News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Locking In Items

Started by Ceroblitz, August 29, 2009, 05:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceroblitz

I was thinking, that you could lock in items, as in right-clicking or holding l and clicking items lock them.

Locking Items in will prevent accidental deletions, so you can lock in your most valuable items so there's no chance that you will delete them, unless you unlock them. Basically, It prevents accidental deletions, which make many players upset, and you won't have a cahnce of losing your valuable items. It would look something like this:

Unlocked.............Locked.......
Basically, the lock symbol means you cannot delete them, until you unlock them.

Any new collected items are already unlocked, so if they are worthless, you can just delete them.

Lucifer

Not completely necessary, I mean I've never accidentally deleted an item or ever been worried that I would. Also a simple warning before you delete items would be easier to implement, as discussed in another topic. But I wouldn't complain if it was added, not a horrible idea.

Mystery

Quote from: Lucifer on August 29, 2009, 05:09:40 PM
Not completely necessary, I mean I've never accidentally deleted an item or ever been worried that I would. Also a simple warning before you delete items would be easier to implement, as discussed in another topic. But I wouldn't complain if it was added, not a horrible idea.
Same. The only real frequent 'deletion accidents' have been deletions of duplicate items, and no one really cares about selling them for gold, so there's no real issue with them being deleted. While this idea is okay, a simple pre-deletion warning(like in the topic Forum started)would be better.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Torch

I think it's a great idea. I'm always worried I'll missclick and delete a valuable item.

ARTgames

i like idea of the game asking you more.

Dragx_Rage

I don't think this is a bad idea, it would probably lower the amount of deleting an item accidently.

hartless!

i think this is a great idea, but it would probobly relativly difficult to program in because meiun would have to creat an alternate id for every item in the game, the non locked  and the locked id's. I think it would be better introduced if its put into sov3

Torch

Quote from: hartless! on August 31, 2009, 01:21:48 PM
i think this is a great idea, but it would probobly relativly difficult to program in because meiun would have to creat an alternate id for every item in the game, the non locked  and the locked id's. I think it would be better introduced if its put into sov3
There's much more efficient ways than that to implement this.

ARTgames

Quote from: Torch on August 31, 2009, 05:40:26 PM
There's much more efficient ways than that to implement this.

yeah. i would leave the hardness scale up to meiun.

JoEL

No he wouldn't, that's rediculous. Theres a much simpiler way by having an array of all the inventory slots for example
locked_slots[24] = 0 (meaning slot 24 is not locked) and when you do the idea that was suggested you could just make locked_slots[24] = 1 so now you can't delete this item untill locked_slot[24] = 0, but that's just for one inventory slot mind you. It's a whole lot simpiler then what ever you are talking about, I'm sure meiun could think up a much better way then even what I've just thought up on the spot.

Anyway, I think this was a good idea, but I have to say that the option menu "Would you like to delete this item Yes|No" is alot better.