News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

RvR(race vz race)

Started by Remnant, September 13, 2009, 10:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remnant

For "SO3" how about having some struggle for power between 2 or more races of stickmen? A purpose to do more then spend a whole day sitting on a wall, but to join arms with your fellow race of stickmen and fight for control of an area or control of that wall. for a certain time till the next war is schedule. Think about it......

JoEL

I'm guessing you mean 2 factions ?
This isn't a bad idea as such...but I'm not sure how it will work exactly. There would defenatly need to be a story behind it? does SO even have a meaning or "story" ?

Would we be able to  talk to the opposite faction?

So many un-answered  questions that must be decided  :o All in all a good suggestion, but I don't think it will fit into SO.

EpicPhailure

I'd basically be like WoEs in Ragnarok Online, when they're fighting for castles. Pretty cool.

Pinball

Won't people be able to do this with the clan system?  Instead of different races it be clan vs clan, all tho I do like the idea of fighting for control of an area.

~Pin

JoEL

Remnant

I'm just throwing it out there. some other form of gameplay besides grinding and treasure hunting but if the idea has already be heard then forgive me.

side note: i forgot to say when i say rvr i mean red stickmen vz blue stickmen and maybe the 2 races have special race skillz and hats they wear. making it a pure pvp game against another race. 2 different stating areas and all the other good stuff. so if someone decided to switch races.. it will be like playing a whole new game? get what im saying?

Lingus

Quote from: Pinball on September 14, 2009, 02:30:58 AM
Won't people be able to do this with the clan system?  Instead of different races it be clan vs clan, all tho I do like the idea of fighting for control of an area.

~Pin
This. I don't know if the whole race/faction idea would work. I'd rather have clan wars.

LeGuy

I think the best idea for this sort of thing is opposed to having two big, pre-existing factions that there are a bunch of struggles between, we should go with clans, like some have already said. And perhaps we could even go a step forward and create alliances between clans. This would create a player vs. player faction feel, but it would be a lot more realistic and would feel more genuine and complex. This would also allow people to be able to interact with other clans peacefully and work together when not fighting over things like castles or towers or land.
Whee!

ARTgames

Quote from: Lingus on September 14, 2009, 03:24:05 PM
Quote from: Pinball on September 14, 2009, 02:30:58 AM

~Pin
This. I don't know if the whole race/faction idea would work. I'd rather have clan wars.

horde ftw! jk but from what i have seen is that most games have races, then you have clans and in those clans you can have partys.

But i don't like the idea. i think there needs to be only one races in stick online and that's stick people. its STICK online man!

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Remnant on September 14, 2009, 11:15:49 AM
I'm just throwing it out there. some other form of gameplay besides grinding and treasure hunting but if the idea has already be heard then forgive me.

side note: i forgot to say when i say rvr i mean red stickmen vz blue stickmen and maybe the 2 races have special race skillz and hats they wear. making it a pure pvp game against another race. 2 different stating areas and all the other good stuff. so if someone decided to switch races.. it will be like playing a whole new game? get what im saying?
It's always about race isn't it... STOP THE RACISM! RED AND BLUE STICKMEN UNITE~!  >:(.

On a more serious note, Pinball's idea sounds more up my alley.

Lucifer

Oh god.. that gave me the horrid image of sticks standing on opposite sides of the wall yelling "WEST SIDE!!" "EAST SIDE!!"
Anyways, this did happen at some point, before the pvp system was changed, clans would randomly decide they controlled an area, and kill everyone else.

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Lucifer on September 15, 2009, 04:22:06 PM
Oh god.. that gave me the horrid image of sticks standing on opposite sides of the wall yelling "WEST SIDE!!" "EAST SIDE!!"
Anyways, this did happen at some point, before the pvp system was changed, clans would randomly decide they controlled an area, and kill everyone else.
LOL! +Rep for you... once 340 more minutes pass T___T

Torch

I used to do that at the mountain by myself. Fun times.  :D

Remnant

good point this is stick online.. and not stick wars online. after all the videos i've seen it just felt plain. everyone sitting around waiting for a boss to spawn and what not. I'm curious to what new features will be in SO3 that will go beyond the bar of SO2. Also, i didn't mean to sound racist if it came out like that >_>, but racism is a part of life people rage wars and all that other good stuff for power and booty blah blah. Well, I'm off take it easy..
~Ta ta

EpicPhailure

And they engage in dancing and singing, as if on Broadway or something.

COUGHWESTSIDESTORYCOUGH