News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

The meaninglessness of life

Started by Specialboy, March 10, 2010, 10:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARTgames

Quote from: Specialboy on March 12, 2010, 04:27:36 PM
Although everyone brings up good points, you are sort of side-stepping the question.  I asked whether or not you thought life being meaningless was a bad thing, not what the meaning of life is.

I basically said don't mind it and live a happy life.

Scotty

I gotta agree with Lingus, it's sort of... pointless to answer the question when I don't feel life is meaningless.  The meaning of life is for you all to ensure that I have enough beer at all times, and that I am constantly getting laid.  If you haven't put forth that effort, then you may feel free to answer that question, as your life holds no meaning.  Otherwise, I need another beer.

Syco

Although everyone brings up good points, you are sort of side-stepping the question.  I asked whether or not you thought life being meaningless was a bad thing, not what the meaning of life is.

Yes, I think the thought of life being meaningless is a bad thing, a life without meaning, is pretty much leading you to bum and or dead status...

With this being said...Heed the following words... "Life has no real meaning, until you give it one..."

Ciro

Here's my opinion, whether people like it or not.

I believe the meaning of life is to LIVE and ENTERTAIN God. Nothing more.

There is no goal or victory that we are going to come by and after finding it, it will make ever heartbeat sensational and give us a new appreciation for life.

And besides, this whole "What's the meaning of life?" question is just human-kind's way of having something to grasp onto otherwise we'd go insane.

All human beings would like to think they live for a reason, or are doing something good for the world, and if they found out that there is no meaning to life, they would all be depressed (as you said) and not give a damn.

Which, I DO believe there's a meaning, just not one everyone would hope for.

We're all puppets in a show.

foG

Just have fun. Life is short, so try to make the best out of it, live your dreams and try to get as much expirience possible. This is my meaning of life.

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Lucifer

Quote from: Ciro on March 13, 2010, 12:13:20 PM
I believe the meaning of life is to LIVE and ENTERTAIN Satan. Nothing more.
Fixed.

Jake

Quote from: foG on March 13, 2010, 12:31:26 PM
Just have fun. Life is short, so try to make the best out of it, live your dreams and try to get as much expirience possible. This is my meaning of life.
But what if you max out your level?

ARTgames

Quote from: Jake on March 13, 2010, 01:34:16 PM
Thats a silly question. Just go in to second prestige.

crozier

Get a new account. Thats why some people have split personalities. Only crazy people can live every dream and get a certain ammount of exp to fulfill the ultimate account. Just stay with your current account and try to be the best.

foG

This was not supposed to be a joke @art and croz.

And Jake how can you max out having fun?

Made by EpicPhail.

http://mr.foglet.mybrute.com/
Fight my brute Mr.foGlet. =D

Scotty

Mystery

Quote from: Trogdor on March 10, 2010, 11:05:19 PM
Hmm, I guess I've never thought of life that way. It really makes you wonder how life can even manifest itself in the first place. For example, after the Big Bang, what gave consciousness to the loose mass of atoms that now are working in tandem with each other in the form of a primordial cell? What makes one localization of atoms any different than another when considering the potential for life? If a mass of atoms function together for their own wellbeing, does this mean a single atom possesses consciousness? If an atom is indeed conscious, does that also mean that all things composed of atoms, inanimate objects included, possess some level of awareness?

Since life is a rare and unreasonable thing, it could go both ways: life could have absolutely no meaning (e.g. the random assembly of atoms was a quirk, one that the universe let slide), or it could have the utmost amount of meaning (some sort of force that manifested itself through matter, be it a force beyond human comprehension/undiscovered in the scientific field, some sort of "Creator" or "God", etc.).

How one interprets life depends on said person's upbringing, environment, health, social interactions, observations, hierarchy of the mind and body in terms of functionality, and on and on. No one person was raised exactly the same as another, so each person's view on life differs. I believe life has no meaning, but humans have the potential to give it meaning.

Imagine life as a blank canvas: simply stating there's nothing there is quite true, and you can repeat that essential truth to yourself as many times as you'd like. However, if you ever decide that you'd like to see a tree on there, you have it in your power to pick up the paintbrush and paint one. Sure, life may limit you in your abilities to perform a certain action, just like how someone is limited artistically by how well they can paint. All it takes is a great deal of motivation, determination, and practice.

The point I'm trying to make here is life has no meaning until you give it some. It's completely up to you how you want to perceive life, and you are always free to change your stance if the whim ever arises.
^This^.

Quote from: ARTgames on March 12, 2010, 05:11:34 PM

I basically said don't mind it and live a happy life.
^THIS.^

^THISTHISTHIS^.

Honestly, I can't really add much more because all of ^these^ are my combined viewpoints.
AKA Paradox/EnragedDeity/Occurrence.
Quote from: Medgar Evers
You can kill a man, but you can't kill an idea.

Scotty

You're all dodging the fact that you exist to bring me more beer, now why don't I have one in my hand right now?  Have we all given up on life?

ARTgames

Quote from: Scotty on March 14, 2010, 08:40:15 PM
You're all dodging the fact that you exist to bring me more beer, now why don't I have one in my hand right now?  Have we all given up on life?
hes got a point here.

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster