News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Two Ideas

Started by Bo-sox, August 25, 2009, 11:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bo-sox

1. My first idea is that there should be sometimes of warning system that tells you when your about to lose your hits in a monster because it is getting to far away. Especially in SGs.

2. my second idea is that when the final hit is put into a monster and the gold is being dropped, along with the gold, the monster should explode in some way. For instance if a Sand Fiend is killed a shower of sand rains down. If a blob is killed a few blue drops rain down. Skellies: a few bones, etc.

Comments?

Mr Pwnage

1) I have already seen better suggestions to this problem previous...and that would be really annoying...*YOU ARE ABOUT TO LOSE ALL YOUR HITS ON THE CACTUS! WARNING! GET YOUR ASS BACK THERE AND KILL THE CACTUS! IT IS GETTING AWAY! GET BACK AND KILL THE CACTUS! YOU HAVE FAILED TO KILL THE CACTUS. FACEPALM.*

2) That would require spriters to actually make dying animations..it would be a graphical improvement I hope to see in V3, but it definitely won't happen in V2 as your suggesting.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Actually, I haven't seen anything about a warning that you are going to lose your hits. I have seen a suggestion for an indicator of how close you are to threshold. Anyways, how would this be implemented? I would want to see some kind of icon pop up on the left or right side of the screen (depending on which way the monster went that you have hits on) and as it moves farther away the icon gets more red or something like that as a warning. When it reaches the limit it can change to a circle with a slash in it or something and slowly fade away until it's gone. That way you know at that point you lost your hits. Something like that would probably be the best option. Though it would be sort of confusing, especially if there is more than one monster you have hits on that are outside of your screen area.

Not sure if the second idea is all that great. I'd rather an actual death animation versus just exploding. But w/e.

flashmaniac

Quote from: Lingus on August 25, 2009, 11:14:42 PM
Actually, I haven't seen anything about a warning that you are going to lose your hits. I have seen a suggestion for an indicator of how close you are to threshold. Anyways, how would this be implemented? I would want to see some kind of icon pop up on the left or right side of the screen (depending on which way the monster went that you have hits on) and as it moves farther away the icon gets more red or something like that as a warning. When it reaches the limit it can change to a circle with a slash in it or something and slowly fade away until it's gone. That way you know at that point you lost your hits. Something like that would probably be the best option. Though it would be sort of confusing, especially if there is more than one monster you have hits on that are outside of your screen area.

Not sure if the second idea is all that great. I'd rather an actual death animation versus just exploding. But w/e.

I second that idea.

God-I-Suck

I'm not feeling either of them :/
Sorry, no offense.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on August 25, 2009, 11:14:42 PM

yeah

For the first idea i would like a mini map. the mini map window is the boundary of how fare you can go and get something. on the mini map it would show you, other players, and monster. And you can have something like a square or rectangle representing there hit boxes to scail to the window of the hit box.

Dragx_Rage

I like the first idea, maybe it should only apply to bosses not normal monsters. I don't think there is much need for the second idea.