News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Dropping items idea.

Started by Celson, July 07, 2009, 07:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celson

At the moment most of the Stick-Online community would agree that SO needs a trading system so that a player can give an item to another player. Now I'm not sure why this hasn't yet been implemented into the game. It could be that Meiun is to busy with other tasks such as SO 3, or he has attempted to code trading but has been unsuccessful. But we really do you need some sort of system to trade items.

So my idea is that Meiun should make it so player can press Ctrl + Right click to drop an item. By drop I mean make the item visible on the ground to all players so that anyone can pick it up. This idea would benefit unlucky people like me who can't even get a katana even after fighting many SF's, it could also help if someone has multiple number of items and just simply wants to give them away to players. And I assume that this would be much more simpler and faster for Meiun to code rather than a complex trading system.

I only have two problems with this idea... If two players were going to do a drop trade, and one was going to drop a DH and the other was going to drop an IS, then one of the players could quickly attempt to grab both items instead of sticking with the deal. That could be a small problem so it should be recommended that you be careful. Also my other problem is that perhaps someone could buy lots of cheap items and lay them all over stick-online. Although that wont be so much of a problem because people could easily just pick them up and press Shift + right click to delete them. But if Meiun wanted he could also just make it so items that are dropped by a player will disappear after 5 minutes if not picked up.

Give me your opinions on my idea  :)

Supercowy

The whole idea of trading in stick-online has always been attractive to everyone. I think this would be pretty easy to code but I'm not an expert ;) I think trading will be a fact in the third version of Stick. For version 2 this would be great.

ARTgames

Well i dont see this coming to so 2 but i think this would be just fine in so 3. Your idea not bad its just i dont think meiun will put that much work into so2 when its suppose to be a game that not being worked on.

EpicPhailure

I'm pretty sure Meiun guaranteed some sort of trading system in v3 somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I remember.

Anyway, that dropping thing is kind of...unbalanced. You could just say "Giving away free [item]", and then trade with whoever responds. That reduces risk of someone stealing it.

Celson

Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 11:10:06 AM
I'm pretty sure Meiun guaranteed some sort of trading system in v3 somewhere. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I remember.

Anyway, that dropping thing is kind of...unbalanced. You could just say "Giving away free [item]", and then trade with whoever responds. That reduces risk of someone stealing it.

Perhaps you didn't understand the whole idea of my suggestion. The basic idea is that Meiun can code this idea easier than taking a lot of his time to work on a complex trading system. Because Meiun obviously doesn't wanna spend to much time on V.2 so I have given him this suggestion about dropping items because it would be more simpler and quicker to do.

ARTgames

Quote from: Celson on July 07, 2009, 12:42:26 PM
Quote from: Epicphail on July 07, 2009, 11:10:06 AM

Perhaps you didn't understand the whole idea of my suggestion. The basic idea is that Meiun can code this idea easier than taking a lot of his time to work on a complex trading system. Because Meiun obviously doesn't wanna spend to much time on V.2 so I have given him this suggestion about dropping items because it would be more simpler and quicker to do.

your assuming its easy.

T-Rok

Actually this would be easy ARTgames. Easier then alot of the other ideas actually. Definitely a lot easier then a complete trading system to.

ARTgames

Quote from: T-Rok on July 07, 2009, 02:08:40 PM
Actually this would be easy ARTgames. Easier then alot of the other ideas actually. Definitely a lot easier then a complete trading system to.

So you what to argue about a system of a game that you did not even program?

Looperpuck

Good idea, Celson, but I do see one more flaw in this idea. Say you were drop trading with someone at the temple. And lets say the items was a Dragoon Helmet. Say you were drop trading around say 3-4 other people. And one of them watching, decides to be a jerk, and quickly run out of nowhere and steal the drop trade. I can see some people attempting to do that.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 07, 2009, 03:45:54 PM
Good idea, Celson, but I do see one more flaw in this idea. Say you were drop trading with someone at the temple. And lets say the items was a Dragoon Helmet. Say you were drop trading around say 3-4 other people. And one of them watching, decides to be a jerk, and quickly run out of nowhere and steal the drop trade. I can see some people attempting to do that.

~Looperpuck

They could do it how its done in those mob movies ware they goto a secret location and then some one comes and askes if they got the goods.

Looperpuck

QuoteThey could do it how its done in those mob movies ware they goto a secret location and then some one comes and askes if they got the goods.

Heh, but do you really think stick maybe big enough for that? Remember in SOv2 before it got shut down there were at least 70 people online at once, and they were all spread out along the whole map. And don't you think that theres people that will purposely watch for the drop trade 24/7?

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Meiun

There will absolutely be methods of trade in V3. As for V2, while it would be fairly simple to just slap dropping of items or some other method of trade in, it would require quite a reworking of the game engine to do this in a truly secure manner.

ARTgames

Quote from: Meiun on July 07, 2009, 04:50:24 PM
As for V2, while it would be fairly simple to just slap dropping of items or some other method of trade in, it would require quite a reworking of the game engine to do this in a truly secure manner.

See i tould you people!

There will absolutely be methods of trade in V3.

I think this here is great. Makes me want so 3 even more.

ASD!

There will absolutely be methods of trade in V3. As for V2, while it would be fairly simple to just slap dropping of items or some other method of trade in, it would require quite a reworking of the game engine to do this in a truly secure manner.

We have faith in you Meiun :D

cheese

i think its a pretty good idea  :)