News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

What I hate about capitalism

Started by Chaos, February 02, 2012, 03:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

If anyone ever wondered what it is I hate about capitalism and corporate America, this man embodies it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbdURlfa3Wc

Now you know.
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Scotty

I'll just leave this here.  Don't worry, I won't come back for it, you can take it, I got plenty of spares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_IO3RWWUG4

ARTgames

Well I think you would hate anything if people use it in a manner you don't like. But I understand that this is just something you hate that happens in capitalism, not it necessarily. At least that's what I can get with your wording. Also i'm not sure exactly what your pointing at in the video.

Chaos

This man.  This man is everything that is wrong with our world.  That's what I'm saying, ART.

@Scott:  So pretty much, the argument is "Yeah, our system is shitty, but it's slightly LESS shitty than these other systems, so it's okay."

Call me an idealist, but I tire of living in a world of 'good enough's. 
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

ARTgames

Edit:
So you hate douchebags. That's what I thought at first but then I was thinking maybe you meant you where with what he was saying.

Scotty

Quote from: Chaos on February 02, 2012, 04:44:59 PM
@Scott:  So pretty much, the argument is "Yeah, our system is shitty, but it's slightly LESS shitty than these other systems, so it's okay."

I'd hardly call it "LESS shitty", as his point is that civilizations that can't thrive off capitalism fall behind from the rest.  Is there a more productive way to advance?  Who knows, we haven't seen it yet.  I think the point that should be made is that those who abuse capitalism to their gain AND others substantial misfortune (I don't mean that in the "I just got the last cookie out of the jar so my brother is shit-out-of-luck", I mean that in a metaphorical "Microsoft or bust" sense), those are the sonsabitches that we need to hate, not the concept itself.  Capitalism breeds competition, which breeds excellence.  Once competition is nullified because one side not only came out on top, and will not stand to even hear a whisper of a challenge without lawsuits, that is when it gets a little ridiculous.

Chaos

Or, it would breed competition if our Corporate Overlords didn't gut competition at every turn.  Weee, Corporate America.  Actually, we should probably just rename the country that, at this point.  Once one of these SOPA-like bills slips by without notice because our Corporate Overlords own the media and thus prevent it from reporting anything about it, what you describe is a done deal.  No more internet, no more dissent.

God, I !@#$ing hate this country.
Jake says:

Scotty

Quote from: Chaos on February 02, 2012, 05:33:07 PM
Or, it would breed competition if our Corporate Overlords didn't gut competition at every turn.  Weee, Corporate America.  Actually, we should probably just rename the country that, at this point.  Once one of these SOPA-like bills slips by without notice because our Corporate Overlords own the media and thus prevent it from reporting anything about it, what you describe is a done deal.  No more internet, no more dissent.

I prefer to take the optimistic approach.  You know, that one where I shave my entire body head to toe, strip down naked, cover myself in vaseline, light myself on fire, and run through Senate floor using the theatrics and exclamatory verbage as clever cover while I rub up against the next rendition of the SOPA bill, putting an end to it all with fire.  I'm capitalizing on my ability to distract people in the most colorful of ways.

Mystery

Quote from: Scotty on February 02, 2012, 05:10:57 PM
I'd hardly call it "LESS shitty", as his point is that civilizations that can't thrive off capitalism fall behind from the rest.  Is there a more productive way to advance?  Who knows, we haven't seen it yet.
Regulated capitalism. Considerable regulation at that.

What's going on in America right now is a perfect example of corporate entities without enough restraint.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Scotty

Quote from: Mystery on February 02, 2012, 07:22:07 PM
I'd hardly call it "LESS shitty", as his point is that civilizations that can't thrive off capitalism fall behind from the rest.  Is there a more productive way to advance?  Who knows, we haven't seen it yet.

What's going on in America right now is a perfect example of corporate entities without enough restraint.

See but then we have lawmakers poised with the question "How do we regulate, what do we regulate, how do we stop it from going overboard", and then we have another SOPA stunt on our hands, only this time, they don't want to agree on anything, because that's less money out of their pockets.  I'm certainly not saying that they can't come up with some way that doesn't infringe on people's rights to partake in Capitalism, just that I don't effin' trust Congress with shit anymore and that I don't think they are remotely capable of passing legislation to regulate Capitalism without completely borking it.  Anything, period.  Hell, I'm utterly shocked that the Senate approved the STOCK act, 96 - 3.  I was almost certain that their greed and udder lack of consideration for anyone other their what fits into their financial agenda would have laughed that act right off the floor.  That goes to show that there are three capitalistic !@#$s in Senate that should not be re-elected on their next term.

Mystery

Quote from: Scotty on February 02, 2012, 07:33:28 PM
Quote from: Mystery on February 02, 2012, 07:22:07 PM

See but then we have lawmakers poised with the question "How do we regulate, what do we regulate, how do we stop it from going overboard", and then we have another SOPA stunt on our hands, only this time, they don't want to agree on anything, because that's less money out of their pockets.  I'm certainly not saying that they can't come up with some way that doesn't infringe on people's rights to partake in Capitalism, just that I don't effin' trust Congress with shit anymore and that I don't think they are remotely capable of passing legislation to regulate Capitalism without completely borking it.  Anything, period.  Hell, I'm utterly shocked that the Senate approved the STOCK act, 96 - 3.  I was almost certain that their greed and udder lack of consideration for anyone other their what fits into their financial agenda would have laughed that act right off the floor.  That goes to show that there are three capitalistic !@#$s in Senate that should not be re-elected on their next term.
I agree that Congress is completely inept.

If we actually had good people in office, all that would be needed would be to analyze the biggest misuses of power and bad practices by big business as a whole and act accordingly. The rules would be constantly changing, so no overbearing laws stays in place for a good period of time.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Yankyal

his brutal honesty is pretty impressive.
Isaiah 13:15-18
Exodus 21:15
Deuteronomy 17:12
Leviticus 20:10

Specialboy

Jesus, I leave for a few years and you turn into a hippy?  Things have changed round here...

Chaos

Quote from: Specialboy on February 03, 2012, 09:18:14 AM

Jesus, I leave for a few years and you turn into a hippy?  Things have changed round here...

::)

Didn't realize actually giving a shit about our country going down the shitter made me a hippy.  Hate to break it to you, though, nothing has changed.  I've always loathed these greedy corporate !@#$s.
Jake says: