News:

FOR INFORMATION ON DONATIONS, AND HOW TO OBTAIN ACCESS TO THE GAME, PLEASE VIEW THE FOLLOWING TOPIC: http://stick-online.com/boards/index.php?topic=2.0

Main Menu

Stick Online's dead

Started by CherryPie, May 10, 2010, 01:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CherryPie

So after a while (it's been 3 months something), I thought, I might have a look back in SO again, say hello to some old friends, but ehh..guess what?
"There are currently 2 player(s) online!". Me and an afk'ing newb. Hooray, so I thought it could've been 'cause of the time, but yeah, tried again a few mins ago and there was no one but me in this little beautiful world. :(

Suggestions? Well, level 101-105 plawks? Not original and stuff, but.. I don't like to play an MMO that doesn't even have quests completely alone.

Just give us something, so the community comes together again.

- Cherry

Forum

Well the reason there might be barely any people online is because people have a life,school or other things and maybe its just night for them and morning for you.
Officially quitted

sk8terboi

finally someone made something about this. we need new monsters and new places. Some new weps BIG events. So maybe more people will come back.
[SSSS]

Forum

Quote from: sk8terboi on May 10, 2010, 07:19:59 PM
finally someone made something about this. we need new monsters and new places. Some new weps BIG events. So maybe more people will come back.
Theres a v3 coming the donor server is there as a thanks. But yea more events would help that would give out already existing hats/weapons from monsters.
Officially quitted

Lucifer

Oh lewk, an incredibly morbid title of a topic posted in the wrong section, I'm sure it will get good comments. In my honest opinion, I think it's about time the server be taken down. I know the cost and moderating required is minimal, and there are many that still enjoy a casual evening of relentless farming, but the average amount of people on per day is 0-2. Most would disagree with that, but I'm just putting it out there.

However, my opinion out of the way, I'm skeptical. On the one hand, I'd like V2 to stay the pure way that it is. On the other hand I can see how raising the level cap even more, maybe adding in other super creeps (Increased size monsters, I.E Sand Golem) like humongous bunnies and blobs, and other relatively easy to implement things could be fun.

Honestly, an incredibly simple way to attract more players, is a user friendly shoutbox (not one where you have to click in to), like the old one that was removed. Most people don't play because they don't think anybody else is on, well, just leave a shout on the shoutbox and it's highly likely someone will join you. Oh and uh, *ahem*, weekly spawn parties helps too.  ;)

EpicPhailure

Wasn't the site Scotty made for S.O. hacked through because of the chatbox?

Stick Online is far from dead. A game is dead when the developers stop making progress in my opinion, or when there are no fans of the game on their forums. As you can see, neither of these apply to this game. I agree with you when the donor server is dying, but the game itself certainly isn't.

stick d00d

The donor server is basically dead, but it is up to Meiun what he wants to become of it.

Most people who don't play now (like me) usually just check in on the forum awaiting for news of V3... or just passing time in the off topic section. Either way I believe this game is far from dead, as it is currently being worked on, even if it isn't talked about(which I don't mind).

NotoriousM4^

ARTgames

Quote from: EpicPhailure on May 10, 2010, 09:57:23 PM
Quote from: NotoriousM4^ on May 10, 2010, 09:38:37 PM
*COUGH*

What about it?
Its his idea on how to make the game more interesting.

As for the game i guess people got a little bored and moved on. They will be back when something happens.

EpicPhailure

Quote from: ARTgames on May 10, 2010, 09:59:44 PM
*COUGH*

What about it?

As for the game i guess people got a little bored and moved on. They will be back when something happens.
Oh.

Forum

Quote from: EpicPhailure on May 10, 2010, 10:02:57 PM
*COUGH*

What about it?

Oh.
Posting things like "oh" don't really contribute anything...
Officially quitted

EpicPhailure

Quote from: Forum on May 10, 2010, 11:45:25 PM
Quote from: EpicPhailure on May 10, 2010, 10:02:57 PM
*COUGH*

What about it?

Oh.
Posting things like "oh" don't really contribute anything...

Not much to contribute to an answer to your question.

Lucifer

Don't question the answer to the question's question, it results in questioning answers.

Meiun

Stick Online isn't "dead" unless we give up or stop developing it, which definitely isn't going to happen anytime soon on my watch. Sure the current donor server may not be incredibly active as of late, but you guys seem to forget over and over that the donor server is more of a thank you to the donors who still want to be able to play V2, than an actively developed part of Stick Online. I was never expecting the donor server to be "highly active" or anything like that. Either way, part of the reason for the drop in activity lately almost definitely has a lot to do with me being extremely busy finishing up this semester of college (which has been a very busy one). But, luckily I've only got 2 more weeks till its over. Also, while it may not be uncommon lately to only see a couple people on at once, I also have seen 7-10 on a fairly regular basis as well. It really depends what time you go on it seems.

Also, while I have enjoyed adding little bonus's to the donor server version of V2 from time to time, you guys need to remember that one of the main reasons we took it down to the public was in order to focus on V3. So it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to be devoting huge amounts of effort to further something when A) It is only currently used as a thank you to our donors, and B) Would just take up time that could otherwise be used towards V3.

But whatever the case may be, people have donated to play on the donor server, and therefore I would like to keep it up as long as possible (at the very least until V3 is available). As this is not really someone I'm willing to take opinions on (or allow people to post depressing or misinformed opinions), I am going to go ahead and close this topic...