News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

ROCKET MAAAAAAAAAN!!

Started by Chaos, March 15, 2010, 06:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaos

Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

Jake

My dreams are becoming a reality! Oh dear God, yes yes yes.

LeGuy

This is, without a doubt, the single greatest moment ever.
Whee!

11clock

Looks like the jetpack finally came to reality. Seems kind of dangerous, though. Let's keep em away from kids.

Lucifer

Chaos

Quote from: 11clock on March 15, 2010, 06:53:05 PM
Looks like the jetpack finally came to reality. Seems kind of dangerous, though. Let's keep em away from kids.

Life is dangerous.  Get used to it.   ;)
Jake says:
lol, I found God! He was hiding under a big rock this entire time that lil jokster

11clock

I just noticed something. What happens if the jetpack runs out of gas while you are high in the air? "It's a bird! It's a plane! No it's a guy with a jetpack plummeting to the ground!"

Lucifer

Quote from: 11clock on March 15, 2010, 06:57:08 PM
I just noticed something. What happens if the jetpack runs out of gas while you are high in the air? "It's a bird! It's a plane! No it's a guy with a jetpack plummeting to the ground!"
What happens when a car runs out of gas in the middle of the freeway?
It's called not being an idiot...

Chaos

The same thing that happens to a plane that runs out of gas while high in the air.  So what?   :P
Jake says:

ARTgames

well technically its not a rocket not is it. But an air plain helicopter.

Chaos

Quote from: ARTgames on March 15, 2010, 07:00:44 PM

That uses standard gasoline from gas stations! :D
Jake says:

Lingus

Quote from: Chaos on March 15, 2010, 06:58:12 PM

The same thing that happens to a plane that runs out of gas while high in the air.  So what?   :P
You die...

This is going to be bad. You know why the rate of death is so much higher in cars than it is in planes? Because only pilots fly planes. Any stupid person can get a license to drive a car.

You know why the rate of death in cars isn't higher? Because they aren't planes. If some stupid person runs out of gas or does something stupid (which will happen, and happen often) it would normally be minor injuries for the driver and possibly other people... but now any and all minor stupidity will result in death. You don't just crash and come to a stop. You !@#$ up thousands of feet in the air and you will die.

And anyways, I can't see this being a regular thing. People taking off from their back yards, zipping around the city along with millions of other people. The sky looking like one giant freeway. People criss-crossing at complete random, no lanes, no idea of even a general direction of traffic flow. It would be utter chaos and destruction. There is no way the FCC would allow this. It will probably be restricted to outside of city limits for normal people, and inside would be reserved for emergency personnel.

ARTgames

Quote from: Chaos on March 15, 2010, 07:01:49 PM

well it needs to be attached to this to make it the best traveling vehicle.

ARTgames

Quote from: Chaos on March 15, 2010, 07:01:49 PM

well it needs to be attached to this to make it the best traveling vehicle.

well it needs to be part of this to make it the best traveling device. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsCb1QgVtxc

Chaos

Quote from: Lingus on March 15, 2010, 07:06:14 PM
Quote from: Chaos on March 15, 2010, 06:58:12 PM

You die...

This is going to be bad. You know why the rate of death is so much higher in cars than it is in planes? Because only pilots fly planes. Any stupid person can get a license to drive a car.

You know why the rate of death in cars isn't higher? Because they aren't planes. If some stupid person runs out of gas or does something stupid (which will happen, and happen often) it would normally be minor injuries for the driver and possibly other people... but now any and all minor stupidity will result in death. You don't just crash and come to a stop. You !@#$ up thousands of feet in the air and you will die.

And anyways, I can't see this being a regular thing. People taking off from their back yards, zipping around the city along with millions of other people. The sky looking like one giant freeway. People criss-crossing at complete random, no lanes, no idea of even a general direction of traffic flow. It would be utter chaos and destruction. There is no way the FCC would allow this. It will probably be restricted to outside of city limits for normal people, and inside would be reserved for emergency personnel.

"The Martin jetpack was designed to meet the Federal Aviation Administration's Part 103 regulations, which govern "ultralight" vehicles that don't require a pilot's license (though the company does require you to enroll in its training class prior to flying).  

The FAA dictates that you won't be able to fly at night -- jetpacks are allowed only from dawn to dusk. But that's OK: The Martin jetpack doesn't have any operating lights.

The FAA also wags its finger at flying in town, warning that "no person may operate an ultralight vehicle over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons." And a slew of complicated regulations dictate how high you can fly, based on the visibility of clouds."

From teh article.  The thing you gotta realize is, every vehicle, no matter what you do, has the potential for death.  It's impossible to prevent stupid people from being stupid. If we regulated the hell out of everything in the name of safety, you may as well not even get up in the morning. 
Jake says: