News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Rpg tiles

Started by NotSoCheerios, March 22, 2010, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotSoCheerios

So. I've been over the years planning a ORPG, and just recently started actually producing a tile set for it. Thus far has been pretty annoying because I hardly ever do anything I really like.. the grass tile itself took weeks of trying.
Anyway... now that I got the necessary parts done for the most part and a style chosen. I'll be able to start pumping out detail tiles.

Looking at it though, I'm going to need to change the palete of the tree a bit. make it fit with the cliff a smidgen more.

venuse

thats actually pretty good dude.

NotSoCheerios

Thanks, you did pixel art too as far as I recalled correct?

EpicPhailure

That tree is looking good.

NotSoCheerios

I should probably include this as well.

Scotty

Quote from: NotSoCheerios on March 22, 2010, 09:37:53 PM
I should probably include this as well.

The shading of the leaves is epic!

Looperpuck

All those are pretty awesome. I'd play this game. You are a very talented pixel artist.

~Looperpuck
Resurrected

NotSoCheerios

Thank you. I've actually been offered a career for pixel art from the company Game Loft.
But I prefer doing indie games for now.

HamsterPants

Quote from: NotSoCheerios on March 22, 2010, 10:10:05 PM
Thank you. I've actually been offered a career for pixel art from the company Game Loft.
*Is extremely envious*

NotSoCheerios

Quote from: HamsterPants on March 23, 2010, 04:13:46 PM
Quote from: NotSoCheerios on March 22, 2010, 10:10:05 PM
*Is extremely envious*

Don't be.. the jobs I've done with them are beat. They are far from a nice company to work with for pixel art. Part of the reason I didn't accept a full time career with them.

venuse

well you may be able to get a job with some other company :)

NotSoCheerios

Quote from: venuse on March 23, 2010, 05:43:12 PM
well you may be able to get a job with some other company :)
yeah. But I'd much rather get a team together and produce a game on our own. Then possibly do the occasional free lance work.

Delicious

I'm enjoying the palette, especially on the trees. The texture is awesome as well. Only thing I'd say doesn't match up is the player sprite, it seems far to boring and stiff. I would provide a better critic, but I need to head to school right now. I'll edit this post with something better once I get back. Keep it up!  :)
<3

NotSoCheerios

Quote from: Delicious on March 25, 2010, 12:03:36 PM
I'm enjoying the palette, especially on the trees. The texture is awesome as well. Only thing I'd say doesn't match up is the player sprite, it seems far to boring and stiff. I would provide a better critic, but I need to head to school right now. I'll edit this post with something better once I get back. Keep it up!  :)
I agree actually.. The sprite is like.. 2 years old. It'll get some reworking for sure. right now I'm just using to match up sizing.

Mr Pwnage

I'm usually a pretty rough critique when it comes to rpg sprites such as this...but these are !@#$in awesome. You have a very unique and defined style. Keep it up.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein (1947)

http://www.benmward.com/projects.php