News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Shady Shop

Started by Aqua, June 30, 2009, 10:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aqua

I think it'd be cool to have several degrees of Stat resets for several prices, and a couple other stat related purchases.
So here it is:
1st Degree Stat Reset- 200,000G
Removes 5 stat points from all areas, and gives them to you. But if you had 3 int, it only gives you 2 int, and sets your int to 1. Same with other stats.
2nd Degree Stat Reset-300,000G
Removes 10 stat points from all areas, and gives them to you. Same method with 1st Degree Stat Reset.
3rd Degree Stat Reset-500,000G
Sets all stats to 1, and gives you the appropriate stat points.

And then you can purchase permanent stat boosts- but extremely limited.
For 25,000G, you can get a permanent +2 to str. This would be in the bonus column. You cannot purchase a bonus in a stat area if you already have one there it refunds you for 20,000G. If you purchase one in a different area, then it removes your current one, and changes it to whichever you chose; and still costs 25,000G. So there'd be 4 more items to buy: STR, AGI, VIT, and INT bonuses.
So, in total, the shop would have 7 purchases, that I can think of now.
~Aqua

CherryPie

Good idea afterall, but the stat reset thing definitly needs some tuning, regarding the amount of gold you need to pay, when you think of most other mmo's where you can purchase stat-washing mostly only with real money.
I'd say for gaining back one stat point you should pay 200k, means players who managed to get a million can still reset 5 stat points, which, at least in StickOnline, can change your stat build immensely.

edit: Also for the other thing you mentioned, giving permanent boosts.. i'm not sure what to think bout that idea..
I like it, indeed..but I do not like to pay money for that, maybe it'd be better, if you could get something like scrolls from enemies, which do not infect your weapon, but do directly infect your stats. (e.g. a rare drop from SG could be a 20% +1 to all stats) after clicking it in your inventory, your stats will increase if the scroll succeeds.

Aqua

There are some people who have like no money, and that's their fault; but they shouldn't be completely screwed over because of it. I had origionally thought 1,000k for the 3rd Degree Stat Reset, but that's way out of reach for people like Amadeus, NotorM4^, and +(-_lll)+.
~Aqua

CherryPie

Quote from: Aqua on June 30, 2009, 12:16:22 PM
There are some people who have like no money, and that's their fault; but they shouldn't be completely screwed over because of it. I had origionally thought 1,000k for the 3rd Degree Stat Reset, but that's way out of reach for people like Amadeus, NotorM4^, and +(-_lll)+.
~Aqua

exactly what i meant, you should only be able to do a stat reset, if you played for a LONG time, otherwise people with alot of money like e.g. GaZ could just reset their stats for a tournament and then reset it back and back and so on... and that's exactly what we don't want ;)

Aqua

I see nothing wrong with GaZ doing that. I doubt he would, but he EARNED that 2.7m, so he should be able to do that.

Personally, me being conservative, I would rarely do stat resets. Maybe one on Aqua, but that's understandable ;)
~Aqua

Seifer

See this has always been a touchy subject with me, the idea of putting massive prices on things. Some people have just never cared about gold, because theres nothing to buy. I dont pick up gold off the ground very often, and more importantly, I dont think I've ever ever sold any gear. And lets face it, thats where the real money is. I just delete crap, time and time again.

Lingus

I think putting any price on anything is a waste at this point. The economy of the game is flawed as it is. In the new version of the game if there are factors implemented to alter the economy (burnable items that you buy at the store such as arrows or something...) then prices for everything would have to be based around that. Currently people have such an inflated amount of money because there is absolutely no reason to use it. The only thing purchasable are items that are easily obtainable by monsters. And even if you do purchase them, you only need to do so once. Once you have everything your money just increases without end. If items are implemented that would need to be purchased on a regular basis, or certain actions require money (such as travel between points or something) then people would have a lot less money in general and prices like 500k would be at the extreme end of unreachable.

Anyways, on topic: The whole way you have designed the stat reset is a bit funny to me. The way I would do it is to charge per stat, but have it escalate. So basically, when you open the "shop" your stat window would pop up with a minus (-) next to each stat, with a dialogue showing current cost. As you subtract stats the cost increases. With each point you remove from a given stat the cost per point on that stat will increase. So, for instance, if you remove 1 point from int it will cost 5 gold. The next point will cost 6 gold... etc etc. Or it could be for the first 5 points it is 5 gold, then the next 5 points is 10... or whatever (again back to economics here, the numbers don't matter it's the concept I'm trying to get across). And again, this is per stat point. So if you remove 5 points from int, it would still only be 5 gold to remove a point from str because you haven't removed any from it yet.

