News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Bait

Started by Hambone, October 22, 2009, 03:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hambone

A pretty basic idea. It's a thing you can throw that no monster in stick online can resist. The nearest monster   would take a temporary break from attacking and following the player to eat the bait (or if you don't want to make eating animations, it could be like a perfume that they smell.) The bait would wear out after a short time period (around 5-10 seconds, maybe). SO anyways, what do YOU  guys think?

Lucifer

Whats the... point? So you can sit down and rest? You could just jump to a point where they can't get to you. I mean I could see some usefulness in dragging creeps away from bosses, but really not necessary.

Hambone

Well, it could be useful in getting extra hits in or getting away from a monster faster than you or even separating a boss from a group of enemies. You don't always have a place to jump to. (at least in this version)

Mr Pwnage

It's actually not a bad concept, but I think you should rework your idea to be more practical...I'd elaborate but even I don't exactly know what I mean... O.o
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

11clock

I don't like it. There really isn't a point. Like Lucifer said, you can easily find a place to sit down and rest.

ARTgames

Is this idea for stick online 2 or 3? also your description of bait matches the one of a inexperienced player. :P

LeGuy

Quote from: ARTgames on October 22, 2009, 05:15:41 PM
Is this idea for stick online 2 or 3? also your description of bait matches the one of a inexperienced player. :P

Lulz.

I sort of like the idea, it'd be something to spend gold on and would add a little bit more complexity to the PvE system. It'd be useful for things like keeping a DS in the middle of the temple instead of on the pillars and giving players a nice 10 seconds to sit down and rest during the chaos of a SG attack. We could make up funny names for the bait/perfume - such as a "A La Agonic Souls" for the DS.

And perhaps some limitations would be in order, like having a chance of the bait not working or varying distraction times. Something to keep the bait from being too predictable.
Whee!

Torch

I think that's a great idea, especially for people with multi-hit weapons. It would make it much easier to hit groups of enemies.

EpicPhailure

It seems to be one of those 'not useful enough for its worth' items that you see in most games. I agree with the previous posters, with polishing the idea.

Mystery

Quote from: EpicPhailure on October 22, 2009, 07:30:59 PM
It seems to be one of those 'not useful enough for its worth' items that you see in most games. I agree with the previous posters, with polishing the idea.
I agree, but I just don't think this is worth being implemented.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.