News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The GS problem.

Started by Celson, February 19, 2011, 05:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celson

Not going to go to much in depth on this. Basically Lucifer and I have been spending the last 3 weeks trying to get a gs on TGf. We've gone from level 45 to level 98. At very minimum I'd say we've spent 120 hours grinding cactus and SF. As of the moment we still do not have a GS. We're not the only people that are having this problem either (Mystery is level 100 and does not have gs yet!).

I honestly think this is a joke. We're talking about a tier-2 weapon. It's inferior compared to spire, slasher, lsb and IS. But it seems incredibly hard to obtain. 120 hours to get a tier-2 weapon is a JOKE. Stick Online is definitely the hardest game I've ever played in my 9 years of gaming. And it's only a donor server, it's not anything serious. So why is it so hard?

I have no problem with these drop rates on the gs back 3 years ago, but now there is 4 weapons better than the GS. I say we put this GS in the shop for 50,000 gold, or make it easier to obtain. It's only fair that way.

darkflash

no make it atleast 200k then it sounds good

Celson

Quote from: darkflash on February 19, 2011, 05:26:28 AM

200k? Might be a bit over the top. Takes at least level 80 to get that much  :o

tehrozzy

Quote from: Celson on February 19, 2011, 05:29:08 AM

Not really, Nameless has about 500k and its not even level 70

Celson

Quote from: YayForLife on February 19, 2011, 06:47:18 AM

200k? Might be a bit over the top. Takes at least level 80 to get that much  :o

Weird. TGf is nearly 99 has 400k. Guess it all depends on what you've been killing.

EDIT: Just got my 6th katana. I don't know how much more katanas I can get before I completely crack. This is driving me insane!!

Titan

Yeah, but I'm level 89 and only have 200,000.
Livin' in a lonely world.

11clock

Quote from: Celson on February 19, 2011, 06:51:15 AM

Weird. TGf is nearly 99 has 400k. Guess it all depends on what you've been killing.

EDIT: Just got my 6th katana. I don't know how much more katanas I can get before I completely crack. This is driving me insane!!

I've gotten over 8 katanas before getting my GS at level 75.

Mystery

Quote from: Celson on February 19, 2011, 06:51:15 AM

Try getting over 20 Katanas total and no GS, then get back to me. :I
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Lucifer

Quote from: Mystery on February 19, 2011, 10:58:22 AM
Try getting over 20 Katanas total and no GS, then get back to me. :I
Celson's point isn't to have a pissing contest over who's got the most katana drops. His point is that there shouldn't be such a thing as finding 20 katanas while grinding for days upon days for a weapon that you can't properly PvP without. I agree with this, out of any of the weapons that should be in the store, the great sword has the highest priority. It should definitely be high, though. You don't want to cause an area to be abandoned, you just want to make the effort not completely hopeless.

11clock

CherryPie

Quote from: 11clock on February 19, 2011, 11:43:10 AM
I suggest 100K.

200-250k is damn fine. You do not deserve a GS before level 80 if you didn't manage to obtain one. if you level to 99 without getting one, you should be able to buy it, though. Do not make GS weaker than it already became.

T-Rok

I'd just like to say, got my GS after 63 SF at Level 67. 100k sounds perfectly reasonable based on those statistics.

Prosper

If GS is sold, Desert will be a ghost town. Drop rates are fine. If you don't have fun, hunt something else for a while and then come back later. GS rarity is what makes activity overthere.

I can see ppl training at Bandits/Temple for boss items until they get 200k-250k whatever and then automaticaly get a GS without going to desert at all.

Shops are selling basic items and should stay that way. What we need is an economy/trading system and thats not gonna happen in v2 at least.

Even if I got GS at lvl 27 on my latest account, I did hunt for months to get it on Atlas and it wasn't fun at all. At level 90 I gave up on trying and went hunting other stuff. I got DH and BC while having fun else where and went to desert once in a while when ever ppl was gathering there and then .. it poped up when I was like 75% through level 99.

Celson

Quote from: Prosper on February 20, 2011, 12:28:08 AM
If GS is sold, Desert will be a ghost town. Drop rates are fine. If you don't have fun, hunt something else for a while and then come back later. GS rarity is what makes activity overthere.

I can see ppl training at Bandits/Temple for boss items until they get 200k-250k whatever and then automaticaly get a GS without going to desert at all.

Shops are selling basic items and should stay that way. What we need is an economy/trading system and thats not gonna happen in v2 at least.

Even if I got GS at lvl 27 on my latest account, I did hunt for months to get it on Atlas and it wasn't fun at all. At level 90 I gave up on trying and went hunting other stuff. I got DH and BC while having fun else where and went to desert once in a while when ever ppl was gathering there and then .. it poped up when I was like 75% through level 99.

You do realize I said 120 HOURS right? That's a lot of work for an inferior weapon. The price set in the shop should be high enough so that you'd only get as much gold after much hard work. Anything over 100k sounds good.

And if they decide to farm that gold in a place that isn't in the desert, then they are just going to get the gs in there later levels. That's there problem.

Mystery

Quote from: Prosper on February 20, 2011, 12:28:08 AM

I'd just like to say, you're on the other end of the spectrum. You're very lucky. Look at t(o_ot), Prosper, Sariak- the drops exhibited on those accounts are not typical. Look at it from my and Celson's point of view.

Honestly, with all these low levels getting overly lucky and getting GS anyways, I'd say that point is moot. I'd like to see drops being given more to those who deserve one. ...Or being able to buy the said item(in this case, GS).
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.