News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Mystery Boxes

Started by Lastryder, October 20, 2009, 12:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lastryder

Well, im just gonna suggest mystery boxes as super rare drops from bosses.  Like maybe if your fighting a BBB, you can find a [insert rare item here] or get like a feather hat.  I don't know, just a suggestion.  ;D

EDIT: Or maybe when SOv3 comes out, and if you can maybe pay for special items for like 2000 Stick Online Coins equivalent to $2.00.  Or you can get a Mystery Box for 500 Stick Online coins but whatever is inside is random.  (;

-Lastryder-
http://www.youtube.com/user/PivotMyStick
support me and my music pwease (:
L2DENT

EpicPhailure

There are already presents, if that's what you're referring to. However, they do have a limited drop variety depending on the type.

Mystery

I APPROVE THIS IDEA. Yes, we all know it's because of the name. Hush hush.

But no, Epic, that's not what he's saying. He's saying for ALL boss monsters, there's a chance for this super-rare drop with a random powerful item inside. Possibly even ones you can only get in this manner.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

EpicPhailure

Ah, I see. I'd like to know if the item drop varies on the boss monster or not.

NotoriousM4^

I don't really like this idea... It just further complexes the drop system. I mean, wouldn't you be pissed off if you hunted for sooo long for this rare box, to only have a slight chance of getting that rare item. I also don't like the idea of paying for in-game currency or items.

Hambone

I think this would be fun if it was bought with gold in game at a steep price.

Epsilon72200

I like the idea, because it would give players more of a reason to play in areas besides the ones that contain the monsters that drop the items they need. And nobody would really be hunting for one, considering any boss monster can drop one (and you don't know what you'll get anyways).
I think it would really bring alot more excitement to the game
(and opprotunites for those unlucky people).

I like Hambone's Idea too, which also gives the player more reasons to play, To save up gold.
Although if there was a buyable one, I think it would be better if it didn't contain super rare items,
like the Slasher, Inferno Sword, Dark Knight Helm, Spire, Beret, or Fedora.

That's my opinion.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

Torch

I don't see the point since drops themselves are already random.

Mr Pwnage

Well...I don't really like to think you might be able to get an IS from a blob...that's kinda silly. Also...just the way I think shops should carry items:
Power wise, I don't think stores should sell anything of the power of what the GS is in SOv2. I think there should also be EXTREMELY expensive items in the shop that would take a year or 2 to get enough gold to buy...and these items would be joke-like weapons...In other words, just cool things to show off. For instance, a pie to throw at people, or a sit-down hammer you can use to make standing idle players sit so that they regen. Just cool little things like that.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

NotoriousM4^

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on October 21, 2009, 09:36:28 PM
Well...I don't really like to think you might be able to get an IS from a blob...that's kinda silly. Also...just the way I think shops should carry items:
Power wise, I don't think stores should sell anything of the power of what the GS is in SOv2. I think there should also be EXTREMELY expensive items in the shop that would take a year or 2 to get enough gold to buy...and these items would be joke-like weapons...In other words, just cool things to show off. For instance, a pie to throw at people, or a sit-down hammer you can use to make standing idle players sit so that they regen. Just cool little things like that.
Now, that, I like.  :)