just get to put your name suggestion along with the other name suggestion. :P

And Twinky, this is about ingame, not forums. Although they could do a banner like with the donor thing. But that would be a little more work and probably server costly.

ARTgames

Learn to dodge: get hit by every weapon.
kill finder: kill one of every monster.
pay day: get (?) amount of gold in a day.
Mega mosh: Be online with (?) amount of people.
major max: be the highest or part of the highest level online.
Christmas: be there on that day.
Halloween: be there on that day.
Easter: be there on that day.
underworld excavator: fall in every hole in the game.
WW3: be in a area with (?) people with pvp on.
Gods of stick online: be online with a gm.
Mount Olympus: be online with all the mods.
Bumed before hop: Hit some one without adequate AGI over a hole.

Twinky

Quote from: T-Rok on June 27, 2009, 01:02:57 PM
You don't rename, you just get to put your name suggestion along with the other name suggestion. :P

And Twinky, this is about ingame, not forums. Although they could do a banner like with the donor thing. But that would be a little more work and probably server costly.
Well you could show off in the forums better than you could in-game.

Danimal

To make acheivements worthwhile to the player, all oppertunities to display them are good, forums wouldn't be a bad idea for banners and such I reckon.

crozier

Lifeless: be online for x hours in a row
Must SAVE!: play x hours without saving
Lucifer's ticket:die x ammount of times
Its my world!: Be the only person online.
Oooops...:Get kicked once
Get out and stay out:Get kicked more than once
Spawn please?: Be online with meiun.
Loser: Get killed by a blob.  
;D

Danimal

I don't think getting kicked should be a acheivement, it would make people want to be disruptive which is never good....