So essentially, the more you remove the more you spend. But it is customizable. There could be an option for a complete stat reset that would be slightly less that using the normal 1 point per stat feature. It would be like the bulk buy option. This would only make sense if you want to completely redo your stat build as you might save money buy reducing your stats down a certain amount to acheive the same goal.

EpicPhailure

Well somebody's been doing their homework.

Aqua

Quote from: Lingus on June 30, 2009, 03:31:19 PM
I think putting any price on anything is a waste at this point. The economy of the game is flawed as it is. In the new version of the game if there are factors implemented to alter the economy (burnable items that you buy at the store such as arrows or something...) then prices for everything would have to be based around that. Currently people have such an inflated amount of money because there is absolutely no reason to use it. The only thing purchasable are items that are easily obtainable by monsters. And even if you do purchase them, you only need to do so once. Once you have everything your money just increases without end. If items are implemented that would need to be purchased on a regular basis, or certain actions require money (such as travel between points or something) then people would have a lot less money in general and prices like 500k would be at the extreme end of unreachable.

Anyways, on topic: The whole way you have designed the stat reset is a bit funny to me. The way I would do it is to charge per stat, but have it escalate. So basically, when you open the "shop" your stat window would pop up with a minus (-) next to each stat, with a dialogue showing current cost. As you subtract stats the cost increases. With each point you remove from a given stat the cost per point on that stat will increase. So, for instance, if you remove 1 point from int it will cost 5 gold. The next point will cost 6 gold... etc etc. Or it could be for the first 5 points it is 5 gold, then the next 5 points is 10... or whatever (again back to economics here, the numbers don't matter it's the concept I'm trying to get across). And again, this is per stat point. So if you remove 5 points from int, it would still only be 5 gold to remove a point from str because you haven't removed any from it yet.

So essentially, the more you remove the more you spend. But it is customizable. There could be an option for a complete stat reset that would be slightly less that using the normal 1 point per stat feature. It would be like the bulk buy option. This would only make sense if you want to completely redo your stat build as you might save money buy reducing your stats down a certain amount to acheive the same goal.
Well, I prefer the discount for more you spend. That's why the deal gets better for the greater degree of stat resets.

And EP, those are his typical posts : o!
~Aqua

Lingus

No. It makes more sense to spend more as you alter more of your stats. It should only be a small fee to alter a low number of stats but the more drastic a change the higher the fee.

Although, now that I think about it, you could just alter one stat and then close out, alter another close out, etc etc. Then you'd get the same fee each time rather than an increase...

ARTgames

i think stats resets should be offered as in the main post or by level. this game is really about getting items and pvp.

at level 50 for a really small price you should be able to reset stats if its not working for you. same for level 100.

now i get the idea that the fun is in leveling but right now grinding not that fun as pvp.

it might be a idea to make it a item that rests your stats. i like that idea the best. i might just be crazy.

EpicPhailure

How about we do it like RO?

In Ragnarok, each time you level up, you get a certain number of Stat points. Then, as you add to each stat, the cost to level it up one point increases.

We can apply this to stat resets by doing it so that you purchase reallocated stat points, and the more you reallocate into a stat, the more stat points it costs to put it in. This way, they'll have to keep buying more and more.

Mystery

Quote from: Epicphail on June 30, 2009, 05:31:52 PM

In Ragnarok, each time you level up, you get a certain number of Stat points. Then, as you add to each stat, the cost to level it up one point increases.

We can apply this to stat resets by doing it so that you purchase reallocated stat points, and the more you reallocate into a stat, the more stat points it costs to put it in. This way, they'll have to keep buying more and more.
That would be a good idea, since the higher level people tend to have a lot more money. They tend to overestimate how much everyone else has. I barely ever had enough to ever buy a single thing from the store.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Aqua

Quote from: Epicphail on June 30, 2009, 05:31:52 PM

I have no clue what that is, so I didn't understand what you said, or even Mystery.
~Aqua

EpicPhailure

Lemme reword it a little...

Basically, you buy how many changes you can have. The more you use them, the more changes it'll cost to actually reallocate a single point into a stat (the cost doesn't apply to taking it out). So if you had 1/2/1/2, and you wanted to take some out of INT and put it into AGI, then the cost for sticking it into AGI will be less than if you had 23/46/32/15.