News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Om, nom, nom..

Started by CherryPie, December 02, 2010, 08:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

It had to be done, right?  :D

|
|
V

Actually I think they came out quite good. Will post an Inventory icon, soon.

edit: Feel free to give me tips for improving or your other opinions. :)

Freeforall

I thought this topic was just going to be spam, but I actually think that sprite is pretty good. For some reason, it reminds me of the Dragoon Helm.

crozier

Looking at it from a different way it looks a little like a gold knight helm. (not the SO knight helm)
What I don't like is it doesn't look like its So2 material. Poor shading and I don't beleive SO2 had 2 pixel think lines making up hats. The 2 pixel thick lines were on the stickman.
And wheres the light coming from?

CherryPie

Quote from: crozier on December 02, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
Looking at it from a different way it looks a little like a gold knight helm. (not the SO knight helm)
What I don't like is it doesn't look like its So2 material. Poor shading and I don't beleive SO2 had 2 pixel think lines making up hats. The 2 pixel thick lines were on the stickman.
And wheres the light coming from?

Firstly, thanks for your constructive criticism.

Light's coming from behind, I had the frog hat and DH in mind, when creating this sprite.
The DH & DKH do have 2 pixel thick shapelines.

For V4, I changed the shading entirely, I think it fits in better now:

Big Version:

Thoughts?

Freeforall

V4 is way better shaded, in my opinion.

I still think it looks like a dragoon, but I kinda like the feel of that.

Lucifer

I don't get it.
Is it supposed to be a joke?

Aqua

Perspective dude. From a side view you can't see both eyes. For something classic like Pacman, I wouldn't advise shading.
~Aqua

CherryPie

Quote from: Aqua on December 04, 2010, 01:11:44 PM
Perspective dude. From a side view you can't see both eyes. For something classic like Pacman, I wouldn't advise shading.
~Aqua

that was done on purpose because I wanted to keep the 2D effect and mix it up with 3D slightly, so I shaded it.

@Luci: Well I know that user sprites won't be added (maybe 1 out of 9999999), therefor it is not a joke, nor a request to implement in in the actual game.

Freeforall

Quote from: CherryPie on December 04, 2010, 04:03:25 PM
~Aqua

that was done on purpose because I wanted to keep the 2D effect and mix it up with 3D slightly, so I shaded it.

@Luci: Well I know that user sprites won't be added (maybe 1 out of 9999999), therefor it is not a joke, nor a request to implement in in the actual game.
I thought it was a great idea! :P
And nice avatar :D

havok

i would never take that helm off :P but it will never happen nice sprite tho :)

Yankyal

Quote from: CherryPie on December 04, 2010, 04:03:25 PM
~Aqua

This saddens me greatly. I think this is a great idea man.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Lucifer

Other than the fact that it doesn't look right at all, is this not complete and utter copyright infringement? It's not that user sprites won't be added to the game, take MetalMat's Slasher as proof to the contrary, it's just the fact that it doesn't fit, whatsoever, and isn't even legal. That's why I figured it was a joke...

CherryPie

Quote from: Lucifer on December 06, 2010, 11:22:47 PM
Other than the fact that it doesn't look right at all, is this not complete and utter copyright infringement? It's not that user sprites won't be added to the game, take MetalMat's Slasher as proof to the contrary, it's just the fact that it doesn't fit, whatsoever, and isn't even legal. That's why I figured it was a joke...
3 things:

1.) http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_pacman_character_copyright
2.) His name is Metalmatt and i am aware of that
3.) You are the only one of all posters who think it doesn't look right at all

Celson

Quote from: CherryPie on December 07, 2010, 04:18:23 AM

Correction, I don't think it looks right. I barley recognize it as pacman.

DarkTrinity

Quote from: CherryPie on December 07, 2010, 04:18:23 AM
Quote from: Lucifer on December 06, 2010, 11:22:47 PM
3 things:

1.) http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_the_pacman_character_copyright
2.) His name is Metalmatt and i am aware of that

Actually Aqua also mention the perspective didn't look right.
And, I agree. It's fabulous that you want to try something new and make it look more 3D, but that doesn't change the fact that it would not fit in with stick online the way it currently is. Sorry,but it just looks awkward to me especially because his mouth is not in the same perspective as you made his eyes, so it looks like his eyes are not even centered properly.