News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stat idea

Started by Titan, July 08, 2009, 09:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titan

Alright so I was thinking about stats and what could be done to make the game more interesting with stats.

Str-Increase damage,knockback,increase health a small amount
Dex-Increase defense with every 4 stat points,affects speed between weapon swings(could also affect ranged weapon damage if applicable)
Agi-Increase speed and jumping height
Int-Increase stam,decrease stam usage by one for every 3 stat points.(Affects skills?)
Vit-Increase health,defense every 3,decreases knockback
Luck-Increase chance of finding items(by a small amount),Increase damage by a small amount,increase gold found)

I just think that more stats would make the game much more interesting by increasing the amount and variety of builds.  Vitality has stayed the same thougth. All opinions are welcome.
Livin' in a lonely world.

Lucifer

I like the stats we have now, and I don't think we need anymore. However, the luck stat sounds like it would be a good idea used as a Hat. Perhaps a Leprechaun that would increase your chances of having items drop, idk.

Titan

I just think it would be cool to have a larger variety of builds and more stats would make it more interesting.

ARTgames

why you are at it why not add.
Perception
Endurance
Charisma

Titan

First off endurence is vitality.
Second i don't see a use for charisma or perception

ARTgames

Quote from: Titan on July 08, 2009, 09:59:47 PM
First off endurence is vitality.
Second i don't see a use for charisma or perception

You could make endurance make you loose less health when you first get hit and do the same for stamina. and after the first hits or swings the effects of it ware down and it starts taking the normal amount of health and stamina. you could add a forth bar for its cool down.

Charisma can be used for making monsters fallow you or not and how little or how common they attack you. It also able to go form 99 to -99.

Perception could help you get a higher drop rate and make it so you haft to to less dmg to get up to max chance for a drop.

EpicPhailure

Endurance would just be defense then, lol. Or are you suggesting that endurance influences Defence as a seperate stat? Then it just makes things complicated.

Those last two are good, I like the Charisma thing. But again, it makes things WAY more complicated. Maybe have the charisma effect a spell, like. Stealth or something.

ARTgames

Well what i mean is (this is for Endurance) when you get hit the 4th bar will go down. The lower the 4th bar is the more of the damage of the hit will effect you. so it is like temp defense but it also effects stamina. the lower your bar the more stamina it will take to do attack.

its like saying a person who is beat up cant take as many hits as some one who is healthy.

Looperpuck

Hmm, this may have a problem. Too many stats = not enough stat points. Will we have to get more stat points in order to use thees extra stats? How will this work?

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 08, 2009, 10:20:00 PM
Hmm, this may have a problem. Too many stats = not enough stat points. Will we have to get more stat points in order to use thees extra stats? How will this work?

~Looperpuck
Well you hit the nail on the head. raise the stat point for each level from 1 to 3-5.

Looperpuck

But does Meiun want to make that happen? Maybe that will make some players too overpowering. And make the game not fun anymore. I like the stats where there at right now. Maybe luck to help get items, but thats it.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

ARTgames

Quote from: Looperpuck on July 08, 2009, 10:30:45 PM
But does Meiun want to make that happen? Maybe that will make some players too overpowering. And make the game not fun anymore. I like the stats where there at right now. Maybe luck to help get items, but thats it.

~Looperpuck

This idea most likely for so3. if its not than no i dont thing the stats in so2 need chanigning. and no it will not make people over powered when ever one getting the same stats boost.

Lucifer

Do you actually want this, or are you naming things from the top of your head?
QuotePerception could help you get a higher drop rate and make it so you haft to to less dmg to get up to max chance for a drop.
Who would waste their stats on this?
QuoteCharisma can be used for making monsters fallow you or not and how little or how common they attack you. It also able to go form 99 to -99.
... Why...? Would you REALLY spend your stat points on this? I think you've been playing too much fallout.

Anyways, about increasing the stats per level, I don't see anything wrong with the system we have now, nor any reason to change it. The only useful new stat I read in this entire post so far is Dex, but then again I see no reason why ranged damage can't just depend on Strength. (Agility already affects weapon speed, by the way.)

ARTgames

Quote from: Lucifer on July 08, 2009, 10:49:27 PM
Do you actually want this, or are you naming things from the top of your head?
QuotePerception could help you get a higher drop rate and make it so you haft to to less dmg to get up to max chance for a drop.
Who would waste their stats on this?
QuoteCharisma can be used for making monsters fallow you or not and how little or how common they attack you. It also able to go form 99 to -99.
... Why...? Would you REALLY spend your stat points on this? I think you've been playing too much fallout.

Anyways, about increasing the stats per level, I don't see anything wrong with the system we have now, nor any reason to change it. The only useful new stat I read in this entire post so far is Dex, but then again I see no reason why ranged damage can't just depend on Strength.
Darn it! how did you figure out the named were from fallout 3 so fast. i kinda made up the ideas to justify the post.

Seifer

This is stick online 3. Not stick online 2 with different graphics. If you want stick online 2, play the donor server. Don't be expecting the same stat mechanics, same level cap, same stat distribution.

This isn't to say we will not be using the same idea, but don't get hung up on it.