News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

temporary start boost

Started by ARTgames, August 28, 2009, 08:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

I think when girding monsters there should be a chance for it to drop some kind of item for stat boost. The stronger the monster is and the kind of the monster depends on what stats it boosts. And they last for like a 1-5 minutes. If you go into pvp it turns off. If you get 2 it reset the other one and does not add onto it. They can be turned off by a simple keypess. and they have no level limit and it start up as soon as you touch it.

EX:
blob
+5 HP
+2 Int
For 1 min

The meaning of this idea is to make grinding monster more fun. Im directing this to eater stick online but most likely so3. (but im not sure how so3 will be.)

Dragx_Rage

It is not a bad idea, I don't know what else to say.

EpicPhailure

Oh, you mean like in some MMORPGs, you can get two drops that are say, Leather Helm, but one has 4 defense and +1 Strength while the other has 2 Defense and +1 Fire Resistance?

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 28, 2009, 11:00:21 AM
Oh, you mean like in some MMORPGs, you can get two drops that are say, Leather Helm, but one has 4 defense and +1 Strength while the other has 2 Defense and +1 Fire Resistance?

I don't think he means an actually item, you just have an extra 2 Strength and 1 agility or something.

igufed

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 28, 2009, 12:26:34 PM

I don't think he means an actually item, you just have an extra 2 Strength and 1 agility or something.

I took it as it is an item, albeit, a temporary item..  It takes effect the instant you pick it up, but wears off after the 1-5minute time frame..
Gettra - In development  ExcessPoker - Released v1.0

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: igufed on August 28, 2009, 12:30:56 PM
Quote from: Dragx_Rage on August 28, 2009, 12:26:34 PM

I took it as it is an item, albeit, a temporary item..  It takes effect the instant you pick it up, but wears off after the 1-5minute time frame..

I think it should appear on the floor and when you pick it up it may say something like: "Obtained a temporary stat boost of: +N Str and +N agi for X minutes." Maybe there should be a timer of how long the stat boost has left in the top right corner of the screen. I don't think it should an item that appears in you inventory (because your inventory might be maxed out), I also think that it shouldn't be an item which you have to equip becuase then you wouldn't be able to equip a hat at the same time.

EpicPhailure

In that case, I don't like it.

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: EpicPhailure on August 28, 2009, 01:26:25 PM
In that case, I don't like it.

Ok, what do you think it should be like?

EpicPhailure

Well, no. I misread it and thought it out to be my previous comment. But I didn't like what Art probably intended to say.

Lingus

It's basically a buff as a drop. I think in SO3 there should be actual buff skills/spells... but this might be a nice addition.

It might be more interesting if they were even shorter length, but they dropped pretty frequently, and the effects were stackable. It would be similar to the effect you get in a top down shooter where the enemies drop bonuses when you kill them. As you collect more and more the effects become inreasingly more drastic. Eventually, if you can collect them fast enough, you're spraying massive amounts of huge lazer beams across the entire screen or moving at drastically increased speeds, or have crazy shields all over the place... Of course, it wouldn't be exactly the same for SO, but something like that, just not as drastic. It would really add to fighting monsters. If you could kill them fast enough you would be able to boost up your stats that you would be throwing fireballs or some crazy shit.

ARTgames

I was trying to make killing monster that you dont need the items from more fun other than exp. Like when you RPS or SG hunting. If any one has idea like these there welcome.

Also for the people who like the idea. If this item drops should you halft to press a button to pick it up? so if you have one you like and you don't what to over ride it.

Lingus

That's a good question. I'm inclined to think no. Like in my example above, in a lot of top down shooters, or as another example Contra, they have different types of weapons drop and whichever one you pick up you use. But they're dropping so often it doesn't matter. Maybe if these are frequent drops they should just dissappear from the floor after a few seconds.

Lucifer

Quote from: Lingus on August 28, 2009, 06:09:46 PM
That's a good question. I'm inclined to think no. Like in my example above, in a lot of top down shooters, or as another example Contra, they have different types of weapons drop and whichever one you pick up you use. But they're dropping so often it doesn't matter. Maybe if these are frequent drops they should just dissappear from the floor after a few seconds.

Y'know, that gives me the idea for a sort of "Weapon Renting" shop. You could select a weapon from a shop and buy it with gold for a day or something, seems like a fun way to test out weapons and use up money. Anyways, back on topic <.<.

I can't say I like it. It's an origonal idea, haven't heard it suggested here before, but I just can't see it fitting in with SO's style..

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on August 28, 2009, 06:49:06 PM
Y'know, that gives me the idea for a sort of "Weapon Renting" shop. You could select a weapon from a shop and buy it with gold for a day or something, seems like a fun way to test out weapons and use up money. Anyways, back on topic <.<.
Dude, I would so lease an IS...

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on August 28, 2009, 06:50:33 PM
Quote from: Lucifer on August 28, 2009, 06:49:06 PM
Dude, I would so lease an IS...
or meiuns guns. <_<