News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Monster altar

Started by Supercowy, July 02, 2009, 10:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supercowy

Hey there,

Some people probably remember this idea from like a year ago, when I posted this on the old forums. My idea was to make a monster altar somewhere. What do I mean by a monster altar? Well, There will be an altar inside an arena(somewhat like the arena in v2) and people can sacrifice coins at the altar. The more you sacrifice, the better the monsters gets that will be spawned. Imagine everyone sacrificing 200k coins to the altar, this would for example spawn a DS like monster in the new version. 100 coins would be enough to spawn a blob or whatever. I hope you guys get the idea.

~Supercowy

CherryPie

everyone put in 200k for only one ds-like monster?
bit high, but oh well :p
I kinda like the idea, but something like that is probably not needed in the very beginning. But trying to improve it a bit, why not make it a bit more challenging: Instead of money you need to kill alot of the normal monsters in a certain area, and after a while you may obtain a boss piece as a drop, which can be used at the boss altar to spawn the according boss :)
The main reason, why I like the whole idea is, that it brings players together, it's like a real boss run, you call all your friends and then kill a boss together :)

Danimal

Without "chance" it would become too easy or boring, so to improve the idea I think it should be inserting say 10k gold for a chance of monster spawn, and the more gold you insert the higher chance of a boss monster spawning. This would make it random, and more intersting + also use up the never ending pile of gold players get.

EpicPhailure

Well, the price would be somewhat altered by whether or not we actually NEED to buy things in S.O. 3 (Which is likely), unlike now in the Donor server (as Lingus said somewhere else).

And I don't like how you can just SPAWN it. It kind of defeats the purpose of hunting for it.

Supercowy

Quote from: Epicphail on July 02, 2009, 11:15:31 AM
And I don't like how you can just SPAWN it. It kind of defeats the purpose of hunting for it.
Well, you hunt for the gold you get from the monsters right? See it as a bonus monster/boss you get for hunting a lot of other monsters.

EpicPhailure

Then there should be a limit. Maybe like, twice per day or something.

Supercowy

yeah a limit would be fine, I don't want to bring this exact idea into the game, just an basic idea of something that could be in it.

Lingus

It would be more fun if it were like a challenge. So everyone has to put in a certain amount of gold in order to play. Once they put it in they are allowed to pass into the arena. If a round is already occuring no one can enter (or if it is instanciated like a WoW dungeon, then the next set of people would join a different instance, but they could start playing right away instead of waiting). It will wait a certain amount of time, say 30 seconds to a minute, before beginning so everyone has the chance to join. Once it starts monsters will start spawning in predefined rounds. For instance, round 1 could be a certain number of blobs. It would increase in difficulty inserting a boss round every so often. Eventually, if you survive long enough, you would be able to fight a DS or whatever.

That sounds a lot more fun to me...

EpicPhailure

That's an awesome idea Lingus. That's sort of like Party Quests in Maplestory with the one group per round.

Supercowy

yeah lingus that is a good idea too, I just wanted to bring the whole general idea of making something to spawn or create monsters in an alternative way. Any variation would be good. Atleast you guys like the general point of an altar.

Josh

Yea i like lingus's idea to thated be fun but if its in an arena sort of thing will there be water that monsters can fall in?