News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

a few ideas

Started by ZaC, July 07, 2009, 09:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZaC

the first idea is that when you hit a monster or another player in PvP is that it hits critical hits and normal hits and maybe often miss the target, just to spice things up a little more.

the second idea is a little wierd but anyway,
say your wondering around on top of the temple, there will be less air up there so you move faster due to less air resitance, i duno how that works but anyway.

ZaC
Zac's Web Development, if your interested PM me - cheap prices !!

ARTgames

Quote from: ZaC on July 07, 2009, 09:17:25 AM
the first idea is that when you hit a monster or another player in PvP is that it hits critical hits and normal hits and maybe often miss the target, just to spice things up a little more.
I think it should be controlled by a stat (int). So that when you increase it, it will lower your chances of getting hit and uppen the chances of  hitting critical.
dont know how the HC pvp will take to this idea.

Quote from: ZaC on July 07, 2009, 09:17:25 AM
the second idea is a little wierd but anyway,
say your wondering around on top of the temple, there will be less air up there so you move faster due to less air resitance, i duno how that works but anyway.
Kinda wired. so does that mean when i jump up i move faster at the peak when i press left/right?

EpicPhailure

Well, maybe we will get new stats in v3. Probably not though. That first idea is pretty good, it'll also spice up PvP because it's not a matter of strength to do damage anymore, it's also your chance to crit. I don't like the dodge part though because it doesn't rely on your own skill to avoid a hit.

ZaC

yeah, instead of using int to increase the chance of a crit. hit a new stat like DEX (Dexterity) could be added in, and as for the jumping and then moving yeah that may work but depending on how high you do actually jump.

EpicPhailure

Or it could be a substat. Like other stats affect substats, and therefore give you crit chance or something.

Aqua

NEVER... EVER... Have chances in pvp. Maybe with monsters, never pvp. Possible for a level 1 to tank a 99vit,  and win. This is why I hate RuneScape. Extra damage: No. Missing: No.

Other idea would probably make variable upkeeping a hassle. More to be calculated on the server, client, and sent to other clients.
~Aqua

ARTgames

Quote from: Aqua on July 07, 2009, 12:01:59 PM
NEVER... EVER... Have chances in pvp. Maybe with monsters, never pvp. Possible for a level 1 to tank a 99vit,  and win. This is why I hate RuneScape. Extra damage: No. Missing: No.
see what did i tell you Zac. Also Aqua this will not take any server resorses from the game.

Looperpuck

I'm with Aqua on this, I don't like the idea of missing hits, weather it's in pvp or killing NPC's. And plus, even to gain your chances of not missing at all you still would have to use stats points on it. It would get pretty annoying if you kept missing on a boss, wouldn't it? Although, I'd like the idea of critical damage for killing NPC's but not in pvp. 1 question how would you specify that you hit a critical hit? would it say on your screen "critical Hit!"

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

"I'd like the idea of critical damage for killing NPC's but not in pvp."
Yeah i think that will ad more fun to killing them.

Meiun

I have always tried to stray from using too much chance/randomness in the actual gameplay of Stick Online. I want the game to be more focused around skill and action than numbers. When games focus too much on chances and all that for the battle outcomes, it feels more like you are simulating all the details of a battle rather than actually experiencing or performing them.

ZaC

Lingus

Random chance crits should be replaced by a crit attack skill. Exactly how critical it is could be based on Dex. The range of the skill could be based on Str. So for instance, you have a chance to hit anywhere from 50-75. With higher Dex you most often hit near the 75 range, but with lower Dex it would be less often.

This would remove the "chance" element of are you even going to get a crit attack in or are you going to miss the person entirely. That type of chance is arbitrary and unrealistic, like Meiun is saying. Chance in terms of a small range of damage is actually somewhat realistic. You don't really inflict exactly the same amount of damage on every swing of a weapon. There's always slight variations. Same would go with a critical attack. Just that you would have more control of when you decide to swing your weapon harder than normal.

Lucifer

I think instead of all this critical hit and missing nonsense, skills should replace these ideas. For example a skill that consumes some stamina, and your next swing will do increased damage. Or a skill that consumes some stamina, and the next thing to hit you will miss.

Lingus

That was kind of what I was going for. Except instead of casting a spell/performing skill then attacking, the attack is the skill.

And, no, missing should never happen. Ever. If your swing connects with the player it should do some form of damage. If there is a skill that temporarily increases defense, that's different.

Meiun

You definetly don't have to worry about the missing thing. Like you said Lingus, if the attack hits, it hits. None of that stat/chance based missing even when you actually hit them BS. I've always wanted Stick Online to be more of an action/skill based game than a stat/number based one.