News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Remembrance day idea.

Started by Looperpuck, November 11, 2009, 04:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looperpuck

Well, since it's remembrance day today for me, I was thinking of an idea. If remembrance day could somehow tie in with stick online. It would be pretty cool. My ideas where, maybe Poppy's blowing in the wind, maybe a poppy hat, or some sort of weapon related to remembrance day. Crosses planted in the ground, wreathes hanging, maybe even flanders fields some where in the stick world, and other decorations. I was just thinking that this would be kinda of a nice idea to add into stick online, since I don't think it has ever been done yet.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Lingus

Interesting. We call it Veterans Day here. Banks and Post offices are closed. Traffic is lighter than ussually. No one really celebrates. Kind of a minor holiday to implement into a game. But it would be different.

stick d00d

yea it is pretty minor, but i like the idea although the halloween event runs into the holiday, would also be nice to have a thanksgiving event, but that might be asking too much

EpicPhailure

Isn't Veterans/Remembrance Day purely an American holiday?

Looperpuck

Nope, we have it and celebrate it here in Canada also. Oh and Remembrance day is what its called in Canada, and Veterans day is what its called in the United States.
Resurrected

Mystery

While I'm not hating this idea, I think it'd be better for some of the bigger holidays to have events that don't already, like Thanksgiving.(I'm perfectly aware it's an American holiday, but so is Halloween.  :P) It'd be awesome seeing horns of plenty/cornucopias and Pilgrim decorations everywhere, as well as Turkey and Crow enemies. And who wouldn't want a Pilgrim Hat, Horn Hat, or a Giant Turkey Leg to hit someone with?
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

stick d00d

me an NIN were talking about that earlier, the thanksgiving thing.. pilgrim hat is a great idea.. along with the stuff  in BG.. btw i'm pretty sure halloween isn't only american. actually im certain

Titan

I don't wanna sound like a dick but I dislike the idea.
Its a holiday to remember those who fought for our freedom, not for new items in a game.
Livin' in a lonely world.

LeGuy

Quote from: Titan on November 11, 2009, 09:28:26 PM
Its a holiday to remember those who fought for our freedom, not for new items in a game.

Well, that's true, but it's not any disrespect. Just acknowledging the existence of the holiday is a respect to the soldiers, as opposed to pretending otherwise.
Whee!

Celson

Quote from: EpicPhailure on November 11, 2009, 07:11:44 PM
Isn't Veterans/Remembrance Day purely an American holiday?

Other countries did fight in the war aswell (lol). In Australia it's known as Remembrance day. Except we don't get school off though.

tehrozzy

Yeah, all we get is a crappy one minute silence in the middle of class.

Pat

It's the rememberance of the end of World War 1 on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, World War, yes it is a globally celebrated day.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

stick d00d

Quote from: LeGuy on November 11, 2009, 10:47:01 PM
Quote from: Titan on November 11, 2009, 09:28:26 PM

Well, that's true, but it's not any disrespect. Just acknowledging the existence of the holiday is a respect to the soldiers, as opposed to pretending otherwise.
that is so true... i think putting the holiday in game would make people better realize the holiday, most people hardly even care. i remember at school on the announcements we;d have the silence thing also, and people would be talking and shit.. pretty messed up..

yottabyte

I don't know what this is. Care to explain? :)

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Lingus

Remembrance Day, as it is known in the Commonwealth of Nations, is also known as Armistice Day in most other countries, or Veterans Day in the United States. It is celebrated on November 11th which the day the armistice agreement was signed to end World War I.

Gotta love Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Day