News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

~ShOp~

Started by xCoCex, November 25, 2009, 03:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xCoCex

Ehh,.. If u have Pirate Hat and Wizard Hat u don't need gold anymore.
So I would add items like WH or Scythe!
Maybe for 200k or more...

Or something like Lotto, where u can win with a chance 1:100000 an IS
or something else! Or Gold or or or or
Say me what u think! (My first Idea pls don't answer so hard  :o)
BA hunting started 6.10.10 - ...
BAs killed: 48
Gold: 39
Spire Dagger: 0
Bandit Cover: 0
Bandit Mask: 6
Dagger: 3

EpicPhailure

At this point, no one really needs to buy anything. Besides, the majority of the donor server community has 100k+ gold. It really wouldn't be worthwhile to BUY a scythe when they're common drops from skeletons. Also, hunting for items is what makes the Donor server entertaining...or at least, it was.

xCoCex

true, but u need something to buy with this gold!!
That with the Lotto is funny, cause everyone can use his gold
and the get chance is low, too!

Jackabomb

True, people need a use for that gold. What would be cool is if donor server members could buy temporary "mod" powers or something. That would be awesome in so3. I mean, think, only for donors!!

mikkelet

Sry mate, Meiun is way too busy with V3 and school (AND L4D2!:O)

=)

Aqua

Probably true, but you aren't the spokesman for him, or he hasn't yet told us that you are.
~Aqua

Delicious

Quote from: Jackabomb on November 25, 2009, 04:01:36 PM
donor server members could buy temporary "mod" powers or something. That would be awesome in so3. I mean, think, only for donors!!
... What would be the point? We would just have plenty or donors running around kicking players for no reason - I mean, what else would they need the powers for. Besides, the "Mod powers" are not something to be toy'd around with, rather used responsibily. Allowing members, even if they are donors, to obtain it for a limited amount of time could be fairly annoying to others - especially if they abuse it which would most definitly happen considering there would really be no other point in even wanting the power to do so. It sounds fun, but if you truely think about it would be fairly impossible and this idea most likely will never get lifted on it's feet.

I agree with what the topic suggests to a certain extent. There should be items in the shop that are either fairly rare or never are dropped. Lotto would be fun, but giving the odds of one in every million hundred thousand you'd be better off actually fighting off the monsters to obtain the rares, especially considering you can gain XP while doing so.

<3

stick d00d

He said 100,000 not 1 million^^. I support the "lotto" idea, as well as what Delicious said about items that are fairly rare or never dropped. :D

Epsilon72200

I support the buying items idea, gold needs to have some use. And attempting to hunt a single enemy (especially rare ones) for a specific (sometimes not even that rare) item gets pretty damn annoying after a while, it'd better if playing anywhere can get you closer to your goal, rather than staying put and constantly hoping for something that could very well never happen.
a.k.a. "[NIN]", "EpsiloNIN" and "PudgeNIN".

Aqua

But when some guy who's never on gets a rare item, it's annoying too. As when some guy who never gets on and gets something from the lotto, it would be annoying too. It has its Pros and Cons.
Everyone's post that I have ever read regarding the value of gold being worthless has said so, and thought there should be something to do about it. So it's pretty pointless to say so, unless your opinion differs.
Having some items, such as WH, in the shop would make things easier for some people, but it would cause a lack of activity. Someone with a new account doesn't need his buddies to help him grind for WH because he can buy it. People walking by cacti are more likely to settle in and join when there's people there.
I think there should be more not dropped items in the Shop, maybe something for 3m to have a few people striving for, and maybe an item that can be bought for at 5k at one shop, and sold for 10k at the other, thus making gold grinding a pain, but not impossible (as most people don't really have room for mass loads).
~Aqua

JoEL

This lotto idea might actually make me want to farm gold.

Jackabomb

In all honesty, the mod power idea would only apply to me. ;D It is pretty bad. But fun to think about...

xCoCex

Inventory:

w00t dropped :o

rofl