News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Favorite Kind of Sammach/Sub

Started by Ciro, March 07, 2010, 03:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciro

So, right now I'm totally digging in on this AMAZING sammach sub made by Publix. It's like, just, omg, my mouth waters! :D

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm a HUGE sammach person, I love them, and they're one of the few foods I'll try various ingredients to.

What's yer fave kind of Sammach? Or sub? :D

What I've got now is a 7 whole grain sub with turkey, pickles (not the shitty kind, resturant quality, the yellowish ones), lettuce with Munster cheese, and a splash of olive oil and vinegar. Mmmm, so good x3
And of course to top it off, Tripple X Vitawater (XXX)

stick d00d

I've gotten addicted to the Spicy Italian sub from Subway with Pepper-Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo, banana peppers and black olives on honey oat bread... sooooo good :D.. also theres this Gourmet Deli where I live and they have an awesome chicken salad sammich.

Ciro

Sounds  like it'd be good if I liked spicy stuff XD I'm not a huge fan of peppers or zesty kind of things. But I bet that's packed with flavor. >w<

stick d00d

Quote from: Ciro on March 07, 2010, 04:18:33 PM
Sounds  like it'd be good if I liked spicy stuff XD I'm not a huge fan of peppers or zesty kind of things. But I bet that's packed with flavor. >w<
The name kinda lies, it's just salami and pepperoni, you choose everything else :p

Lingus

Togo's is far and away the best sub place there is. I definitely liked going to Quizno's for a while for the fact that they were toasted, but I will always like Togo's the best.

Btw, I assume by sammach you mean sammich? As in, sandwich? Sammach would be a very funny pronunciation... but I'll let you have it. I  would also accept samwich or sammidge. My personal nickname for them being samster.

And yes, I am certainly a sandwich person. I could eat one every day for every meal, and I just about do. I love designing new and interesting ones for myself. There great because there's an infinite array of things to play with. The types of breads alone are endless. Plain sliced breads hold a few dozen choices. Then you can get into artisan pan breads and rolls. You can go the wrap route. And we haven't even gotten to the insides yet. There's hundreds of different combinations of meats and cheeses. Anything from cold cuts to full on steak. The array of vegetables and condiments are staggering. Then you have variations on the preparation such as toasted, open face, pita pocket, wrap, different methods for cutting a sandwich...

I could go on. To be honest, it has been a small dream of mine that when I retire I would open a small sandwich shop where I can make up new sandwiches and serve drinks... that would be the life.

Oh, and my favorite sandwich of all time has to be the Turkey Reuben from Gordon Biersch. It's a Reuben but with turkey. Basically if you don't know what a Reuben is it's marble rye (rye bread with dark brown and light almost white colors swirled together, awesome bread) thin sliced deli turkey, sauerkraut, melted swiss cheese, and thousand island dressing. A-freaking-mazing. That with their garlic fries on the side and a nice marzen. *drool*

Pat

I love subway. I get italian herbs and cheese bread, roast chicken breast, old english cheese, grilled, letuce, olives, red onion, pickles with sweet onion sauce. mmmmmmmmm
Facepunch consumes your soul and assimilates you into their crazy community.

Seifer

Been getting the exact same sub from subway, the same way everytime for the past 4-5 years now. And I eat Subway often.

Italian Herb and Cheese
White Cheddar
NOT Toasted
BLT>Double Bacon
Little bit of Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
LOTS AND LOTS of Southwest Sauce
LOTS of Sub Sauce
Salt and Pepper
Lots of Parmesan
DONE

yottabyte

I've only eaten at subway once but it was delicious  ::) I had a chicken sub with sweet onion sauce

I partly quit SO. I only come online for updates and events. Have a good day. :)

Lingus

Not to downplay most of the people in this topic but subway is kind of subpar when put in comparison to many other options available. Togo's is initially the best equivilant option as they are both sort of fast food joints that sell subs at similar price points, but they make much better sandwiches with better quality ingredients and they are not stingy with them like subway is. You could also go to any deli and get a sandwich and it will be significantly better, and those are usually pretty fairly priced. I guess I'm just saying that subway isn't that great quality and it's not even the best bang for you buck, so I don't see why people go there all that much other than marketing...

Lucifer

My favorite sammaches are from the deli of a local market called Cantwells. I usually like to make them rather simple, so they don't make a monster that explodes after I open it. Generally, Sourdough bread, spicy mustard, provolone/cheddar/pepper jack (one - all three), lettuce, fresh avocado, and maybe black olives and sprouts. I'm not a huge pickles fan in sandwiches, as they tend to dominate the taste. I expecially love avocado in sandwiches, not the cream they spread in some places, real tasty avocado.

If you're wondering about the lack of meat, well, I'm a vegetarian.

I also like Subway or Sams-To-Go, but not to the point where I'd prefer them. I'm happy with them if I'm given them, but I wouldn't go out and get one myself.

Lingus

Quote from: Lucifer on March 08, 2010, 02:43:48 PM
I expecially love avocado in sandwiches, not the cream they spread in some places, real tasty avocado.
Yes! Avocado is awesome. Favorite sandwich from Togo's is the turkey avocado.

Quote from: Lucifer on March 08, 2010, 02:43:48 PM
If you're wondering about the lack of meat, well, I'm a vegetarian.
Which is one of the great things about sandwiches. You still have plenty of options for variety with a sandwich even if you take out the meat and, if you're vegan, the cheese. I was vegetarian for a while and when I first started I was worried that sandwiches without the meat would not be as fullfilling. It was not the case.

stick d00d

I've never heard of Togo's, don't think there is one in MD... sounds good though :p

Seifer

Never heard of Togo's either. But if I were to compare Subway to Mr.sub and Quiznos I would vote for Subway. Quiznos is nice because it feels more fresh, but the options are much more limited. I like my sauces on my subway subs, I like my tasty bread.

Oh, and we have a Subway in our Residence, the only food place here. So It's usually my food of choice hah.

Lingus

Yea, it's sad. Even here they started closing Togo's down. There's one down the street from where I live now, but I used to have to drive a bit to get it. I think they weren't making enough money because they were charging about what Subway does but putting way more into their sandwiches. And people don't know about it as much.

Here ya go: http://www.togos.com/

I don't believe they're in Canada.

I've not heard of Mr. Sub btw.