News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

update

Started by scsox, December 28, 2009, 10:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krele

Quote from: Mr Pwnage on January 01, 2010, 06:09:51 PM
Quote from: Meiun on January 01, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
Quote from: PizzaBoy on January 01, 2010, 12:48:05 PM
They're laying right out in the open while the game is running.

Edit- With GM8 .png support, those could probably be changed to .png to save a lot of file space.
They could have been that in GM7 too, but they don't load as fast.
Well that's one thing I've never understood about PNGs and game maker....if PNGs are so much more compressed than BMP...why does GM7 load them slower?
Because GM needs to rasterize them to make BMP output...

ARTgames

Quote from: krele on January 01, 2010, 07:01:35 PM

Edit- With GM8 .png support, those could probably be changed to .png to save a lot of file space.
Well that's one thing I've never understood about PNGs and game maker....if PNGs are so much more compressed than BMP...why does GM7 load them slower?
I have no idea why game maker would rasterize png when its already a bitmapped image format.

Ill say other than decompress it i cant think of any reason why it would take longer. Gm is doing something with them.

krele

Quote from: ARTgames on January 01, 2010, 11:39:44 PM
Quote from: krele on January 01, 2010, 07:01:35 PM

I have no idea why game maker would rasterize png when its already a bitmapped image format.

Ill say other than decompress it i cant think of any reason why it would take longer. Gm is doing something with them.
Rasterizing them to bitmaps so it can save it in memory... Even surfaces are bitmaps in game maker...

Easiest would be saying it converts png to bmp. Just take a look at the contents of the help file...

ARTgames

Quote from: krele on January 02, 2010, 07:09:15 AM
Rasterizing them to bitmaps so it can save it in memory... Even surfaces are bitmaps in game maker...

Easiest would be saying it converts png to bmp. Just take a look at the contents of the help file...

Rasterizing is the process of changing vectors into bitmaps. png is already a bitmap to start with. If you take a bmp and place it in a zip file you got yourself was is basically a png.

Also i have no idea what your looking at in the help file. I did look and i did not find what your talking about.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_GraphicsPortable Network Graphics (PNG) is a bitmapped image format that employs lossless data compression.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasterisation
Rasterization or Rasterisation is the task of taking an image described in a vector graphics format (shapes) and converting it into a raster image (pixels or dots) for output on a video display or printer, or for storage in a bitmap file format.

krele

Quote from: ARTgames on January 02, 2010, 11:39:37 AM
Quote from: krele on January 02, 2010, 07:09:15 AM

Rasterizing is the process of changing vectors into bitmaps. png is already a bitmap to start with. If you take a bmp and place it in a zip file you got yourself was is basically a png.

Also i have no idea what your looking at in the help file. I did look and i did not find what your talking about.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Network_GraphicsPortable Network Graphics (PNG) is a bitmapped image format that employs lossless data compression.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasterisation
Rasterization or Rasterisation is the task of taking an image described in a vector graphics format (shapes) and converting it into a raster image (pixels or dots) for output on a video display or printer, or for storage in a bitmap file format.
Chose a wrong word, my bad. It needs to include the texture in the graphics memory. The texture can only be in BMP format.

venuse

wow didnt even know about that addition. maybe he will use some of my old old water monsters that were never put in.

Pat

That looks like an awkward creature.
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

venuse

ok what about this

:D

Zario777

Thats better. Now you are drawing with oil. (or is that cooking with oil?)
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Looperpuck

Quote from: Zario777 on January 03, 2010, 01:01:58 AM
Thats better. Now you are drawing with oil. (or is that cooking with oil?)

I dono, Iv'e heard the saying  "Now your cooking with gas"

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

Zario777

I always say cooking with grease, but thats just me  ;D
What would be the minimum requirements to play SO on my computer?
i7 core running at 3.6 ghz 16gb ram minimum with at least 2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870. Best played with full surround sound and a 30" widescreen moniter.

Mr Pwnage

Quote from: venuse on January 03, 2010, 12:36:22 AM
wow didnt even know about that addition. maybe he will use some of my old old water monsters that were never put in.

Those are epic.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php

Pat

Quote from: venuse on January 03, 2010, 12:50:09 AM
ok what about this

:D
Thats awesome! The back legs should be darker though, it looks strange watching the "feet".
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Delicious

I laughed, so hard. This is the most oddest thing I've ever seen. (In a good way, of course)
<3

Red October

Epic. Completely Epic.