News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Halloween Event Idea

Started by 11clock, October 17, 2009, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11clock

Well the Halloween event just started and the event seems to be exactly the same as the one 2 years ago. I was hoping for something new like in the Christmas and Easter events. Well since the event just started it isn't too late to add something in. So here is my idea.

It's the Giant Pumpkin boss. Shouldn't really be hard at all for Meiun to make. And it could drop something like a Gold Pumpkin Hat (also not really hard to make). It should make things interesting for this year's Halloween event.

Forum

First of all there was no Halloween even last year ok but a Halloween boss would be apreciated.  ;D
Officially quitted

Hambone

I think it'd be funny if for the halloween event all the SGs wore a massive jester hat. That wouldn't be hard to implement but I still doubt it'll happen.

11clock

Quote from: Forum on October 17, 2009, 12:24:49 PM
First of all there was no Halloween even last year ok but a Halloween boss would be apreciated.  ;D

That's because the donor server wasn't set up yet last Halloween. There was an event 2 years ago, though, when the official server was up.

Forum

Quote from: 11clock on October 17, 2009, 01:03:14 PM
First of all there was no Halloween even last year ok but a Halloween boss would be apreciated.  ;D

That's because the donor server wasn't set up yet last Halloween. There was an event 2 years ago, though, when the official server was up.
Uhm really there was no Halloween event last year and you said their was one last year that's all i'm sayin..  :o
Officially quitted

11clock

Quote from: Forum on October 17, 2009, 02:03:04 PM
Quote from: 11clock on October 17, 2009, 01:03:14 PM
First of all there was no Halloween even last year ok but a Halloween boss would be apreciated.  ;D

Uhm really there was no Halloween event last year and you said their was one last year that's all i'm sayin..  :o

Fixed.

Forum

Officially quitted

God-I-Suck

A giant pumpkin wouldn't be too bad I guess. I was thinking of a grim reaper the size of the Sand Golem, lol. I think someone should host a Halloween based tournament. That would be pretty fun and it wouldn't take any of Meiun's time.

foG

Haha yea would be great fun, this would also make ppl play again ;)

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Mystery

Quote from: foG on October 17, 2009, 02:44:43 PM
Haha yea would be great fun, this would also make ppl play again ;)
Feel the exact same way. Relatively easy to make and would attract more players to play and become active. I guess make it really rare or something, like a boss for the pumpkins.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lingus

I have a few things to say about this.

One, since the event has already started it makes it more difficult to implement something new. Had you suggested this before hand, Meiun would have had time to prepare it and release it all at once rather than through multiple patches. I know that's how he does it anyways with a lot of things, but it doesn't make it easier after it starts...

Secondly, it isn't necessarily easy to pull something off like this. Making new monsters and items requires someone to sprite the animations and graphics. While he does have someone doing this for him, they are working on SO3. As far as I can remember (and someone can show me otherwise) there has been no new major npc animations done since SO2 went down. The bandit assassin doesn't really count as it is essentially the bandit with a different attack animation and hat. Most of the items that were added were done by Chaos I believe. And the Sand Golem is a resize and recolor of a previously existing sprite. This is not to mention the coding that needs to be done, which is probably not a big deal, but still requires some amount of attention.

With that said, my third comment is to say that anything at all added to the game at this point is by Meiun's good will and graces alone. He doesn't owe any of us anything. He is hosting the donor server as a thank you to everyone who has donated. While I'm sure you didn't mean it to come off this way, you shouldn't be expecting extra updates. If you get them, be happy, but if you don't I wouldn't complain.

ViseBlex

sk8terboi

Quote from: God-I-Suck on October 17, 2009, 02:29:28 PM
A giant pumpkin wouldn't be too bad I guess. I was thinking of a grim reaper the size of the Sand Golem, lol. I think someone should host a Halloween based tournament. That would be pretty fun and it wouldn't take any of Meiun's time.
that would be awsome xD
[SSSS]

stick d00d

I doubt Meiun will be adding anything new, but i don't really mind because this is my first time being on during a Halloween event. I'm just glad to be able to play. Besides a lot of stuff has been added just since this server has been up..

Demeni

Typically, stuff like this isn't added, but I really would like to see a Halloween boss.