News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Lucifer's Idea List

Started by Lucifer, July 03, 2009, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

This is just a list of my personal wants for the game, aswell as wants I've heard others express. Most of these ideas are very practical, and most likely previously suggested, but would be Very appreciated by many if put into the game.

Storage
A way to store your items would be Very much appreciated in SO2, and in SO3 when it arrives. It is very annoying to have to delete some of your treasured items in order to pick up something new, Especially with the drop system in this game. All I'm suggesting is a simple cardboard box be placed at each of the stores in the game. When near the box you can press your CTRL button to open your personal storage. While viewing it you have the option to right click items in your inventory, and that will immediately move the item to your box or visa versa.

BBB Idea
It would be quite shmexie indeed if when the BBB died, it exploded into several smaller blobs. This would make it a bit more exciting to kill, and just add a little more feel to the game. Not a very necessary idea, but I would love to see it in the game.

Draggable Windows
We're able to drag the game now, and thats pretty nifty, but it would be very helpful if Meiun could take it one step further and be able to drag the Inventory, stats, and skills windows. Most important of those being the inventory window. It is rather annoying to have to open the inventory, choose an item, then close the inventory during the middle of a fight. This is the entire reason why hotkeys were invented, because keeping the inventory open disables your vision. A very easy way to fix this is to just be able to drag the window, so that it can be placed in the top right of the screen (or wherever) like so.

Arena Screen
As we all know, lag at the Arena can get rather unbearable for those without, and sometimes with good computers. This is not always caused, but very much so added to by the massive amount of people standing around the arena (and/or pvping/running about aimlessly.) A simple, probably previously suggested idea to fix this would just be to add a giant screen(s) somewhere in SO (I was thinking to the right of the arena, on the Green Mountain) where people could sit next to. While near the screen(s) you would press CTRL, as if you were on the stands, and it would allow you to see the arena.

EpicPhailure

I remember someone suggesting the bank or storage take the form of a cardboard box, lol. Was it you?

Twinky

I love this idea. I only have two empty slots in my inventory. >~<

ARTgames

yeah i want something to keep my finding in.

Lucifer

Quote from: Epicphail on July 03, 2009, 07:33:14 PM
I remember someone suggesting the bank or storage take the form of a cardboard box, lol. Was it you?
It was, on the stickho forums in ciro's stopic. I like the idea of it being a cardboard box because it plays along with the cartoony aspect of SO, while also being very easy to sprite ><.

EpicPhailure

Same here, to the cartoony part I mean.

CherryPie

ofc we need something like that in SO3. Espcecially when trading will be one of the features. If yes, you need a place where you can pu the items, you obtained two or more times, also you may want to save your obtained event items somewhere else, because you do not need em all the time.

Lucifer

Instead of creating separate topics, I think I'll just rename this one and shove my ideas in here.
*bumpity bump bump*
Scroll up to see the update.

ARTgames

QuoteBBB Idea
This is just another simple idea that again I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to see in the game. It would be pretty awesome if when you killed the BBB (Big Blob Boss), it exploded into 3-6 smaller blobs. I think it would make it a little more interesting and exciting to fight, especially for the nubbies.

yeah

Twinky

What would be the point of the BBB idea?
Theres already tons of blobs that spawn at once anyway.

Lucifer

The point is it's just a practical idea. It adds more of an atmosphere to the game, rather than just "Stab stab stab, kill, collect." It's the little details like this in games that really make a difference to people.

ARTgames

Quote from: Lucifer on July 05, 2009, 01:49:23 PM
The point is it's just a practical idea. It adds more of an atmosphere to the game, rather than just "Stab stab stab, kill, collect." It's the little details like this in games that really make a difference to people.

well you would half to "Stab stab stab, kill, collect" those little blobs. so maybe it could work the other way ware if the bbb runs into a blob it sucks it up and get bigger its self. and if you kill the big one then your idea will come into place.

Looperpuck

QuoteBBB Idea
This is just another simple idea that again I'm sure this has been suggested before, but I think it would be nice to see in the game. It would be pretty awesome if when you killed the BBB (Big Blob Boss), it exploded into 3-6 smaller blobs. I think it would make it a little more interesting and exciting to fight, especially for the nubbies.

Haha, that sounds like an awesome idea. That would be pretty exciting for a noob to kill there first Big Blob Boss, and have it explode into regular blobs. Good idea.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lucifer

EpicPhailure