News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Let's take some time to celebrate humanity

Started by Yankyal, March 19, 2011, 05:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yankyal

Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Scotty

Saw that a couple months back, never gets old.

The quarter pipe skier at the end gets me every time, I'd about shit my pants at that height on my skis.

Seifer

Actually, it should be let's frown at how stupid humanity is. Some of these stunts took skill, but most were either dumb luck(Shooting the same basket 100 times from forever away to get the shot right on camera) Or just plain stupid people doing something stupid, and if they !@#$ed up, they would die. I frown.

Scotty

Quote from: Seifer on March 19, 2011, 08:13:36 PM
Actually, it should be let's frown at how stupid humanity is. Some of these stunts took skill, but most were either dumb luck(Shooting the same basket 100 times from forever away to get the shot right on camera) Or just plain stupid people doing something stupid, and if they !@#$ed up, they would die. I frown.

You sir are an argumentative pessimist.

Mr Pwnage

I don't understand the guy sprinting on water.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Chaos

Yeah, humans are capable of some pretty crazy stuff.

Amusingly, I've seen at least 5 of those things in that video from their source videos, lol.

@Pwnage:  What's there to understand?  He was running on top of water.  Mind you, he was doing it with special shoes, but that's what he was doing.  Unless you don't understand why it's in the video, then yeah, I don't either.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Lucifer

(Shooting the same basket 100 times from forever away to get the shot right on camera)
One might argue, that's what skill is...

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lucifer on March 20, 2011, 03:46:14 AM
(Shooting the same basket 100 times from forever away to get the shot right on camera)

Sorry Luci, I disagree.

Skill ? the learned ability to bring about pre-determined results with maximum certainty, often with the minimum outlay of time, energy or both.

Performers who are said to be skilled often display similar characteristics including, consistency, efficiency, co-ordination, fluency, whilst completing a recognised technique allowing them to successfully achieve an end goal.

Scotty

Quote from: Dragx_Rage on March 20, 2011, 10:30:53 AM

Sorry Luci, I disagree.

Skill ? the learned ability to bring about pre-determined results with maximum certainty, often with the minimum outlay of time, energy or both.

Performers who are said to be skilled often display similar characteristics including, consistency, efficiency, co-ordination, fluency, whilst completing a recognised technique allowing them to successfully achieve an end goal.

Then what about the skill of determination?

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Scotty on March 20, 2011, 12:19:32 PM

Sorry Luci, I disagree.

Then what about the skill of determination?

Is determination a skill?

EDIT: Is it not a characteristic?

Cactuscat222

Quote from: Chaos on March 20, 2011, 01:46:48 AM
Yeah, humans are capable of some pretty crazy stuff.

Amusingly, I've seen at least 5 of those things in that video from their source videos, lol.

@Pwnage:  What's there to understand?  He was running on top of water.  Mind you, he was doing it with special shoes, but that's what he was doing.  Unless you don't understand why it's in the video, then yeah, I don't either.

That running on water was a hoax - an advertising campaign for the shoes used in the film.

http://www.hi-tec.com/us/news/2598

Check out Stick Online HotKeyz v1.03 (Now with Full Screen Support!): Click Here

Lucifer

Sorry Luci, I disagree.

Is this not accomplished by repeating the same task over and over until you become "skilled" at it?

Dragx_Rage

Quote from: Lucifer on March 20, 2011, 05:12:07 PM

Sorry Luci, I disagree.

Is this not accomplished by repeating the same task over and over until you become "skilled" at it?

I wasn't debating if that was skilful, just the definition of "skill".

Scotty

We sure know how to take an awesome video and ruin it don't we?

ARTgames

Have not seen some of those clips. The moonwalking one made me lolaugh.