News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Spawning momentum

Started by Aqua, November 01, 2009, 04:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

Well, this would make hunting easier and more interesting, providing goals. This is momentum- working hard to increase good spawn rates. For instance- if you're at the bandits and kill the bandits so fast that their average life is 3 seconds (of the last minute, thinking of tracking with a ds_list), then you get killing momentum. So, if their average life is 3 seconds, then they will spawn 1.5x faster (average then cleared), and the 1.5x faster runs out after 2 minutes. If the average life stays at 3 seconds or under, then the bandits will spawn 2x faster (excluding prior speed up), and BA spawn chance goes down 2x (down as in from 1 in 200 to 1 in 100) for 5 minutes. If the average life of bandits goes above 10 seconds during this time, the spawn bonus decreases to the 1.5x regular bandits only. Also, if 5 BA are killed in under 1 minute, then it will start spawning pumpkins/bunnies as if it were the holiday (assuming that it isn't).
Also, I believe that this could be applied to elsewhere- at the < of Temple- if Cacti average life goes down to 6 seconds, then DS and SG spawn rate matches the bandits' system, and ghosts would be spawned if a DS gets killed in under 3 minutes. At the temple, the system would be the same, except that many easter eggs would rain (and not come back until all momentum has expired and been regained from scratch) when a DS is killed in under 2 minutes.
The same would apply at the mountain as at the Temple, but it would rain regular presents when the RBs are killed quickly.
Please keep in mind the expiration of the spawn bonuses when the normal monster's average life time increases past an amount, thus making the regular monsters an issue to be regulated if the bonuses are to be maintained.

Maybe a little complex for SO2, but hey, there it is.
~Aqua

God-I-Suck

Hm, not a bad idea. Because sometimes at the bandits, they get killed so fast I can barely get to them. This could make leveling more fun (to me), not to mention faster leveling and it wouldn't be as annoying to wait for more. The only thing I don't like about the idea is like ghosts/pumpkins/eggs spawning, I think those should only be on the holidays xP. Maybe if you kill the bosses real fast, then like the regular monsters spawn really fast, so it could be like an endless loop, I guess. That would be cool in my eyes. I give this idea a 3.7/5 :P

Aqua

Well, I had extreme difficulty getting my Halloween items, and all other items (didn't even get Easter Egg Hat, or the bunny ears I wanted on either account), so I don't see how this would help those who want the items and missed out on them. The Halloween monsters are only 50% anyways, while the Easter ones are about 25%, so there wouldn't be many spawning for long. But I see your point.
~Aqua

Torch

That's a more effective method than the current one. The current one increasing the spawn rate depending on the number of players in the area. That doesn't take into account player's levels or activity.

NotoriousM4^

Very, good. And quite solid. I couldn't really even think of any major downsides.

scsox

The question is: Is it worth the time to be implemented? Great idea btw:)

ARTgames

Quote from: Aqua on November 01, 2009, 04:31:18 PM
Maybe a little complex for SO2, but hey, there it is.
~Aqua

Stick online 2, no i don't think it will happen. Sounds like a lot of work for something that is out of development. But that's up to Meiun to decide. Stick online 3 I'm not sure. The idea seems to be based on stick online 2 game play and its hard to apply it to something other than it.

Now i never said i did not like the idea. I have not fully thought about it. But it does sounds fun. Sound like a cool dungeon type for stick online 3, if stick online 3 even has dungeons.

But i would like something just to make the grinding more fun and this sounds like a good way to achieve that.

Pat

it doesn't sound like a lot of work :/
Monster timer = preset time
Monster alive time = time from spawn till death
Monster timer -= Average monster alive time * factor
Monster timer += Average monster alive time / 8

If monster timer is an alarm this would be very easy to add, less than 5 minutes of effort, but I can see this leading to a problem I mean like the monsters spawn as fast as they do for a reason, I guess.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Lucifer

It doesn't seem very necessary, as the only reason there is any problem with spawn rates is because of the lack of players. Before the server went private, I never complained or saw anyone complain about the spawn rates. But just because it's not needed doesn't make it a bad idea, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Pat

Well since there is a lower number of players playing I think the spawn chances of bosses should be increased, although I don't have a problem getting a boss to spawn myself, just bunnies.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Forum

I totally agree with something for black bunnies and rock beasts at least since i spent 2 hrs at mountain for only 1 rb..
Officially quitted

stick d00d

good idea ... would make solo grinding more interesting