News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Starting in SO3

Started by Matty_Richo, October 30, 2009, 03:54:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matty_Richo

Does anyone remember when SO2 was first released? the weakest weapon was the dagger, and it cost something like 3000 gold.
It was hard to start off. You only had kick for blobs and punch for others. Starting off was hard, unless you were luck and got a hammer early on.
Now days, I think it is a bit too easy, Most people get a tree branch on their first few blobs and it isn't too long before they get a dagger, then SS etc. . .

I think that for the remake, it should be somewhere in the middle. Not so hard that people get bored too quickly, but not too easy like i think it is now. I think that it should be somewhere in between.

Thoughts?

Red October

Quote from: Matty_Richo on October 30, 2009, 03:54:14 AM
Does anyone remember when SO2 was first released? the weakest weapon was the dagger, and it cost something like 3000 gold.

SO2 was released in Dec '06, so I can answer this question. Firstly the "weakest weapon" was the punch. Shops didn't exist back then anyways.

Anyways I see no reason to change how updates are done.

stick d00d

it is basically easy to get weapons, but luck also comes into play.. even though it is pretty easy, leveling is not insanely fast so this brings a balance imo.. i bet so3 will be a bit more challenging though

krele

Quote from: Red October on October 30, 2009, 06:38:07 AM
Quote from: Matty_Richo on October 30, 2009, 03:54:14 AM

SO2 was released in Dec '06, so I can answer this question. Firstly the "weakest weapon" was the punch. Shops didn't exist back then anyways.

Anyways I see no reason to change how updates are done.
Heh, look, a smartass...

Punch is not a weapon, it's just an attack you do when you DON'T have a WEAPON equipped.

Wasn't the whip weaker than the dagger?

JoEL

I always thought whip was stronger then the dagger & short sword, because it was 4500 gold originally (well around that) then it was nerfed I think and was reduced to 2500 gold (or something around that).

Torch

Quote from: JoEL on October 30, 2009, 12:27:23 PM
I always thought whip was stronger then the dagger & short sword, because it was 4500 gold originally (well around that) then it was nerfed I think and was reduced to 2500 gold (or something around that).
Nope, the whip was never nerfed.

krele

Quote from: Torch on October 30, 2009, 12:37:00 PM
Quote from: JoEL on October 30, 2009, 12:27:23 PM
Nope, the whip was never nerfed.
Yes it was, atleast the length of it was nerfed by 1/4...

Lucifer

Meh, I don't remember the whip ever being "nerfed".
Quote from: krele
Heh, look, a smartass...
Hahaahhahahahahaha, XD, hearing that come out of your mouth, lmao, made my day.

Anyways. It's really not that hard to start, never has been. Although as d00d pointed out, it does depend on luck. If you happen to get a short sword or hammer quickly, you'll progress faster than someone who's stuck with a stick or dagger. Even before sticks and hatchets etc, it was never all that hard, you just had to devote a lot of time. Speaking of time, it takes a hell of a lot less time to get from 1-100 in this game than any other.

Besides, we're naked sticks! You expect us to be tough from the start?

Chaos

Quote from: krele on October 30, 2009, 12:25:44 PM

Derp derp.  He said first released.  The only weapons in the game on release (not including punching/kicking/candy cane) were the dagger, short sword, and hammer.  No other weapons were in the game at that time.

And, from what I remember, the whip was never nerfed.  If it was,  I can say with certainty that the length was never ever nerfed.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Hambone

I thought it was fun having a difficult start. It made getting items an exciting occurrence, and I thought that was fun.

Red October

Heh, look, a smartass...

Punch is not a weapon, it's just an attack you do when you DON'T have a WEAPON equipped.

A weapon is something that you use to harm/kill something, the "punch" is using the "fist" as a "weapon".

Turkey

The start is not so much difficult as it is time consuming. Starting out with nothing and continue to have nothing other than get something at least a little better then what you start with is not that fun for me. Plus now we have better items that we have to work towards. So i really think its fine now.

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Red October on October 30, 2009, 05:34:22 PM
Heh, look, a smartass...

A weapon is something that you use to harm/kill something, the "punch" is using the "fist" as a "weapon".

While you are correct, you are really taking it too literally, and you obviously know what Matty_Richo is referring to, but for some reason feel the need to make some correction that doesn't matter at all, nor helps the topic.

Quote from: Turkey on October 30, 2009, 05:35:38 PM
The start is not so much difficult as it is time consuming. Starting out with nothing and continue to have nothing other than get something at least a little better then what you start with is not that fun for me. Plus now we have better items that we have to work towards. So i really think its fine now.

^ This. I remember starting Stick Online and playing for awhile, but never getting anything but a feather hat and stopped playing for a long while. When I came back and got a stick, I felt much more invited to play; after all, its just fun getting items anyways, and the fact that there are items that are ridiculously hard to get in the first place makes getting an item, even if it is common, still that much more fun.

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Pat

I want it to be fair for us who had to go through those rough times. I got my first hat at level 3 then my first weapon at level 9, hammer at level 13, but it took me a few weeks to get there because I had no weapons and no good hats then a few months down the road I see level 1 players with sticks (which would have been a blessing back then) who level up so much quicker than I could have achieved :(
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

krele

Quote from: Chaos on October 30, 2009, 01:38:39 PM

Derp derp.  He said first released.  The only weapons in the game on release (not including punching/kicking/candy cane) were the dagger, short sword, and hammer.  No other weapons were in the game at that time.

And, from what I remember, the whip was never nerfed.  If it was,  I can say with certainty that the length was never ever nerfed.
I am 90% sure the whip was nerfed in size. I just remember that I just when I started, the changelog said that whip's size was reduced... Just ask Meiun, Even though it's likely he wouldn't know.

@Luci:

Piss off and mind your own business... It was aimed at october...