News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What is your favorite movie?

Started by sk8terboi, May 27, 2010, 04:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucifer

Stop stroking Avatar's enormous cock, you all know The Princess Bride is your favorite movie, and don't !@#$ing try to deny it.

NotSoCheerios

Avatar was Pocahontas in a Sci-Fi time period. SAME STORY with tiny mods..

Movies that stick out...

Kung Fu Hustle
Donnie Darko
Nightmare Before Christmas
Serenity
Brave Heart (Or ANY of mel Gibson's movies.. except Passion)
Aviator (the movie about Howard Hues)
Mad Max and the Thunderdome
I'll stop there.. before I go before most of your times.

oh.. one more..

Heavy Metal

tehrozzy

Quote from: NotSoCheerios on May 29, 2010, 03:33:29 AM

Movies that stick out...

Kung Fu Hustle
Donnie Darko
Nightmare Before Christmas
Serenity
Aviator (the movie about Howard Hues)
Mad Max and the Thunderdome
I'll stop there.. before I go before most of your times.

oh.. one more..

Heavy Metal

Isnt it Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome?
thats a good movie :D

Seifer

The Go Getter I think. I dunno. I've got a soft spot for quirky romantic Indie movies. And Zoey Deschael (sp?)

Lucifer

Lingus

Nothing wrong with telling the same story a different way. It is done constantly.

Ugh. Friggin Nazi. (not you. Mel Gibson.)

Jake

Scotty

Quote from: Jake on May 29, 2010, 11:58:35 AM
Quote from: Lingus on May 29, 2010, 11:54:34 AM
Lol what?

Likely referring to Gibson's... Loud mouth... from back in 2006.

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on May 29, 2010, 12:30:40 PM
Lol what?

Yea. He hates Jews. Quite a bit. I won't watch anything he's involved in.

Seifer

Quote from: Lingus on May 29, 2010, 07:38:33 PM
Lol what?

That's unfortunate, because he does have some awsome movies such as The Patriot and Braveheart.

EpicPhailure

Lingus

Quote from: Seifer on May 29, 2010, 07:58:02 PM
Lol what?

That's unfortunate, because he does have some awsome movies such as The Patriot and Braveheart.

Well, I have seen Braveheart, and some other things, but I won't watch any of his other stuff at this point. I see it more unfortunate that people can still be that ignorant and blatantly public about it and that other people don't care more. He should be run out of Hollywood and never be allowed to work again.

Scotty

Quote from: Lingus on June 01, 2010, 01:29:29 PM
Quote from: Seifer on May 29, 2010, 07:58:02 PM
Lol what?

Well, I have seen Braveheart, and some other things, but I won't watch any of his other stuff at this point. I see it more unfortunate that people can still be that ignorant and blatantly public about it and that other people don't care more. He should be run out of Hollywood and never be allowed to work again.

When knowing the whole picture, he was raised that way.  It's unfortunate, and by no means an excuse to make allegations to his (jewish) arresting officer that "Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world", but when his father is an even more ignorant prick than he can be, it does shed some light on the scenario.  Not to even mention his public denouncement of homosexuality.  Woooo boy that's a whole different can of worms.

Sad, in that he will likely go down as one of the greatest actors of his time (rightfully so), and also be marked as one of the most hated actors of his time as well, that'll go over well getting awarded both at his lifetime achievement ceremony.

I respect his works a lot (hard to find a film of his I didn't like), I have a hard time admiring his personality.  I can separate the two.

Mr Pwnage

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Lingus

Quote from: Scotty on June 01, 2010, 02:35:25 PMbut when his father is an even more ignorant prick than he can be, it does shed some light on the scenario
Most people who have irrational hatred of other groups are that way because of their parents or their upbringing. In general, people don't logically come to the conclusion that all Jews should be burned, etc etc. They feel that way because it was ingrained in them from a young age. This really doesn't shed any light on anything. I would think once people become adults that they can think for themselves and realize that everyone is pretty much the same. Obviously not.

As to the point of separating personal beliefs from entertainment. Sure. A lot of actors are jerks. I don't really care most of the time. But sometimes it's too much. Famous people think they can get away with anything. But when it comes to something like this, or drunk driving and killing people, they need to be taught a lesson. Do shit like this and people will stop giving you attention. At least that's what "should" happen. It doesn't. But I'm still doing my part.